http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/Sut ... 4875689.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Sutton Bridge postman is braving sub-zero temperatures in his shorts to deliver the mail in a bid to raise cash for charity.
Nick Hagon (41) had a 50p bet with some of his colleagues that he wouldn't be able to brave the weather and wear his shorts from when the clocks went back in October to when they go forward again on March 29.
Now the bet has snowballed and people are sponsoring him to keep up his crazy challenge.
Nick has already been pledged £300 and is hoping to raise as much as possible for his two chosen charities – Breast Cancer Care and Help for Heroes.
He said: "The agreement is that I'm not allowed to cover anything from my knees downwards.
"It is pretty cold and I have thought about getting some thermal underwear.
"Being outside for between four and six hours a day it does get fairly cold, especially last week when it was minus three degrees and snowing.
"The amount of support people have been giving me is brilliant. I get people giving me the thumbs up and encouraging me to carry on.
"It's become a stubborn thing now. There's no way I'm giving up."
Nick, who lives in Sutton St James, has sponsor forms in Sutton Bridge Post Office and Nene Pharmacy.
He added: "I want people to be aware that I'm doing this for charity and that I'm not a complete nutter.
"The other day my knees were blue by the time I got home.
"The first thing I do is take a hot shower to try and bring my body temperature back up.
"I can't believe that I've agreed to do this and it's turned out to be the coldest winter we have had for years.
"I'm not doing it again, unless I raise £1,000 or more. Then I might think about it."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sutton Bridge postie Nick braves cold for charities
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sutton Bridge postie Nick braves cold for charities
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
streetwalker
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 09 Sep 2008, 14:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Sutton Bridge postie Nick braves cold for charities
there are 2 lads in our office been wearing shorts for 5 years, all year round, started out as a ten pint bet.
-
wranglered
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 29 Jan 2007, 16:40
- Location: Lincolnshire
Re: Sutton Bridge postie Nick braves cold for charities
Are we sure he is really doing it for charity or is he just showing flexibility and willingness to kill himself on behalf of RM management?.......6 hours outside indeed....and this in a CWU branch area that claims excessive deliveries are not being forced upon their members....TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/Sut ... 4875689.jp
A Sutton Bridge postman is braving sub-zero temperatures in his shorts to deliver the mail.......
"Being outside for between four and six hours a day it does get fairly cold, especially last week when it was minus three degrees and snowing.
"I want people to be aware that I'm doing this for charity and that I'm not a complete nutter....."