http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -22886651/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feb 9 2009 by Neil Hodgson, Liverpool Echo
NATIONAL postal union officer Dave Wood has updated Liverpool workers on the fight to retain a city sorting centre.
The Communication Workers’ Union (CWU) senior deputy general secretary for the postal sector addressed about 100 union members at Lord Nelson Street’s The Liner Hotel yesterday.
Branch secretary Mark Walsh said: “He told members the union was still trying to get Royal Mail to do a U-turn on their plan to switch sorting from Copperas Hill to Warrington on the grounds their plans were flawed.”
He said the union was also committed to non- compulsory redundancies.
Meanwhile, postal workers will target MPs in a postcard campaign calling on them to try to halt Royal Mail’s postal centre review that will close five of seven north west sites.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail Centre Fight Goes On - Liverpool
-
Geezer
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1347
- Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 21:01
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: mail centre fight goes on
Dave Wood ?????
its Dave Ward I guess that got through the fact checker at the Liverpool Echo.
its Dave Ward I guess that got through the fact checker at the Liverpool Echo.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.