ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New contracts xmas pay date
-
Peabrain22
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2023, 06:55
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
So we have just commenced a fresh month in the monthly pay world..which is from Monday 18th November. Add on your 4 weeks then you have a cutoff date of Sunday the 15th of december.. where does this leave the month and a half gap in january??
-
Peabrain22
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2023, 06:55
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
So we have just started a fresh month in the monthly pay world commencing on Monday the 18th November.. so in 4 weeks the cut off is Sunday the 15th of December.. so anybody on the new contract has to wait 6 weeks in January for the January pay.is this correct or what way does everyone else see this panning out??
-
shane32
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 25 Sep 2023, 08:29
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
Just to add to that, royal mail is also recruiting Xmas staff and offering alot more money an hour than current workers, old and new contracts but can't seem to even have new contracts on the same money as the old ones? Where is the equality? New contracts stuck on 20 hours and can't offer any more but can take Xmas staff on and pay them a pretty penny?
-
Peabrain22
- Posts: 115
- Joined: 08 Oct 2023, 06:55
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
That's true.. royal mail would need to watch what there doing with anyone coming in on a new contract.. what incentive has one got ..no paid breaks no delivery supplement call it what you like it's still something that the weekly paid get paid.. it must be costing royal mail an absolute fortune in the recruitment side of things because no one has any incentive working at minimum wage or 10% above it in 2024 in the middle of a cost of living crisis.. no performance based bonus on parcels or successful deleveries.. yet my manger tells me to log into my doorstep on a weekly basis for what reason I don't know..anybody can tell me what they think but the reality is the incentive isn't there.. and when you love your job as much as I do you are in a difficult position as a new employee..
-
sjscfc84
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Oct 2024, 06:31
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
shane32 wrote: ↑19 Nov 2024, 18:10Just to add to that, royal mail is also recruiting Xmas staff and offering alot more money an hour than current workers, old and new contracts but can't seem to even have new contracts on the same money as the old ones? Where is the equality? New contracts stuck on 20 hours and can't offer any more but can take Xmas staff on and pay them a pretty penny?
I’m on the new contract, 30 hours, I’ve been asking for overtime to bump my awful pay up for ages but no joy. It’s my week off next week and was hoping to work it but my manager said he’s fully staffed now because of the Xmas temps starting this week. I’ve put my name down for work in the sorting office for next week but I’m not banking on it. You’d think they would prioritise employees over temps wouldn’t you.
I can’t wait to get out of this company.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
Very Sad having to listen to these kinds of REAL problems, you have my sympathy guys. I'm lucky I'm not in that akward situation.
In my opinion this job is dead. I recommend anyone with 20 years of working life left to find something else to do, this job is NOT going to get any better IMO. The ammount of New Starters leaving after short periods is self evident. You wonder if RM is even interested in keeping staff the way they intially discriminate against them with CRAP T&Cs and then demotivate them with some of the things mentioned here.
We all know that feeling of trying to get a job and not really looking at the small print but RM take the piss! I trained a guy up who left after two days on his own. He told me, ''I can make this ammount of money stacking shelves in a supermarket. What you (RM) expect me to do for these crap wages is just too much'' I'm sure most of us felt the same way as they continually added stuff like Tracked Parcels, PDA Notifications, Trimble Data, Doorstep Apps, Scanning Post Boxes & Post Offices on Delivery, Customer Collects, Vehicle Checks, SISO ... etc. The List keeps getting added to .... and to think most of took the job because it was a simple stress free job where we could finish early and knock off for a bit of quality time!
In my opinion this job is dead. I recommend anyone with 20 years of working life left to find something else to do, this job is NOT going to get any better IMO. The ammount of New Starters leaving after short periods is self evident. You wonder if RM is even interested in keeping staff the way they intially discriminate against them with CRAP T&Cs and then demotivate them with some of the things mentioned here.
We all know that feeling of trying to get a job and not really looking at the small print but RM take the piss! I trained a guy up who left after two days on his own. He told me, ''I can make this ammount of money stacking shelves in a supermarket. What you (RM) expect me to do for these crap wages is just too much'' I'm sure most of us felt the same way as they continually added stuff like Tracked Parcels, PDA Notifications, Trimble Data, Doorstep Apps, Scanning Post Boxes & Post Offices on Delivery, Customer Collects, Vehicle Checks, SISO ... etc. The List keeps getting added to .... and to think most of took the job because it was a simple stress free job where we could finish early and knock off for a bit of quality time!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
fadetogrey63
- Posts: 294
- Joined: 24 Aug 2024, 07:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
I'm sure most of us felt the same way as they continually added stuff like Tracked Parcels, PDA Notifications, Trimble Data, Doorstep Apps, Scanning Post Boxes & Post Offices on Delivery, Customer Collects, Vehicle Checks, SISO ... etc. The List keeps getting added to .... and to think most of took the job because it was a simple stress free job where we could finish early and knock off for a bit of quality time! 
[/quote]
This exactly, I came back to Royal Mail after 12 years away, yes I knew about the wage difference but didn't know all the crap new changes, the job is totally unrecognisable now, so much more is expected, way to much in fact, and the free parcel collects is a joke, I had 3 collections other day, all was just 2nd class Xmas cards, really peed me off, I said he could of posted them, but he just said it's more convenient for us to collect, there really should be a charge.
[/quote]
This exactly, I came back to Royal Mail after 12 years away, yes I knew about the wage difference but didn't know all the crap new changes, the job is totally unrecognisable now, so much more is expected, way to much in fact, and the free parcel collects is a joke, I had 3 collections other day, all was just 2nd class Xmas cards, really peed me off, I said he could of posted them, but he just said it's more convenient for us to collect, there really should be a charge.
-
Basil9947
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Nov 2023, 14:23
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
Dude we new contract holders should be united and form a Union. Because the old contracts are already united and they won't support us. I am telling from my experience. Even the Union as of now always supporting old contract. I had a discussion with HR regarding xmas pay. They said that the manager had an option but those guys didn't informed us. Now our xmas is fully spoiled due to the financial crisis...
-
Jantyc0611
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 09 Jan 2023, 18:41
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
You are a tool
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
All these people moaning about the new, dog s**t contracts did you not know what you were signing up for? Did you not read the contract before you signed it? Or did most the people just blindly sign up to work the dog s**t contracts? Can someone explain?
-
eviljack
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 05 Oct 2021, 12:46
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
Well even if they'd read it, they could have reasonably assumed that their fellow employees were all on the same contract. You know, seeing as they are doing the exact same job.
-
OikOik
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 31 Aug 2024, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
The job market is not in a great place right now as well. If it was in a good place, I imagine people wouldn't stay. When it does pick up, which will probably be in April as many places new financial year starts then I expect to see many people on the new contracts leave. Also I think some new contracts expect to see uplift of this contract to something near the legacy contracts, when this doesn't materialise people will be pissed off and quit.
-
menditsa
- Posts: 389
- Joined: 22 Jun 2024, 08:06
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
For those that did read and notice that the job advertised "Dedicated Parcel Driver 8am - 2pm" had turned into "Postperson With Driving 6am - 10pm" never got any replies to emails and were verbally told not to worry about it.
My contract also states my continuous employment date as 5 years earlier than when I started.
Having had to sit thro the Teams intro meeting to RM most who had never worked at RM before were given the impression you walk around with a handful of letters all day chatting to everyone
-
Amiga500
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 05 Jun 2024, 19:55
- Gender: Male
-
Charlestonuk
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Dec 2024, 18:28
- Gender: Male
Re: New contracts xmas pay date
So usually with Monzo we get paid a day early with the Monzo app. Has anyone with Monzo seen the 24th December pay come in yet?
I’m slightly worried that it’s not going to arrive on the 24th (tomorrow).
I’m slightly worried that it’s not going to arrive on the 24th (tomorrow).