ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 07:56
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 19:13
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 18:18

I’m not going to trawl through your posts but I vaguely remember seeing that. I also remember thinking it proved nothing.

As far as I’m aware men also have children. Maybe you’re the one being sexist.
You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
To be fair, they have done that with me too. It is beyond creepy that random people on the internet try and track you down for daring to have a different opinion on an internet forum. I have even had members on here set up alternate accounts and PM me for personal details. There are some deranged folks out there. That said, I have never revealed my gender either, I don’t think, so maybe people have been presuming I am female all along. It suddenly makes sense.

In all honesty, I notice similar in my workplace, with female members of staff being more prone to bullying from management, which has been addressed in our office, but must still go on nationwide. I guess this site just reflects that.
I work at one of the better DOs, but we still have a minority at ours who behave in exactly this sort of way. Our managers are actually all decent folk, but frustratingly, they are seemingly powerless to eradicate the perpetrators once and for all, with culprits being transferred, given warnings, it coming to nothing, etc, etc…

Just one example. Not long after I went permanent, we had a newish gay woman paired for the day with an old-timer who quizzed her all day about her sex life and told her he would “convert her”, asking her if she had ever had a man, did she fancy him, etc. he even made her swap numbers when in the van under the guise of needing it for when they went off their separate ways to do their loops.

She came back in tears, really upset, and didn’t feel confident to raise with managers as this old-timer had told her he had the managers under the thumb — def not true BtW. Instead, on our naive advice, she went to the doorstepping union rep for support and advice, and he told her this was the normal culture and that if she didn’t have thick enough skin then it wasn’t the job for her. She quit later that week. He is still there, still making crude remarks openly…
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

It's like Jackanory in ere now.
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 18:36
It's like Jackanory in ere now.
Why? Is it you?! Were you there, chum?
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

Go on, tell us your version of events. Did she give you mixed signals?
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

It's just pathetic now...
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

It is pathetic indeed that you have again shown your misogynistic views by minimising or dismissing a real story of sexual harassment in your workplace.

You again waded in with your Jackanory comment, implying that you categorically can gainsay what I have set out re what led to the poor girl leaving, and so I asked you for your version of events. I pose the question again: if what I have set out did not happen, what did?
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:37
It is pathetic indeed that you have again shown your misogynistic views by minimising or dismissing a real story of sexual harassment in your workplace.

You again waded in with your Jackanory comment, implying that you categorically can gainsay what I have set out re what led to the poor girl leaving, and so I asked you for your version of events. I pose the question again: if what I have set out did not happen, what did?
So we should believe you but not him?
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by sweepster70 »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 17:00
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 07:56
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 19:13
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 18:18

I’m not going to trawl through your posts but I vaguely remember seeing that. I also remember thinking it proved nothing.

As far as I’m aware men also have children. Maybe you’re the one being sexist.
You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
To be fair, they have done that with me too. It is beyond creepy that random people on the internet try and track you down for daring to have a different opinion on an internet forum. I have even had members on here set up alternate accounts and PM me for personal details. There are some deranged folks out there. That said, I have never revealed my gender either, I don’t think, so maybe people have been presuming I am female all along. It suddenly makes sense.

In all honesty, I notice similar in my workplace, with female members of staff being more prone to bullying from management, which has been addressed in our office, but must still go on nationwide. I guess this site just reflects that.
I work at one of the better DOs, but we still have a minority at ours who behave in exactly this sort of way. Our managers are actually all decent folk, but frustratingly, they are seemingly powerless to eradicate the perpetrators once and for all, with culprits being transferred, given warnings, it coming to nothing, etc, etc…

Just one example. Not long after I went permanent, we had a newish gay woman paired for the day with an old-timer who quizzed her all day about her sex life and told her he would “convert her”, asking her if she had ever had a man, did she fancy him, etc. he even made her swap numbers when in the van under the guise of needing it for when they went off their separate ways to do their loops.

She came back in tears, really upset, and didn’t feel confident to raise with managers as this old-timer had told her he had the managers under the thumb — def not true BtW. Instead, on our naive advice, she went to the doorstepping union rep for support and advice, and he told her this was the normal culture and that if she didn’t have thick enough skin then it wasn’t the job for her. She quit later that week. He is still there, still making crude remarks openly…

I don't believe a word you said. I think you hate seniority and anything to do with the Union.
If this was the case, the Postman should have been sacked and the Union rep loose his position.
I believe you have no seniority and are not in the Union. This is the only reason you would come up with some Jackanory comment.
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Barnacle »

I think it’s a catfish and a young catfish.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:55
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:37
It is pathetic indeed that you have again shown your misogynistic views by minimising or dismissing a real story of sexual harassment in your workplace.

You again waded in with your Jackanory comment, implying that you categorically can gainsay what I have set out re what led to the poor girl leaving, and so I asked you for your version of events. I pose the question again: if what I have set out did not happen, what did?
So we should believe you but not him?
In a nutshell, that was precisely why she left - she felt she would be disbelieved or that her experience would be dismissed. Yiu sum it up succinctly.
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

sweepster70 wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:57
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 17:00
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 07:56
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 19:13
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 18:18

I’m not going to trawl through your posts but I vaguely remember seeing that. I also remember thinking it proved nothing.

As far as I’m aware men also have children. Maybe you’re the one being sexist.
You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
To be fair, they have done that with me too. It is beyond creepy that random people on the internet try and track you down for daring to have a different opinion on an internet forum. I have even had members on here set up alternate accounts and PM me for personal details. There are some deranged folks out there. That said, I have never revealed my gender either, I don’t think, so maybe people have been presuming I am female all along. It suddenly makes sense.

In all honesty, I notice similar in my workplace, with female members of staff being more prone to bullying from management, which has been addressed in our office, but must still go on nationwide. I guess this site just reflects that.
I work at one of the better DOs, but we still have a minority at ours who behave in exactly this sort of way. Our managers are actually all decent folk, but frustratingly, they are seemingly powerless to eradicate the perpetrators once and for all, with culprits being transferred, given warnings, it coming to nothing, etc, etc…

Just one example. Not long after I went permanent, we had a newish gay woman paired for the day with an old-timer who quizzed her all day about her sex life and told her he would “convert her”, asking her if she had ever had a man, did she fancy him, etc. he even made her swap numbers when in the van under the guise of needing it for when they went off their separate ways to do their loops.

She came back in tears, really upset, and didn’t feel confident to raise with managers as this old-timer had told her he had the managers under the thumb — def not true BtW. Instead, on our naive advice, she went to the doorstepping union rep for support and advice, and he told her this was the normal culture and that if she didn’t have thick enough skin then it wasn’t the job for her. She quit later that week. He is still there, still making crude remarks openly…

I don't believe a word you said. I think you hate seniority and anything to do with the Union.
If this was the case, the Postman should have been sacked and the Union rep loose his position.
I believe you have no seniority and are not in the Union. This is the only reason you would come up with some Jackanory comment.
Nah, see, pervie is a pal of union rep! Old boys’ network closing ranks again…. And I really wish it was Jackanory…
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:37
It is pathetic indeed that you have again shown your misogynistic views by minimising or dismissing a real story of sexual harassment in your workplace.

You again waded in with your Jackanory comment, implying that you categorically can gainsay what I have set out re what led to the poor girl leaving, and so I asked you for your version of events. I pose the question again: if what I have set out did not happen, what did?
I don't believe a word you say. Why would/should I believe this. I think you only come on here to stir s**t.

But if you would like a story.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Royal Mail employed social media assistants to utilise them as union busters and to cause division in the ranks. Weirdly, although they were told to stand down some of them continue their efforts. It was easy to spot them as they never had anything constructive to say nor really added anything of value with any real knowledge of the job. They only offered contentious views or contrary opinion. They had their script, thats all they knew. Like a dog that couldn't stop chasing their tail.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by ted_e_bear »

If only there was an option to suggest a thread could be locked due to going totally off topic.
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by sweepster70 »

I'll bring it back......
We're heading to the gig economy fast.
Our pay rise is s**t.
Our workload is far more demanding than a Man/Woman who works in a shop.
They are getting a bigger pay rise than us.
We are institutionalised.
We are f****d.
:dance
Sean06
Posts: 2483
Joined: 20 Nov 2023, 16:50
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Post by Sean06 »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 20:08
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2024, 19:37
It is pathetic indeed that you have again shown your misogynistic views by minimising or dismissing a real story of sexual harassment in your workplace.

You again waded in with your Jackanory comment, implying that you categorically can gainsay what I have set out re what led to the poor girl leaving, and so I asked you for your version of events. I pose the question again: if what I have set out did not happen, what did?
I don't believe a word you say. Why would/should I believe this. I think you only come on here to stir s**t.

But if you would like a story.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Royal Mail employed social media assistants to utilise them as union busters and to cause division in the ranks. Weirdly, although they were told to stand down some of them continue their efforts. It was easy to spot them as they never had anything constructive to say nor really added anything of value with any real knowledge of the job. They only offered contentious views or contrary opinion. They had their script, thats all they knew. Like a dog that couldn't stop chasing their tail.
Name an shame all the social media busters paid by rm to cause divisions in the union seems to me your a bit paranoid.im sure also postman an tbt would have put a stop to it long ago.