ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Post by DGP1 »

Night Tonic wrote:Any gains count for little if the end result is a sell-off. Even the pay and modenisation agreement has a short lifespan as you know. I still stick by the belief, as do so many of us, that all this strike will do is burn bridges, not effect change.
'I don't think we'll win anything so I won't bother fighting' is what you're saying, so if we don't fight these things with all weapons available to us then what do you think we should do? Instead of constantly telling most of us we're wrong, why don't you give us your opinions on how we fight.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Night Tonic wrote:Any gains count for little if the end result is a sell-off. Even the pay and modenisation agreement has a short lifespan as you know. I still stick by the belief, as do so many of us, that all this strike will do is burn bridges, not effect change.
So your point as I now understand it is that even if we fundamentally disagree with Royal Mails actions and plans we have to accept them because we probably will have new owners at some point in the future. Wars are not won by what might happen but by what actually did happen, so if you believe the changes are wrong stand up and be counted. If you think RM are right in everything they do then again stand up and be counted as well. Don't give up just because you think the cause is not worth it, even if you are in a minority and everyone else thinks you are wrong. Whichever side of the fence you are, being passive and not standing up for your beliefs or rights is a cop out.

Your original point I thought was that strikes don't work but as I pointed out concessions are made either when we threaten a strike, or in fact do strike.

I am sure that when we are sold-out, sorry sold off, then we will gain concessions if we use the best weapon we have in the best way - Numbers.

We showed that when most of us back up a call for action then the system, and yes unfortunately the public, suffers , but then I have not been a battle, real or political where innocents have not suffered, despite the best intentions of those taking part. If they ignore us what else can we do to make them listen except hit them where it hurts.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mogsyboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 11:57

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Post by mogsyboy »

Nighttonic I have listened to your arguments and they do have some merit. However as a very moderate person the feeling I get from the public on my main High street delivery is somewhat different to what you seem to be implying.
Perhaps it is just my area but it seems RM shot themselves in the foot earlier by the suggested speed for delivery staff. O.K they are backtracking now and saying they did not mean it, but a great many of my customers now have a different view of R.M and support the strikes that will hopefully prevent them getting an even worse service.
True it may not achieve everything and I am not in those areas directly threatened with closure, but how long before the effects are felt in every office in the country.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Post by k979aaa »

Night Tonic wrote:Any gains count for little if the end result is a sell-off. Even the pay and modenisation agreement has a short lifespan as you know. I still stick by the belief, as do so many of us, that all this strike will do is burn bridges, not effect change.
I have news for you N/T royalmail blew the bridges up as they retreated as well as blowing up all the post office's and any communication facility's where the surrender monkey's let them!. Even Adolph Hitler would be proud at the slash and burn and rape and pillage that has proceeded our downfall. It is time all of us said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH i myself will never give up for if you give up you will lose not only the battle and the war but self respect of one's self and all. IT IS TIME WE MAKE THE STAND FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION!.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Stoke-on-Trent posties vote for Christmas strike

Post by andy2007 »

Night Tonic wrote:
andy2007 wrote:The fact is, that it's the only effective weapon left in our arsenal.
Its the only weapon but effective no. Its about as effective as standing outside Old St and wagging a finger at the receptionist or writing to Crozier and telling him he's 'naughty'.
Then why is Coventry South Labour MP Jim Cunningham, trying to talk some sense into RM Management?
Do you really think he'd have interfered, if there wasn't the threat of Strike action?
There are also a couple of other MPs getting involved.

Did you even look at the link I posted for you?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!