ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gross Misconduct

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
R5001
Posts: 308
Joined: 13 Jan 2022, 19:19
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by R5001 »

Theres also marked as received, if they can't do a signature, put MAR after the name and just get them to touch the screen. If they can't do that, then DWS.
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by Foxel »

95% of posties I've worked with sign and post/ leave (in a safe-ish place) specials. Managers don't care, unless someone complains. Even in the customer is I sign for them and take a photo of their feet. Half for evidence and half fetish. It is a hard place to get sacked from at the moment, they just cant get the staff.
I'm turning purple!
SillyBilly
Posts: 47
Joined: 17 Jan 2019, 16:47
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by SillyBilly »

MontyTodd wrote: ↑
28 Mar 2024, 12:15
Yes, its a Sackable offense.

If you're on an older (better paid) contract, then they will probably sack your Ass.

It's pants down time my friend.
Your jobes comforter ff6
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by Seymour Buts »

frankieboy wrote: ↑
28 Mar 2024, 06:03
Asking for a friend who stupidly signed for a special themselves and posted it. The customer has now complained that they haven't received it. Would this be seen as gross misconduct and a sackable offence?
In my experience, depends on who it is. I think one guy went for it at our place, but he had loads of other issues. He was a repeat offender for doing such things, his attendance record was appalling, and was generally a tool so it was the straw that bloke the camels back in the end. If this person hasn't got form for it, it'll be a slap I'd imagine and don't do it again.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by Seymour Buts »

On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by LouBarlow »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
TopperGas
Posts: 3523
Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by TopperGas »

Relying on Ring doorbells is pointless as you've zero proof you have ever spoken to the customer if they submit a DOR.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by CarryingMGMT »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 17:56
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
So what is it on your walk then? 'hiding' stuff in a 'safe place' or never signing for stuff that goes through the letter box?

Pick one
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by Smoothbackground »

CarryingMGMT wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 18:43
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 17:56
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
So what is it on your walk then? 'hiding' stuff in a 'safe place' or never signing for stuff that goes through the letter box?

Pick one
Did you leave the business through gross misconduct, CarryingMgt? In plain language, were you given the old tin tack? Is this a sore subject for you?
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by CarryingMGMT »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 20:50
CarryingMGMT wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 18:43
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 17:56
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
So what is it on your walk then? 'hiding' stuff in a 'safe place' or never signing for stuff that goes through the letter box?

Pick one
Did you leave the business through gross misconduct, CarryingMgt? In plain language, were you given the old tin tack? Is this a sore subject for you?
Honestly? In one word? No :wave
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by Seymour Buts »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 17:56
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
There's an element of risk, obviously. But equally we do provide a service to the public and nobody likes a jobsworth. I signed for a parcel the other day because the woman was out walking her dog, which she does around the same time everyday. I know who she is. Seems petty to me to form her or have her walk back when I just put it in the porch and she picked it up 5 minutes later. I'll just keep doing it til somebody complains, and I've never had a denial of recept in 10 years so ain't gonna get sacked for one going missing.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by LouBarlow »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 21:23
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 17:56
Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 15:13
On another note, just don't do it. I sign for certain things. There was a old dear that clearly would've struggled to sign today, so I just did it for her. And if there's a ring doorbell bell and they say sign I will, but never with specials. Some of them are currency. Most people are never gonna complain about most things as they're just happy to have it, but doubling your holiday spends coz some idiot has signed themselves would be tempting to many.
I don’t know why you would sign for anything. I realise it is quicker to do it especially if it goes through the box, but in my experience, even your best customer, will be the first to complain if something goes missing or they claim it never arrived. Even over a RING doorbell we have been told to refuse it. We are even being made to scan parcels right next to front doors, to help reduce complaints about non-delivery.
There's an element of risk, obviously. But equally we do provide a service to the public and nobody likes a jobsworth. I signed for a parcel the other day because the woman was out walking her dog, which she does around the same time everyday. I know who she is. Seems petty to me to form her or have her walk back when I just put it in the porch and she picked it up 5 minutes later. I'll just keep doing it til somebody complains, and I've never had a denial of recept in 10 years so ain't gonna get sacked for one going missing.
Same for me and leaving in safe places for non signed for items. I was doing the same as you until we had people being conduct coded for doing it. You won’t get sacked but why have a ding on your record for doing it?

As has been pointed out, the person sending it has paid for the service. It is pretty much fraud to sign for an item in that circumstance.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Gross Misconduct

Post by CarryingMGMT »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 20:50
In plain language, were you given the old tin tack?
Yes, I got the bronze coloured tin tack after 10 years service along with a slab of plastic, went straight in the bucket next to the frame. Unfortunately never received my silver coloured tin tack after being flogged for the next ten years though, shame that :left: