ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
There's a reason why SISO hasn't been linked to pay yet, it won't work in RM's favour at delivery offices
-
fadetogrey63
- Posts: 294
- Joined: 24 Aug 2024, 07:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
When I suggested he keeps a note of Daily OT he said he uses his phone (good idea). I also discovered although the OT is paid MONTHLY you can check it on a weekly basis to ensure it's been recorded accurately.
Interesting, I'm on monthly and I do at lest 90 mins overtime most days on oversize, I have no idea how to check it weekly, I've looked on the app, but can't see overtime mentioned anywhere..
Interesting, I'm on monthly and I do at lest 90 mins overtime most days on oversize, I have no idea how to check it weekly, I've looked on the app, but can't see overtime mentioned anywhere..
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
We TPM the machines at the end of the shift so we need to allow about half an hour, we also have to dispatch the work. It takes around half an hour ish to walk sort all the batches. Managers want us sorting mail in other sections till quite late, on days when we've not been blown out on the CSS. We get the odd day when loads of the DTS gets released, so makes the batches take longer to run. tbqf once the 2C has been extracted from the inward, some nights we get batches which aren't really worth running. Think it's only a matter of time before wave 2 either gets sent as manual or rolled over to the next day.Londonsburning wrote: ↑15 Nov 2024, 15:38You had cuts to staffing or is it just a case of "f**k it next level below is cancelled deal with it" pick oneSpacePhoenix wrote: ↑15 Nov 2024, 07:12Probably the CSS is running over and has missed the wave 1 dispatch. Is the tiny bundle of sequenced and the rest wave 1 or wave 2? Wave 2 is meant to be walk sort only.
Some mech misses the cut-off point to be sorted on the iLSMs/IMPs to batch level and so just gets sorted to office level only
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
I'm afraid the Mighty Apps don't do EVERTHING for you. The idea is that you ask your Manager to access the data and actually talk to you to say how many hours he's booked for you. At this point you refer to your notes and say' ''You're having a laught ... I'm 5 hours short ... if it's not corrected I won't be doing ANY future overtime''fadetogrey63 wrote: ↑17 Nov 2024, 15:40
Interesting, I'm on monthly and I do at lest 90 mins overtime most days on oversize, I have no idea how to check it weekly, I've looked on the app, but can't see overtime mentioned anywhere..
At least you won't have to wait until the end of the month when it'll inevitably be ''Too late to anything about it now I'm afraid ...''
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Pay linked with SISO, okay, but what about when I am on overtime? I book the 20 minutes OT on the 552 currently but I would have to sit in the yard for 20 minutes scan out tine reflected the break, when all I wanna do is go home.
-
Thegrinch
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 10 Dec 2020, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Boss today told our Work Place Coach he will have to start Coaching People and then Conducting People as a few are still Scanning in before 5 Minutes before Duty Start time.
Can they even do this?
Not like its a national agreed procedure, we asked Area Union rep who just shrugged his shoulder


Seems harsh as some drop partners off at work and then get in 10 or 15 min early. .If they scan in they get Bollocked, get distracted and 1 min Late, bollocked.
Can they even do this?
Not like its a national agreed procedure, we asked Area Union rep who just shrugged his shoulder
Seems harsh as some drop partners off at work and then get in 10 or 15 min early. .If they scan in they get Bollocked, get distracted and 1 min Late, bollocked.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Called it.Zicomurphy wrote: ↑13 Nov 2024, 07:16I vaguely remember them saying that after these next five weeks everything will be balanced out and we will all have worked the correct amount of hours.BenacreNick wrote: ↑12 Nov 2024, 19:10Not really, we are having a vote to decide the new seasonal start/finish times.
I just hope someone somewhere is logging all of these variations and knows where we are up to in terms of working the correct hours over 1 financial year.
Can anyone honestly say they know where they are up to.
Wasn't there a guy on here about 3 months ago who claimed we were way out ?
If they persevere with it next year I reckon it might be a lot simpler. 5 shorter weeks in August and 5 longer weeks in the lead up to Christmas. I don’t think the workload at any other time of the year varies enough to justify shorter or longer weeks.
They’ve just announced next year it will just be 5 shorter weeks in summer and 5 longer weeks during Xmas pressure.
Most of us could have told them to start with that was the only times it made any sense.
-
HattonNeil
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
I work 30 hours a week and that equates to an extra 10 minutes a day in peak hours. What can you even do in the extra 10 minutes honestly. I could do a few parcels but you can't do a loop.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Well times a few extra parcels by 90’000 posties or whatever it is.HattonNeil wrote: ↑20 Dec 2024, 17:30I work 30 hours a week and that equates to an extra 10 minutes a day in peak hours. What can you even do in the extra 10 minutes honestly. I could do a few parcels but you can't do a loop.
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
When do the hours changed back again? It's soon I think, can't remember the date, DOM has not said anything, all too busy.
-
Ringer21
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Change back on Monday
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
You've got to laugh... Half my Office turned up at the OLD time ...Early...this morning.
Once we discovered the timings had changed (stupid bloody day to do it if you ask me) queried the Boss about it and he said he wasn't going to pay it out as overtime. The timings had been on the notice board for 3 weks so everyone should have known ... along with all the predicted traffic figures, office league tables and the rest of the crap that no-one EVER bothers looking at!
You could have told everyone during a huddle, like when you want to BS us about the Advent Calendar of Crap or checking the Doorstep APP?
We the Willing, Led by The Unknowing, do The Impossible for The Ungrateful ... We have for so long, done so much, with so little We are now Qualified to do Absolutely Anything with Fcuk All! Merry Christmas Christmas everyone!
Once we discovered the timings had changed (stupid bloody day to do it if you ask me) queried the Boss about it and he said he wasn't going to pay it out as overtime. The timings had been on the notice board for 3 weks so everyone should have known ... along with all the predicted traffic figures, office league tables and the rest of the crap that no-one EVER bothers looking at!
You could have told everyone during a huddle, like when you want to BS us about the Advent Calendar of Crap or checking the Doorstep APP?
We the Willing, Led by The Unknowing, do The Impossible for The Ungrateful ... We have for so long, done so much, with so little We are now Qualified to do Absolutely Anything with Fcuk All! Merry Christmas Christmas everyone!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
thefox
- Posts: 1196
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
He's got a point to be fair everyone should know when the times change back it's not rocket science just put it in your phone or something.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑23 Dec 2024, 18:00You've got to laugh... Half my Office turned up at the OLD time ...Early...this morning.![]()
Once we discovered the timings had changed (stupid bloody day to do it if you ask me) queried the Boss about it and he said he wasn't going to pay it out as overtime. The timings had been on the notice board for 3 weks so everyone should have known ... along with all the predicted traffic figures, office league tables and the rest of the crap that no-one EVER bothers looking at!
You could have told everyone during a huddle, like when you want to BS us about the Advent Calendar of Crap or checking the Doorstep APP?![]()
We the Willing, Led by The Unknowing, do The Impossible for The Ungrateful ... We have for so long, done so much, with so little We are now Qualified to do Absolutely Anything with Fcuk All! Merry Christmas Christmas everyone!![]()
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Seasonal hours change 18th Nov
Fair Point although we are a little bit busy for some reason, and everyone's running around like headless chickens TRYING to '' Deliver Christmas'' 
For 50K a year I don't think it's too much to ask to drag your Fat Arse out the Office and mention it during the 5 min Brief that All managers were meant to be having EVERY day to keep their ''TEAM'' updated on any developments!
For 50K a year I don't think it's too much to ask to drag your Fat Arse out the Office and mention it during the 5 min Brief that All managers were meant to be having EVERY day to keep their ''TEAM'' updated on any developments!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)