All clear now!k979aaa wrote:BIILy HAYES!.majeed wrote:Eh? Even I don't get that one....(?)k979aaa wrote:He would have looked even more blank if you said "bill has already had his mail and the pie truck was behind me"k66yla wrote:Handed mail over to a customer the other day, he said 'I don't want them if they are bill's', I said 'Bill has already had his mail', he gave me a blank look, that one obviously went straight over his head
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
majeed
- Posts: 463
- Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40
Billy the pie eater?
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
We ride the line between twist and crime
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
old women going oo oo when your halfway down the street thats when i turn into linford christie(and yes i have a big cock aswell)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
So does adam :cfo he is stood next to him :lfo .jaylime wrote:old women going oo oo when your halfway down the street thats when i turn into linford christie(and yes i have a big cock aswell)
-
majeed
- Posts: 463
- Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40
Big 'un
That was rough! Oooh! Oooh!k979aaa wrote:So does adam :cfo he is stood next to him :lfo .jaylime wrote:old women going oo oo when your halfway down the street thats when i turn into linford christie(and yes i have a big cock aswell)
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
We ride the line between twist and crime
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
majeed,where ya been?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
majeed
- Posts: 463
- Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40
Peed off.
I got peed off with someone on the forums. Sorry. Nice to be back. I missed you too.POSTMAN wrote:majeed,where ya been?
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
We ride the line between twist and crime
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Peed off.
Who, Who??? I like to be noseymajeed wrote:I got peed off with someone on the forums. Sorry. Nice to be back. I missed you too.POSTMAN wrote:majeed,where ya been?
Oh yeah, and Welcome back
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Peed off.
It was a post several months ago which was a bit out of line, I believe I flagged it up (of course I may have meant to and forgotk66yla wrote:Who, Who??? I like to be noseymajeed wrote:I got peed off with someone on the forums. Sorry. Nice to be back. I missed you too.POSTMAN wrote:majeed,where ya been?
Oh yeah, and Welcome back
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
majeed
- Posts: 463
- Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40
It's gone
Thanks disgruntled. I'm very sensitive, as everyone in my district knows: they all treat me gently, including my manager. They're a good bunch.disgruntledpostie1 wrote:It was a post several months ago which was a bit out of line, I believe I flagged it up (of course I may have meant to and forgotk66yla wrote:Who, Who??? I like to be noseymajeed wrote:I got peed off with someone on the forums. Sorry. Nice to be back. I missed you too.POSTMAN wrote:majeed,where ya been?
Oh yeah, and Welcome back).
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
We ride the line between twist and crime
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Annoying buggers they are always starting crowing at dawn - better off in a salad or stew.jaylime wrote:and yes i have a big cock aswell
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re:
dave7634 wrote:I used to collect from a house which ran a business within. I called every day and yet they used to have the door locked and you'd ring the ruddy bell and then hear them run downstairs. Through that wobbly glass you'd see them fumbling with a bunch of keys that a jailer would be proud of and then they'd shout, "Just a minute!" while you're freezing to death or getting p*ss wet through on the other side!i love mail sort wrote:People not finding there keys is a good example, i often say to them in my cheeky voice " you wouldn't last long in a fire"
-
ar26
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Tight ones who do unofficial redirections, usually from one end of the country to the other.
Complain the mail is wet when you look like a drowned rat
complain there mail is late when they're waiting for their giro ( thought no one got giro's anymore )
complain they no longer get thier mail before they go to work ( how many years is it now )
complain about misposted items when they have no house numbers
oh and the best one was a lady who whilst I was doing a special to her neighbour asked if she could have her mail, I tried to explain she couldn't as my van was full and I didn't know where it was and even if I did I couldn't get to it due to it being in the middle and out of reach till I had delivered some.
Hanging baskets just at forehead height
People washing cars on the drive when it's freezing
people who take offence when they offer to take the special delivery for thier neighbour and you tell them they can't and explain why ( the look of rejection on thier faces )
The ones that can't understand that we sometimes make mistakes and post them the wrong mail
The ones who think it's our fault we don't sell stamps
the ones who complain we keep delivering mail for the old occupier repeatably ( despite being told we have to )
Little children who ask " what you doing "
Teenagers who ask "is you're name Pat " really funny
People with " no junk mail please " stickers how do we know what they think is junk plus we have to deliver all mail regardless
People who complain there special is late even though it isn't.
People who complain about other parcel delivery companies to us
people who complain they don't have any mail even though they are not expecting anything
However most are really nice people and a pleasure to deliver to even if they don't tip at Christmas.
Complain the mail is wet when you look like a drowned rat
complain there mail is late when they're waiting for their giro ( thought no one got giro's anymore )
complain they no longer get thier mail before they go to work ( how many years is it now )
complain about misposted items when they have no house numbers
oh and the best one was a lady who whilst I was doing a special to her neighbour asked if she could have her mail, I tried to explain she couldn't as my van was full and I didn't know where it was and even if I did I couldn't get to it due to it being in the middle and out of reach till I had delivered some.
Hanging baskets just at forehead height
People washing cars on the drive when it's freezing
people who take offence when they offer to take the special delivery for thier neighbour and you tell them they can't and explain why ( the look of rejection on thier faces )
The ones that can't understand that we sometimes make mistakes and post them the wrong mail
The ones who think it's our fault we don't sell stamps
the ones who complain we keep delivering mail for the old occupier repeatably ( despite being told we have to )
Little children who ask " what you doing "
Teenagers who ask "is you're name Pat " really funny
People with " no junk mail please " stickers how do we know what they think is junk plus we have to deliver all mail regardless
People who complain there special is late even though it isn't.
People who complain about other parcel delivery companies to us
people who complain they don't have any mail even though they are not expecting anything
However most are really nice people and a pleasure to deliver to even if they don't tip at Christmas.
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
My apologies for the vulgarity, but the thing that annoys me more than anything else is customers letting their dogs s**t in the street. I've got a pretty reasonable walk, all things considered. Of course, there are some of the minor irritants that have already mentioned, but even so it's far better than a lot of others. Except for one thing. Dog s**t everywhere. And I do mean EVERYWHERE. You would have to see it to believe it.
I'm not talking about the occasional turd. Oh, no, that wouldn't matter. I'm talking about both sides of every street being liberally smeared and befouled with dog s**t. Not in the gutter. On the pavement. And as often as not, directly outside the gates. Different sizes and amounts of s**t. Liquid s**t is the worst. the smell in summer is indescribable.
And I think the worst aspect is that I have to be constantly alert, looking out for s**t, so that I dont stand in it or run the bike through it. I sympathise with the householders who want their gate shutting. If I lived in a shitty area like that, I'd want my gate shutting too.
And get this. There is one address that doesn't let their dog out to s**t in the street. Their dog's toilet is the garden and their gate is always shut. But they never clear it up. NEVER. There is s**t in their garden that's been there all year. I really have to pick my way carefully when walking down the path to the front door. The guy was leaning out of an upstairs window, a couple of months back and he asked me to shut his gate. I asked him to clean his dog s**t up. But he hasn't.
By now, you probably think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.
I'm not talking about the occasional turd. Oh, no, that wouldn't matter. I'm talking about both sides of every street being liberally smeared and befouled with dog s**t. Not in the gutter. On the pavement. And as often as not, directly outside the gates. Different sizes and amounts of s**t. Liquid s**t is the worst. the smell in summer is indescribable.
And I think the worst aspect is that I have to be constantly alert, looking out for s**t, so that I dont stand in it or run the bike through it. I sympathise with the householders who want their gate shutting. If I lived in a shitty area like that, I'd want my gate shutting too.
And get this. There is one address that doesn't let their dog out to s**t in the street. Their dog's toilet is the garden and their gate is always shut. But they never clear it up. NEVER. There is s**t in their garden that's been there all year. I really have to pick my way carefully when walking down the path to the front door. The guy was leaning out of an upstairs window, a couple of months back and he asked me to shut his gate. I asked him to clean his dog s**t up. But he hasn't.
By now, you probably think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
andybfc
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Thorby Bislam wrote:My apologies for the vulgarity, but the thing that annoys me more than anything else is customers letting their dogs s**t in the street. I've got a pretty reasonable walk, all things considered. Of course, there are some of the minor irritants that have already mentioned, but even so it's far better than a lot of others. Except for one thing. Dog s**t everywhere. And I do mean EVERYWHERE. You would have to see it to believe it.
I'm not talking about the occasional turd. Oh, no, that wouldn't matter. I'm talking about both sides of every street being liberally smeared and befouled with dog s**t. Not in the gutter. On the pavement. And as often as not, directly outside the gates. Different sizes and amounts of s**t. Liquid s**t is the worst. the smell in summer is indescribable.
And I think the worst aspect is that I have to be constantly alert, looking out for s**t, so that I dont stand in it or run the bike through it. I sympathise with the householders who want their gate shutting. If I lived in a shitty area like that, I'd want my gate shutting too.
And get this. There is one address that doesn't let their dog out to s**t in the street. Their dog's toilet is the garden and their gate is always shut. But they never clear it up. NEVER. There is s**t in their garden that's been there all year. I really have to pick my way carefully when walking down the path to the front door. The guy was leaning out of an upstairs window, a couple of months back and he asked me to shut his gate. I asked him to clean his dog s**t up. But he hasn't.
By now, you probably think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.
I wouldn't bother attempting delivery.
-
ar26
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Re the street full of dog turd. I used to work for Scottish & Newcastle and the dreys would refuse to deliver to certain pubs as the owners had dogs that used the yards at the back as a toilet - they sited Health & safety, nothing to do with dogs being lose just the fact there was dog turds there. Might be worth getting your DOM to put a complaint into the local council.