ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Collective plan lump sum.

Royal Mail pension news and discussion.Please note the advise given in this forum is unofficial, please use the links we have for a more detailed response or see an independent financial adviser.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6700
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Collective plan lump sum.

Post by RobertT »

mr hil. wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2026, 21:04
I've just applied for a CETV for the cash balance and received a reply that I should get a figure in 13 weeks!!, I should have had my annual statement by then so will be able to compare the figures and report back on how much reduction there is for transferring it out early.
I did a bit of messing about with the calculator that used to be on the RMPP website, and that seemed to say it was a reduction of 1.4% per full year when accessing the Cash Balance before 65.

I'll be interested to see if that's anywhere near accurate.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Collective plan lump sum.

Post by pieoftheday »

RobertT wrote: ↑
25 Sep 2026, 08:41
mr hil. wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2026, 21:04
I've just applied for a CETV for the cash balance and received a reply that I should get a figure in 13 weeks!!, I should have had my annual statement by then so will be able to compare the figures and report back on how much reduction there is for transferring it out early.
I did a bit of messing about with the calculator that used to be on the RMPP website, and that seemed to say it was a reduction of 1.4% per full year when accessing the Cash Balance before 65.

I'll be interested to see if that's anywhere near accurate.
I have just applied to claim my collective plan pension, ill let you know what happens
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6700
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Collective plan lump sum.

Post by RobertT »

pieoftheday wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 10:00
RobertT wrote: ↑
25 Sep 2026, 08:41
mr hil. wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2026, 21:04
I've just applied for a CETV for the cash balance and received a reply that I should get a figure in 13 weeks!!, I should have had my annual statement by then so will be able to compare the figures and report back on how much reduction there is for transferring it out early.
I did a bit of messing about with the calculator that used to be on the RMPP website, and that seemed to say it was a reduction of 1.4% per full year when accessing the Cash Balance before 65.

I'll be interested to see if that's anywhere near accurate.
I have just applied to claim my collective plan pension, ill let you know what happens
This thread has gone off topic from the original post and title!

The Cash Balance is part of the RMPP and nothing to do with the Collective plan(RMCPP). :cuppa
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Collective plan lump sum.

Post by pieoftheday »

RobertT wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 11:54
pieoftheday wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 10:00
RobertT wrote: ↑
25 Sep 2026, 08:41
mr hil. wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2026, 21:04
I've just applied for a CETV for the cash balance and received a reply that I should get a figure in 13 weeks!!, I should have had my annual statement by then so will be able to compare the figures and report back on how much reduction there is for transferring it out early.
I did a bit of messing about with the calculator that used to be on the RMPP website, and that seemed to say it was a reduction of 1.4% per full year when accessing the Cash Balance before 65.

I'll be interested to see if that's anywhere near accurate.
I have just applied to claim my collective plan pension, ill let you know what happens
This thread has gone off topic from the original post and title!

The Cash Balance is part of the RMPP and nothing to do with the Collective plan(RMCPP). :cuppa
Conversations do go of topic,it's what people do
Wullie10
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 718
Joined: 30 Jul 2017, 12:07
Gender: Male
Location: Retired

Re: Collective plan lump sum.

Post by Wullie10 »

pieoftheday wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2026, 15:11
RobertT wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 11:54
pieoftheday wrote: ↑
26 Sep 2026, 10:00
RobertT wrote: ↑
25 Sep 2026, 08:41
mr hil. wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2026, 21:04
I've just applied for a CETV for the cash balance and received a reply that I should get a figure in 13 weeks!!, I should have had my annual statement by then so will be able to compare the figures and report back on how much reduction there is for transferring it out early.
I did a bit of messing about with the calculator that used to be on the RMPP website, and that seemed to say it was a reduction of 1.4% per full year when accessing the Cash Balance before 65.

I'll be interested to see if that's anywhere near accurate.
I have just applied to claim my collective plan pension, ill let you know what happens
This thread has gone off topic from the original post and title!

The Cash Balance is part of the RMPP and nothing to do with the Collective plan(RMCPP). :cuppa
Conversations do go of topic,it's what people do
Do they still issue blue shirts ? I have one left in the original wrapper. .... 😆