ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pens!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Pens!

Post by Thorby Bislam »

We have lots of pens available in the PHG locker. All we have to do is ask.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
Pmn
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 11:05

Re:

Post by Pmn »

newpostie wrote:i take 3 bookies pens
I do this as well. Some of them are very good. William Hill pens in particular seem to last for ages.
ar26
Posts: 155
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!

Post by ar26 »

I used to get them from customers when the Royal Mail crap pen would stop working within 10 minutes of being out, they would take pity on me as I would obv need the pen later for someone else's delivery. It's a typical Royal Mail thing they are utter rubbish but they save money as we end up buying our own, think how much they save by mot issuing these crap pens because we don't want them.
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Pens!

Post by apple »

whilst i do use my own pens on delivery now, every time one runs out i take a RM pen and just use that at home, seems fare to me
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re:

Post by lekker »

k66yla wrote:Sometimes we end up having to use the free charity pens that come out of the D2D's for Callers, so much for looking professional :roll: I normally have to go out and buy stuff out of my own pocket for Callers like Marker Pens, Selotape etc, ask the managers to order stuff but it never gets done :arrrghhh
DON'T one of our guys got sacked for that last year although the union got him reinstated. The managers have been known to take them and hand them out but when they were questioned they were all suffering from amnesia. ;liar
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Re:

Post by Stormproof »

lekker wrote:
k66yla wrote:Sometimes we end up having to use the free charity pens that come out of the D2D's for Callers, so much for looking professional :roll: I normally have to go out and buy stuff out of my own pocket for Callers like Marker Pens, Selotape etc, ask the managers to order stuff but it never gets done :arrrghhh
DON'T one of our guys got sacked for that last year although the union got him reinstated. The managers have been known to take them and hand them out but when they were questioned they were all suffering from amnesia. ;liar
it used to be the LM's that gave us the charity D2D pens, recently they must've put a order in with Banner office supplies as they seem to handing them out.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
galaxie500
Posts: 20
Joined: 22 Oct 2008, 17:07
Gender: Male
Location: northampton

Re: Pens!

Post by galaxie500 »

yes i got a banner pen today used to be bics i never use my own pens allways ask line manager or blag one off one of my firms
tommyboy
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jan 2009, 16:36
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!

Post by tommyboy »

I ask my manager for a pen almost every day. drives him mad but that makes it more fun.
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Pens!

Post by da'bunny »

We normally have pens provided but there annoying coz they have lids! sometimes end up using the free ones in spare d2ds! Barclays give away good clicky ones ...might be an idea to stock up on someone next time!!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
yougogal
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 19:01
Location: lancashire

Re: Pens!

Post by yougogal »

I use same ones macfan uses, Lidl do beltin pens. Cheap but good quality.
postwoman, lancashire
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Pens!

Post by TeeferTiger »

The 47p for 10 pens from Tesco are clicky ones...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!

Post by dvbuk55 »

The world is full of victims - they don't give it me so I go and buy it - well if they don't give it me I don't use it and if I need it I go and ask for petty cash to buy it :d'oh!
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Pens!

Post by motherhubbard »

Image
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Pens!

Post by dvbuk55 »

motherhubbard wrote:Image
You get one free after 50 years service or 100 hours of voluntary unpaid overtime - so I either have another 27 years or 99 hours and 59 minutes vuo before I get my pen set :cuppa
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pens!

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:Image
You get one free after 50 years service or 100 hours of voluntary unpaid overtime - so I either have another 27 years or 99 hours and 59 minutes vuo before I get my pen set :cuppa
FFS dvb - stop lying, you've already done 75 years in RM :nervous

and am I the only one who mis reads the title............................just swap the s and the ! :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio