ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
CWU
An e-petition has been set up on Number 10's website opposing privatisation of Royal Mail. Please sign it and get your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues to do the same. It's vital that the government understands that this is a deeply unpopular move.
"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to reject any part privatisation or minority stake sale of Royal Mail which could lead to loss of service, price hikes and would erode a much loved public service."
"A petition to keep a much loved public service fully intergrated and wholly in the public sector."
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Royal-Mail-Sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An e-petition has been set up on Number 10's website opposing privatisation of Royal Mail. Please sign it and get your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues to do the same. It's vital that the government understands that this is a deeply unpopular move.
"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to reject any part privatisation or minority stake sale of Royal Mail which could lead to loss of service, price hikes and would erode a much loved public service."
"A petition to keep a much loved public service fully intergrated and wholly in the public sector."
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Royal-Mail-Sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Midge
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 19:38
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Nice one.
Let's make this the biggest E-petition...no, in fact...the biggest petition, ever signed by anyone anytime!
Get your workmates, friends, family, neighbours, and all their dogs to sign it!

Let's make this the biggest E-petition...no, in fact...the biggest petition, ever signed by anyone anytime!
Get your workmates, friends, family, neighbours, and all their dogs to sign it!
When it comes down to it, full-time release reps like me don't have to do the job, the ordinary rank and file do.
Full-time reps sometimes need reminding who they represent. There's no time like the present...
Follow me on Twitter @DeepRedMidge
Full-time reps sometimes need reminding who they represent. There's no time like the present...
Follow me on Twitter @DeepRedMidge
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Done - beat you as well Midge, got signed up before I got your emailMidge wrote:Nice one.
Let's make this the biggest E-petition...no, in fact...the biggest petition, ever signed by anyone anytime!
Get your workmates, friends, family, neighbours, and all their dogs to sign it!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Yahoorsur
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 08:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Dunfermline
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Sent it to everyone in my address book hope everyone does the same.
The more you know, the worse it gets.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Hmm and I was thinking lobbying was such a terrible thing given the negative comments about lobbying MP's on RMC 
-
Dynamo 2
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Female
- Location: surfing the net!
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Done!
I hope the MP's can make Mandelson see sense....I question the decision that brought him back in the first place!
I hope the MP's can make Mandelson see sense....I question the decision that brought him back in the first place!
I can only please one person per day.
Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either!
Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Signatures: 1,954

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
How many signatures do you think it will take to make Broon change his mind ?
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
More than Jeremy Clarkson gotBroxi51 wrote:How many signatures do you think it will take to make Broon change his mind ?
I don't think we have to charge Browns mind though we have to do 2 things:
1. Show the level of disagreement with the part privatisation of RM that the public has, thereby hoping more MPs sign it and vote against the legislation when its put to a vote in the Commons.
2. Change the minds of the real brains behind BluLabour, the puppet master himself Lord Mandelson.
I honestly and firmly believe that Brown is no longer really in charge of the Labour Party, he keeps putting his feet in it too much, his style of oratory is frankly appalling and his grip on reality appears to be slipping. During PMQs he has the BluLabour approach of Blair, Mandelson and other Blairites, in that he always seems to answer a question with an attack on the asker or their party, or he goes off at a complete different tangent hoping no one will notice.
I just wish he would stop blaming the previous Government when asked a difficult question, we all know the weaknesses and history of the major parties, but Labour have now been in power nearly 12 years, when are they going to start accepting responsibility for their actions and policies and stop blaming others.
PMQs is for him to answer questions on his policies and actions not as an occasion to attack others proposals.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
TBT
Your spot on, its getting the proposals voted down by parliment and based on the letter from my MP today that just might happen.
Your spot on, its getting the proposals voted down by parliment and based on the letter from my MP today that just might happen.
-
Radio
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Dec 2008, 13:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Signatures: 3,409
Still a long way to go.
Still a long way to go.
-
pocky20
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
i just hope all this works guys . well hope is to soft a word i pray i works for all of us
:mfo

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Changed:
- Signatures: 3,409
... into:
+ Signatures: 4,479
- Signatures: 3,409
... into:
+ Signatures: 4,479
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Changed:
- Signatures: 4,479
... into:
+ Signatures: 4,831
- Signatures: 4,479
... into:
+ Signatures: 4,831
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Number 10 e-petition:Opposing privatisation of Royal Mail
Changed:
- Signatures: 4,831
... into:
+ Signatures: 5,003
- Signatures: 4,831
... into:
+ Signatures: 5,003
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.