ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sean06
Posts: 2483
Joined: 20 Nov 2023, 16:50
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by Sean06 »

rogersh wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 16:02
I noticed the hours I booked for annual leave in May 2024 have been taken from my purchased leave, which is normal. My point is that the hour I carried over is still available.

I am wondering for those who have carried over up to 5 days & booking these A/L hours to use up before August.
My example shows that the leave you book is not automatically the carry over leave.
Is carry over leave not supposed to be used up first.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by rogersh »

Sean06 wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 18:56
rogersh wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 16:02
I noticed the hours I booked for annual leave in May 2024 have been taken from my purchased leave, which is normal. My point is that the hour I carried over is still available.

I am wondering for those who have carried over up to 5 days & booking these A/L hours to use up before August.
My example shows that the leave you book is not automatically the carry over leave.
Is carry over leave not supposed to be used up first.
That is exactly my point. I think anyone booking leave would assume it would be used first. I would be interested to know if anyone has booked leave for the coming year & has had the same experience of carried over leave still being available on the App as opposed to being deducted first.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by CarryingMGMT »

rogersh wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 19:43
Sean06 wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 18:56
rogersh wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 16:02
I noticed the hours I booked for annual leave in May 2024 have been taken from my purchased leave, which is normal. My point is that the hour I carried over is still available.

I am wondering for those who have carried over up to 5 days & booking these A/L hours to use up before August.
My example shows that the leave you book is not automatically the carry over leave.
Is carry over leave not supposed to be used up first.
That is exactly my point. I think anyone booking leave would assume it would be used first. I would be interested to know if anyone has booked leave for the coming year & has had the same experience of carried over leave still being available on the App as opposed to being deducted first.
I'm pretty sure it is down to whoever is inputting it manually to the PSP.
qwerty2
Posts: 2119
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by qwerty2 »

The hours are back on the app
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by Dexydog »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 15:23
Dexydog wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 13:19
Yes, it's now on the app and carried forward.
BUT- note the date; clearly says to 31st August so use by then or lose them.
So the days taken by then or booked in by then?
Who knows??
What if you want to carry a week for next year?
I suppose in that instance you might be expected to take last year's before 31st August.
Clear as mud as usual.
I will be using mine before August or no doubt they'll disappear and you lose them altogether- legal?, doubtful, bit I wouldn't give them the chance.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: Holidays

Post by mjd24 »

How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Holidays

Post by Barnacle »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
If I were you I’d book it now and stress that you need a definite booking. Otherwise some nobby manager will say wait until closer to the time, then when it’s closer they’ll say you can’t have it because there are too many off.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
SMS1969
Posts: 1022
Joined: 28 Jun 2021, 11:36
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by SMS1969 »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
I booked for March 2025 in October, so you should be able to do it.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by CarryingMGMT »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
What do you mean by "Our office dont allow us to book *holidays via the app?"

Half the point of the app is for booking holidays without using up precious minutes at the DO in the morning.

Your managers are pulling a fast one
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Holidays

Post by korky »

mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
i recently requested a day off on the app, never got looked at, got closer to the time and a guy submitted one for the same day and got granted,
i kicked off after they said they don't use the app now but he gave it me anyway even though the slot was full to save the grief,
otherwise i'd have rung HR up and tell them they refuse to use the tech that's available for most to use, it's like us saying i demand a paper wage slip every week now because your manager has said the app isn't working, it's a legal requirement to receive it digital or postal, even if it means spending 10/15 mins a week logging in on their computer to get a print off, in their time of course :left:
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Holidays

Post by Barnacle »

korky wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 18:25
mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
i recently requested a day off on the app, never got looked at, got closer to the time and a guy submitted one for the same day and got granted,
i kicked off after they said they don't use the app now but he gave it me anyway even though the slot was full to save the grief,
otherwise i'd have rung HR up and tell them they refuse to use the tech that's available for most to use, it's like us saying i demand a paper wage slip every week now because your manager has said the app isn't working, it's a legal requirement to receive it digital or postal, even if it means spending 10/15 mins a week logging in on their computer to get a print off, in their time of course :left:
Also if you submit the request via the app, there is then a digital record of your request. A manager can’t claim you didn’t ask them or whatever.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by SpacePhoenix »

We have to send a paper form up to our resource unit. They don't accept any applications made via the app
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Holidays

Post by Smoothbackground »

Our office doesn’t like the app either. We have to fill out a form and do it the old-fashioned way.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Holidays

Post by ted_e_bear »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 20:14
Our office doesn’t like the app either. We have to fill out a form and do it the old-fashioned way.
SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 19:35
We have to send a paper form up to our resource unit. They don't accept any applications made via the app
Our Dom also ignores it, that should be unacceptable, the provision to request leave on the app should be enforced.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: Holidays

Post by mjd24 »

CarryingMGMT wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 18:10
mjd24 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2024, 12:13
How far in advance can we book days off?

Might not be the same in all offices?

I need to book 3 days off in February 2025 and just wondering if its too early to do so now?

Our office dont allow us to book via the app by the way.
What do you mean by "Our office dont allow us to book *holidays via the app?"

Half the point of the app is for booking holidays without using up precious minutes at the DO in the morning.

Your managers are pulling a fast one
If you look back at my posts on here there was a time i was rather angry about it, but ive let it go now.

It is clearly either laziness or some other reason why they dont want us to use the app, but its easier to not let it bother me.