ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips
-
Kim
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Sep 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas Tips
Got my best christmas tip today !! One which I shalln't be sharing.. Got asked out for a date with a guy on my walk !! 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Christmas Tips
It'll all end in tearsKim wrote:Got my best christmas tip today !! One which I shalln't be sharing.. Got asked out for a date with a guy on my walk !!
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Christmas Tips
I have been a reserve for seven years now and this has happened every year.sue wrote:I am a relatively new postie and had been doing the same delivery for nearly 3 months. However, I was taken off this to do parcels, over the xmas period (mainly), so I only received £5!! I have no idea if the person covering my round had any tips, they are definitely keeping
!
It does not matter if i have been covering someone's round whilst they are off sick ,three weeks before Christmas i am put onto packets or as this year on nights and someone else normally a newbie is put on the duty and goes very quiet about the tips.
The missus has in the past covered a round that was off sick at Christmas and because we are honest/stupid we visited the chap off sick and gave him his tips which he was grateful for.
Every year since he has not given her a penny even though she covers his round when he goes off sick and his holidays.
Another thing that bugs us is how generous the round holders are to the floaters but they totally ignore the reserves who cover holidays/sick almost if not more days than the floaters.
But hey who wants to go down that avenue?,there lies bitterness and the job is stressful enough as it is.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Christmas Tips
And i will add to that.
One rural i covered a lot in one particular year is the round of a long time round holder, he is very well known by his customers and does all sort of favours for them ,but at the end of one year he asked me if i had taken any of his tips !!.
When ever i do his round now any mail left out to take is ignored and if they come out with a load of mail and money for stamps i refuse to touch it.
Unless they particularly elderly or nice they can do it them selves lazy buggers .
One rural i covered a lot in one particular year is the round of a long time round holder, he is very well known by his customers and does all sort of favours for them ,but at the end of one year he asked me if i had taken any of his tips !!.
When ever i do his round now any mail left out to take is ignored and if they come out with a load of mail and money for stamps i refuse to touch it.
Unless they particularly elderly or nice they can do it them selves lazy buggers .
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
I shared my tips with my day off cover and the holiday reserves, I also gave wine and beer to the lads in the locker, they do a great job for us in the mornings helping us get out on time. Merry Christmas to everyone and here's hoping for a prosperous new year for all.
-
sue
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 19 Sep 2008, 09:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas Tips
It is a bit naughty if the relief covering your regular round doesn't offer you the tips, or at least come to an agreement whereby you share it. Because at the end of the day YOU have done most of the hard labour prior to the last few weeks of xmas. In my opinion the hardest work was before December, what with all the huge brochures and catalogues that need to be lumped around
Least not we forget in the rain
It would be interesting to know how you see it??
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Christmas Tips
What i meant was that i was annoyed at the implication that i had nicked some of his tips.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Christmas Tips
It is not right when some regular get 400 quids tips and floater get a fiver or whatever. It is not fair or right.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Christmas Tips
I don't think anyone should get a tip, afterall we're only doing our job.
I'm thinking of changing my name to Scrooge McDisgruntled
I'm thinking of changing my name to Scrooge McDisgruntled
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Christmas Tips
Right! Who the Hell let Alan Leighton sign up?disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I don't think anyone should get a tip, afterall we're only doing our job.
I'm thinking of changing my name to Scrooge McDisgruntled
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Christmas Tips
I thank yousmokerjim wrote:Right! Who the Hell let Alan Leighton sign up?disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I don't think anyone should get a tip, afterall we're only doing our job.
I'm thinking of changing my name to Scrooge McDisgruntled:lfo
:lfo
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
sue
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 19 Sep 2008, 09:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas Tips
Yes we are only doing 'our' job. Even so the customers will still give out tips (and I certainly do not expect it nor rely on it), but I strongly feel that they should fairly go to the right full owner.disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I don't think anyone should get a tip, afterall we're only doing our job.
I'm thinking of changing my name to Scrooge McDisgruntled
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas Tips
Dear Colleague.
As we are a national company where profits are very important as they now reflect how successful we are as a company. Therefore in line with current national agreements as a result of the widely welcomed and successful Pay and Modernisation Agreement of 2007 I must now insist that all employees holding either a trialist or full contract, irrespective of hours must comply with the aforementioned agreement.
What does this mean for our people. Well part of the Agreement that settled the protracted industrial action of 2007, of which we are still recovering and will be till the next strikes, you were entitled to a 50/50 bonus if your unit came under budget. In line with this agreement all our people must surrender any Christmas annuities given to them by receivers of letters, to their immediate Manager.
All Managers have been instructed that once the monies have been collected and counted then they are to split the amount on a 50/50 basis. 50% will be paid to our people (less tax) within 30 weeks as per the agreement. The remaining 50% will be paid into an offshore account in the Caymen Islands and will form part of the Senior Managements Bonus for the coming year.
May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped increase our bonuses and reduce local budgets by the amazing level of flexibility shown by those who come in early and don't claim overtime, for those that use their cars, and more importantly those that do not take their breaks its is highly appreciated.
A Crozier A Leighton
CEO Royal Mail Chairman
PS - Christmas Temporary and Agency workers will not be included in this scheme as we already included a certain level of annuities when we agreed their wages for the Christmas period.
As we are a national company where profits are very important as they now reflect how successful we are as a company. Therefore in line with current national agreements as a result of the widely welcomed and successful Pay and Modernisation Agreement of 2007 I must now insist that all employees holding either a trialist or full contract, irrespective of hours must comply with the aforementioned agreement.
What does this mean for our people. Well part of the Agreement that settled the protracted industrial action of 2007, of which we are still recovering and will be till the next strikes, you were entitled to a 50/50 bonus if your unit came under budget. In line with this agreement all our people must surrender any Christmas annuities given to them by receivers of letters, to their immediate Manager.
All Managers have been instructed that once the monies have been collected and counted then they are to split the amount on a 50/50 basis. 50% will be paid to our people (less tax) within 30 weeks as per the agreement. The remaining 50% will be paid into an offshore account in the Caymen Islands and will form part of the Senior Managements Bonus for the coming year.
May I take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped increase our bonuses and reduce local budgets by the amazing level of flexibility shown by those who come in early and don't claim overtime, for those that use their cars, and more importantly those that do not take their breaks its is highly appreciated.
A Crozier A Leighton
CEO Royal Mail Chairman
PS - Christmas Temporary and Agency workers will not be included in this scheme as we already included a certain level of annuities when we agreed their wages for the Christmas period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Christmas Tips
Teebs brother, don't give them anymore ideas

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio