ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel volume yesterday and today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by twoloops »

I keep seeing all these adverts for the last posting day for Christmas & we will collect your parcels etc. How about an advert saying "Try and answer the f***ing door on the first knock?" that would help loads :evil/mad

https://www.instagram.com/p/DDWqpZHNrq8 ... BiNWFlZA==
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by norris9 »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2024, 20:12
It seems obvious yesterday was the busiest ever for Tracked etc in RM, so how can we still not be making decent profits but we were during COVID, surely the test kits were bringing in an extra £500m+ alone?
Yes, Thursday last week was insane for us.
Last edited by norris9 on 17 Dec 2024, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by Pidleypoo »

norris9 wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2024, 16:41
TopperGas wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2024, 20:12
It seems obvious yesterday was the busiest ever for Tracked etc in RM, so how can we still not be making decent profits but we were during COVID, surely the test kits were bringing in an extra £500m+ alone?
Yes, Thursday last week was insane for us. I had 93 Tracked on my duty. Most I've ever had.
224 I had that day.
WalkerX
Posts: 432
Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by WalkerX »

fadetogrey63 wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2024, 23:32
All I know is I'm sick of seeing 4 sacks of full packet bags by my fitting every morning, fed up of scanning and taking pics at what seems like almost every other house, the time wasted doing all this. I cant see things getting to much better after Xmas as the packets and parcels just seem to be getting more and more no matter what time of year.
I hear you Fade. The time wasted on "Signed For" is a bugbear for me, especially if you have to bring it back the following day, and if the customer is at work, it`ll be the same result, and then again if the customer wants a redelivery, all for something you know is worthless tat. I didn`t see an appreciable drop off in volume in January last year, or the months after that.
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by TopperGas »

WalkerX wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2024, 18:11
fadetogrey63 wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2024, 23:32
All I know is I'm sick of seeing 4 sacks of full packet bags by my fitting every morning, fed up of scanning and taking pics at what seems like almost every other house, the time wasted doing all this. I cant see things getting to much better after Xmas as the packets and parcels just seem to be getting more and more no matter what time of year.
I hear you Fade. The time wasted on "Signed For" is a bugbear for me, especially if you have to bring it back the following day, and if the customer is at work, it`ll be the same result, and then again if the customer wants a redelivery, all for something you know is worthless tat. I didn`t see an appreciable drop off in volume in January last year, or the months after that.
Totally agree, if we're photographing every T24/T48 why is RM still offering Ic/2c signed for, I assume at at a cheaper price, when it takes longer to deliver, as a starter it should priced similar to T24/T48 ro encourage customers not to use it.
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by kazardaimenu »

Are redeliveries part of the USO or just a luxury service?
Londonsburning
Posts: 1018
Joined: 09 Oct 2024, 18:14
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by Londonsburning »

kazardaimenu wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 15:42
Are redeliveries part of the USO or just a luxury service?
Probably not but it's a joke that the USO covers DELIVERY OF LETTERS SIX DAYS A WEEK when I'm walking into an office bursting with frames jammed full with trays underneath of letters, some probably entered the system 2/3 weeks ago at this point
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by SpacePhoenix »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 13:12
WalkerX wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2024, 18:11
fadetogrey63 wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2024, 23:32
All I know is I'm sick of seeing 4 sacks of full packet bags by my fitting every morning, fed up of scanning and taking pics at what seems like almost every other house, the time wasted doing all this. I cant see things getting to much better after Xmas as the packets and parcels just seem to be getting more and more no matter what time of year.
I hear you Fade. The time wasted on "Signed For" is a bugbear for me, especially if you have to bring it back the following day, and if the customer is at work, it`ll be the same result, and then again if the customer wants a redelivery, all for something you know is worthless tat. I didn`t see an appreciable drop off in volume in January last year, or the months after that.
Totally agree, if we're photographing every T24/T48 why is RM still offering Ic/2c signed for, I assume at at a cheaper price, when it takes longer to deliver, as a starter it should priced similar to T24/T48 ro encourage customers not to use it.
I don't think PO branches do Tracked yet
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by Deadly »

Some definitely do although I'm not sure if it's countrywide yet.
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by TopperGas »

Deadly wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 19:39
Some definitely do although I'm not sure if it's countrywide yet.
I thought they all offered it now?
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by sindba »

kazardaimenu wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 15:42
Are redeliveries part of the USO or just a luxury service?
Deliveries are a luxury in our office full stop.
Barnacle
Posts: 2948
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by Barnacle »

TopperGas wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 19:45
Deadly wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 19:39
Some definitely do although I'm not sure if it's countrywide yet.
I thought they all offered it now?
Yes they all do, the little crappy Tracked label that you can easily miss is the PO version.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by ted_e_bear »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 19:36
TopperGas wrote: ↑
10 Dec 2024, 13:12
WalkerX wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2024, 18:11
fadetogrey63 wrote: ↑
08 Dec 2024, 23:32
All I know is I'm sick of seeing 4 sacks of full packet bags by my fitting every morning, fed up of scanning and taking pics at what seems like almost every other house, the time wasted doing all this. I cant see things getting to much better after Xmas as the packets and parcels just seem to be getting more and more no matter what time of year.
I hear you Fade. The time wasted on "Signed For" is a bugbear for me, especially if you have to bring it back the following day, and if the customer is at work, it`ll be the same result, and then again if the customer wants a redelivery, all for something you know is worthless tat. I didn`t see an appreciable drop off in volume in January last year, or the months after that.
Totally agree, if we're photographing every T24/T48 why is RM still offering Ic/2c signed for, I assume at at a cheaper price, when it takes longer to deliver, as a starter it should priced similar to T24/T48 ro encourage customers not to use it.
I don't think PO branches do Tracked yet
They have for a few months now, it's actually over a £1 less than the equivalent 1st/2nd class signature price for example a small parcel up to 2kg
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by norris9 »

Get rid of Signed For and Tracked Signed For, replace with straight Tracked. Save time. Save money.

Also, enforce a fit for purpose letterbox rule. These A5 letterboxes are ridiculous. Have to knock to deliver Christmas Cards and if they are not in I have to knock the following day too.


and why is it always the people with these tiny postboxes that seem to be the ones that decide to then cover it with a bloody Christmas Wreath!!!
Last edited by norris9 on 17 Dec 2024, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
BenacreNick
Posts: 1191
Joined: 18 Jul 2022, 13:27
Gender: Male

Re: Parcel volume yesterday and today

Post by BenacreNick »

What about those horrible garish Christmas bows :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh