ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Holidays

Post by Barnacle »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 17:54
Barnacle wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 17:41
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 17:36
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 06:16
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 21:40
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 19:49
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 19:04
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 06:07
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 05:20
ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 21:04
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 20:14
Our office doesn’t like the app either. We have to fill out a form and do it the old-fashioned way.
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 19:35
We have to send a paper form up to our resource unit. They don't accept any applications made via the app
Our Dom also ignores it, that should be unacceptable, the provision to request leave on the app should be enforced.
I agree completely. Is it something to do with the union though? (Our union rep and his appointee deal with keying in the hol forms, getting time away from their walk and indoor duties respectively to process them, and I wonder if a stink has previously been kicked up…)
This comment 100% confirms you are a troll. :thumbup
How so, chum? Do elaborate :thumbup
I did elaborate. You just chose not to quote that part. Though now I see my mistake. Reading comprehension perhaps isnt a strong suit for you. I thought I made it fairly clear that I believe you to be a troll because you somehow find a way to lay blame at the unions feet in all matters.
I think you are just here as an agitator.

I thought saying "I suppose Russia's invasion of Ukraine was somehow the CWU's doing as well?" made that fairly clear.


Not to bother though. All cleared up now.
I’m not entirely sure why what she said was that controversial. Our union rep is in charge of sorting annual leave and planning rotas and assigning duties. I assumed this was commonplace?
Its the content of what they say all the time. Like another poster says, like day follows night there they are bashing the union. It could be pissing down with rain and I reckon that would somehow be the unions fault. Its can't have gone unnoticed by yourself? They come across as very bitter. Something very off with their account.
I don’t know what type of creature you are, Ren, but I am a woman and my pronoun is “she”, not “they”. It is really beginning to piss me off now, please stop.
You’re berating someone for using ‘they’ which is common parlance and completely inoffensive?

Someone call the police. The pronoun police. Sure THEY will be interested.
Not berating it (Ren) for innocuously using a gender-neutral pronoun on the basis of one post, but “it” has previously made its quite personal views about me clear.

As for you, Barnacle, if you really are a woman, ie born female rather than transitioned from a bloke, I would expect some girl solidarity instead of stupid comments re calling the police. Yeah, right!
Now that really is offensive. But that was your intention wasn’t it.

I see you.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Holidays

Post by korky »

Barnacle wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 21:02
postslippete wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 20:12
COM to postie: Can you work your day off next Wednesday....yep, no problem

postie to COM: Can I have the day off next Thursday.....*Silence*
Sadly true.
this weeks text
"we'll be fetching a loop back"
reply
"can you work your day off next week" :left:
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 17:36
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
06 Apr 2024, 06:16
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 21:40
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 19:49
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 19:04
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 06:07
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
05 Apr 2024, 05:20
ted_e_bear wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 21:04
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 20:14
Our office doesn’t like the app either. We have to fill out a form and do it the old-fashioned way.
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 19:35
We have to send a paper form up to our resource unit. They don't accept any applications made via the app
Our Dom also ignores it, that should be unacceptable, the provision to request leave on the app should be enforced.
I agree completely. Is it something to do with the union though? (Our union rep and his appointee deal with keying in the hol forms, getting time away from their walk and indoor duties respectively to process them, and I wonder if a stink has previously been kicked up…)
This comment 100% confirms you are a troll. :thumbup
How so, chum? Do elaborate :thumbup
I did elaborate. You just chose not to quote that part. Though now I see my mistake. Reading comprehension perhaps isnt a strong suit for you. I thought I made it fairly clear that I believe you to be a troll because you somehow find a way to lay blame at the unions feet in all matters.
I think you are just here as an agitator.

I thought saying "I suppose Russia's invasion of Ukraine was somehow the CWU's doing as well?" made that fairly clear.


Not to bother though. All cleared up now.
I’m not entirely sure why what she said was that controversial. Our union rep is in charge of sorting annual leave and planning rotas and assigning duties. I assumed this was commonplace?
Its the content of what they say all the time. Like another poster says, like day follows night there they are bashing the union. It could be pissing down with rain and I reckon that would somehow be the unions fault. Its can't have gone unnoticed by yourself? They come across as very bitter. Something very off with their account.
I don’t know what type of creature you are, Ren, but I am a woman and my pronoun is “she”, not “they”. It is really beginning to piss me off now, please stop.
:cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72744
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

This is getting stupid. Stop taking threads off-topic because of a personal vendetta.

Both sides are guilty and if it continues we will ban members if they can't stop behaving like children.

It's not fair to other members who pose questions or ask for advice and then a minority of others take the thread off topic and drown it out with personal comments and private issues.

If you can't disagree with other people without becoming personal and petty then I suggest RoyalMailChat is not the place for you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.