ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal mail pushing parcel collect
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
A customer came looking for me once to hand me their parcel for collection, they panicked when I didn't knock when delivering the mail...but I would have gone back to their house later to collect the parcel....
anyhow, he was frustrated with me (no idea why)....and went on to say 'this is supposed to be collected by 3pm today'...it was 12.10pm....so I was like 'so why are you upset....I still had almost another 3 hours to collect this.....
point being, I believe the current collection window is pretty huge, so you are unlikely to pick parcels up late.
anyhow, he was frustrated with me (no idea why)....and went on to say 'this is supposed to be collected by 3pm today'...it was 12.10pm....so I was like 'so why are you upset....I still had almost another 3 hours to collect this.....
point being, I believe the current collection window is pretty huge, so you are unlikely to pick parcels up late.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
I feel like they need to figure out the logistics for making the collection window narrower for this to be really successful, and given they haven’t even managed to do so for deliveries of tracked items yet, I’m not optimistic. Nobody is staying in all day, waiting for the postie, to save a few pennies.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4112
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
I think they're trying as far as the trackeds are concerned, just need to get rid of those pesky items of mail....LouBarlow wrote: ↑24 Mar 2024, 09:51I feel like they need to figure out the logistics for making the collection window narrower for this to be really successful, and given they haven’t even managed to do so for deliveries of tracked items yet, I’m not optimistic. Nobody is staying in all day, waiting for the postie, to save a few pennies.
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
‘Nobody is staying in all day waiting for a postie, just to save a few pennies.’
Businesses operating from homes are doing exactly that.
Businesses operating from homes are doing exactly that.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
I'm sure this has been asked before but are businesses supposed to use this service?
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
Businesses are supposed to use the paid for service but I think most of us have at least one homeworker on their walk who regularly has monumental amounts for collection.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
qwerty2
- Posts: 2119
- Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
Always been told there’s no time limit on collecting parcelsclaretandblue wrote: ↑24 Mar 2024, 07:48Customers are already given a slot based on PDA times, we aren't told the times though.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
Ive had customers say "you're early/late"qwerty2 wrote: ↑24 Mar 2024, 11:40Always been told there’s no time limit on collecting parcelsclaretandblue wrote: ↑24 Mar 2024, 07:48Customers are already given a slot based on PDA times, we aren't told the times though.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
It’s all fine and dandy pushing all these new “ innovation “ services ,yet they haven’t / can’t get / keep the staff to fulfill their core obligation to deliver letters,if they can’t be trusted to do that why would you trust them to collect your parcels.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
Obviously never happens if you don’t know about it.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
Valentina@1
- Posts: 852
- Joined: 13 Apr 2023, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel collect
And you do? Why would any business choose to pay the more expensive option when it comes to postage?
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel colle
We have a few small/home businesses in our DO area taking advantage of the free collections and sending maybe five or six packages a time, albeit with the sender’s name rather than a business name, so you do get smaller businesses using it. You can even have a second class signed-for small parcel collected for free — I had thought it was just tracked. However, the big earner for RM with the customer collect will surely be the Amazon returns — I’ve collected quite a few this week. Perhaps the “customer collect” thingy is really to entice the big names to use RM for returns.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Royal mail pushing parcel colle
Exactly my experience. We pick up as many Amazon returns as we do anything else.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑24 Mar 2024, 18:33We have a few small/home businesses in our DO area taking advantage of the free collections and sending maybe five or six packages a time, albeit with the sender’s name rather than a business name, so you do get smaller businesses using it. You can even have a second class signed-for small parcel collected for free — I had thought it was just tracked. However, the big earner for RM with the customer collect will surely be the Amazon returns — I’ve collected quite a few this week. Perhaps the “customer collect” thingy is really to entice the big names to use RM for returns.