ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by borders »

Tman wrote:Same old boring replies, and still so wide of the mark. :roll:

"Never stood in the way of change....." :left: Are you blind?

Seen the dead hand of the CWU on many proposals and plans over the years; everything from plans for a new staff canteen at a certain DO rejected, to proposals for a higher paid "operator" grade in MCs country-wide turned down ("it's unfair on all the other posties who don't work in MCs innit").

A good union to maintain the staus quo, but progressive? Not in my experience.

Still, maybe the CWU will focus on RM issues now, and leave the plight of Bolivian workers, etc to others.... :hmmmm
what a load of tosh, in the MC where i work i have seen at least 5 MC managesr come and go and each one has promised more space , better/ newer machinary , better / new working practices. all they have done in 14 years is add more boxes on the LSMs, we have no Gateman cant afford it, we have a hole in the roof and the rain is caught by some plastic sheeting and we have an air conditioning unit that in the summer doesnt work because it is either broken or they cant afford to switch it on , depending on which manager you ask at the time. the place is a H&S risk because the yard is too small for all the Logistic lorries driving in and out. lack of investment and well, we will have to make do attitude, is as big a problem in my eyes.
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by borders »

BELIAL wrote:
Night Tonic wrote:The report doesn't say we're workshy luddites at all but its right in saying that the CWU has frequently stalled or stood in the way of change that is inevitable. Of all the images the CWU has, that one is somewhere near the top. The CWU's role is an important one but most will recognise that in many areas it operates in the dark ages and like most of us, has grown used to the cottonwool protection of the state.
I was going to say the above comments were a bit strong and that you were merely depressed and suffering from terminal lethargy.
After that one however I hope your dreams come true ,that your pension vanishes up a hedge funds rectum and you spend your dotage performing profitable tasks and rooting in the sludge for your daily sustenance ,ie. no change :chuckle . Bring on dog eat dog,grandad :chuckle :chuckle
nice one !!!!! :Applause :Applause :Applause
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by Night Tonic »

Would make your day I'm sure lads by both my pensions are secure and neither is an RM one.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by Tman »

what a load of tosh, in the MC where i work i have seen at least 5 MC managesr come and go and each one has promised more space , better/ newer machinary , better / new working practices. all they have done in 14 years is add more boxes on the LSMs, we have no Gateman

So because RM haven't invested and renewed, that somehow exonerates the CWU from all blame?
Strange argument.
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by pickaname »

Tman wrote:
what a load of tosh, in the MC where i work i have seen at least 5 MC managesr come and go and each one has promised more space , better/ newer machinary , better / new working practices. all they have done in 14 years is add more boxes on the LSMs, we have no Gateman

So because RM haven't invested and renewed, that somehow exonerates the CWU from all blame?
Strange argument.

Im not surprised RM havent invested any money - the company ran soley on goodwill for ages...now they have to pay a couple of twats millions of pounds a year dont they. I mean, come on!
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by rockytony67 »

Night Tonic wrote:Would make your day I'm sure lads by both my pensions are secure and neither is an RM one.
Mine's a RM pension, but the way things are looking, you and the rest of the country are going to have to guarantee and pay mine :wave
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by dvbuk55 »

rockytony67 wrote:
Night Tonic wrote:Would make your day I'm sure lads by both my pensions are secure and neither is an RM one.
Mine's a RM pension, but the way things are looking, you and the rest of the country are going to have to guarantee and pay mine :wave
Yeah - thanks nighty. :chuckle
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by BELIAL »

Night Tonic wrote:Would make your day I'm sure lads by both my pensions are secure and neither is an RM one.
That explains a lot :chuckle No wonder you lack a bit of enthusiasm when it comes to defending OUR pension rights :no no
Bye
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by Night Tonic »

Everyone can opt-out and the option has been there for years. I just happened to stumble across one before I joined RM and as I won't be working no I won't be contributing back into a pension I didn't pay into in the first place. Given the sheer volume of pensions wiped out over the years, i don't see why everyone else should carry the can on the RM pension either if as some seem to believe, the deficit was due to the pension holiday. How right T-man is. Same old replies.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by DGP1 »

Night Tonic wrote:Everyone can opt-out and the option has been there for years. I just happened to stumble across one before I joined RM and as I won't be working no I won't be contributing back into a pension I didn't pay into in the first place. Given the sheer volume of pensions wiped out over the years, i don't see why everyone else should carry the can on the RM pension either if as some seem to believe, the deficit was due to the pension holiday. How right T-man is. Same old replies.
The pension issue is just to confuse people, the reason that there is such a deficit is the massive fall in stocks and shares in the past year and ,more importantly, RM assumes that everyone currently in the pension will live long enough to take it and to take it for a long time (the accounting practices for the pension fund have been discussed in the forum before).

Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by Night Tonic »

Spot on disgruntled. Many other pensions affected for same reasons and some were wiped out by Brown when he was chancellor. The holiday made no odds because if we'd kept paying in at the level it was it would have been taxed too heavily.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by BELIAL »

Night Tonic wrote:Everyone can opt-out and the option has been there for years. I just happened to stumble across one before I joined RM and as I won't be working no I won't be contributing back into a pension I didn't pay into in the first place. Given the sheer volume of pensions wiped out over the years, i don't see why everyone else should carry the can on the RM pension either if as some seem to believe, the deficit was due to the pension holiday. How right T-man is. Same old replies.
So you don't have an RM pension and you don't think we should fight for our RM pensions (speaking as an outsider of course) :chuckle
Just idle curiosity ,but you know when they send you the annual statements from your various non RM pensions, do you get a detailed breakdown of where your funds are invested? I do hope it's not in any of the private financial giants that us taxpayers have rescued from bankruptcy.
No, don't tell me you opted out and your pension funds have already gone tits up, surely not a case of bitter grapes. That would be so funny :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Bye
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by baldrick »

Night Tonic wrote:Everyone can opt-out and the option has been there for years. I just happened to stumble across one before I joined RM and as I won't be working no I won't be contributing back into a pension I didn't pay into in the first place. Given the sheer volume of pensions wiped out over the years, i don't see why everyone else should carry the can on the RM pension either if as some seem to believe, the deficit was due to the pension holiday. How right T-man is. Same old replies.
Well if your pension is based on stocks and shares, I think you might have to be with us a bit longer - that is
if you aren't reaching 65, rather than 60. If you're going to have to postpone your retirement you might need
to rethink your blind acceptance of RM propaganda.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by Night Tonic »

Where exactly did I say that people shouldn't fight to save their pensions. I never said that and feel free to check. I did say why should the rest of the country pick up the cost, especially when many of them have seen theirs robbed or wiped out completely. You do at least have one. Many of those being asked to pay for yours now no longer do but are expected to pay for yours?
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
kingtubby
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 289
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 14:59
Gender: Male
Location: Porlock, Somerset

Postal workers are overpaid, workshy luddites, says report

Post by kingtubby »

Night Tonic wrote:Many of those being asked to pay for yours now no longer do but are expected to pay for yours?
Yes! - "because we're worth it" :dance