Been on here now 11 years youve been on less than a month you will hardly be missed. Not going to explain again why i changed my username.Jim Duke wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 13:09Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
-
Sean06
- Posts: 2483
- Joined: 20 Nov 2023, 16:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
-
CarryingMGMT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 310
- Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
You are the creepiest person on these forums by a country mile LouBarlow. Anyone with half a brain can see that by looking at half a dozen of your posts alone.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
She has already made one ex-postie look silly on here by ‘providing receipts’ when she was called out previously. I think she has earned any benefit of the doubt by now. To be honest, some of these replies she is receiving are coming across as misogynistic now.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 16:10I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
misogynistic? Iv not mentioned gender… in fact only you and they have…LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 17:48She has already made one ex-postie look silly on here by ‘providing receipts’ when she was called out previously. I think she has earned any benefit of the doubt by now. To be honest, some of these replies she is receiving are coming across as misogynistic now.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 16:10I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
Happy to see those receipts as well.
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Thank you for being a voice of reason, Lou. You are right, it is misogynistic. Merely expressing a contrary viewpoint or opinion to others on this forum seems to invite all manner of abuse, direct and indirect, and accusations that the poster “isn’t who they say they are” or that they are management masquerading as a postie.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 17:48She has already made one ex-postie look silly on here by ‘providing receipts’ when she was called out previously. I think she has earned any benefit of the doubt by now. To be honest, some of these replies she is receiving are coming across as misogynistic now.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 16:10I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
The “receipts” — see my various previous posts with photographic evidence for the “receipts”.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 18:11misogynistic? Iv not mentioned gender… in fact only you and they have…LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 17:48She has already made one ex-postie look silly on here by ‘providing receipts’ when she was called out previously. I think she has earned any benefit of the doubt by now. To be honest, some of these replies she is receiving are coming across as misogynistic now.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 16:10I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
Happy to see those receipts as well.
Misogynistic — just off the top of my head, without trawling previous posts:
1. Putting “her” or “she” in quotations.
2. “your children should be ashamed of you”.
….
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
I’m not going to trawl through your posts but I vaguely remember seeing that. I also remember thinking it proved nothing.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 18:16The “receipts” — see my various previous posts with photographic evidence for the “receipts”.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 18:11misogynistic? Iv not mentioned gender… in fact only you and they have…LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 17:48She has already made one ex-postie look silly on here by ‘providing receipts’ when she was called out previously. I think she has earned any benefit of the doubt by now. To be honest, some of these replies she is receiving are coming across as misogynistic now.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 16:10I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
Happy to see those receipts as well.
Misogynistic — just off the top of my head, without trawling previous posts:
1. Putting “her” or “she” in quotations.
2. “your children should be ashamed of you”.
….
As far as I’m aware men also have children. Maybe you’re the one being sexist.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4112
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
f**k me is there a competition going on here for
A, To take a thread totally off topic.
B, The longest possible quote of a load of bollocks that's equally got nothing to do with the original topic.
A, To take a thread totally off topic.
B, The longest possible quote of a load of bollocks that's equally got nothing to do with the original topic.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
Now hang on. There is talk of receipts. You get receipts from Aldi.ted_e_bear wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 18:31f**k me is there a competition going on here for
A, To take a thread totally off topic.
B, The longest possible quote of a load of bollocks that's equally got nothing to do with the original topic.
As for your other point. I’m a Luddite who has no idea how to properly navigate this platform from my phone.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16707
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
I used to hate all the ads that pop up.
Now I realise someone has to pay for all the bandwidth used up by people who quote bollocks after bollocks after bollocks.
Now I realise someone has to pay for all the bandwidth used up by people who quote bollocks after bollocks after bollocks.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Okeydokey.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 19:13You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
Ignore trolls. Even little lady trolls. Old Chinese proverb.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
To be fair, they have done that with me too. It is beyond creepy that random people on the internet try and track you down for daring to have a different opinion on an internet forum. I have even had members on here set up alternate accounts and PM me for personal details. There are some deranged folks out there. That said, I have never revealed my gender either, I don’t think, so maybe people have been presuming I am female all along. It suddenly makes sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 19:13You’re being wilfully obtuse. And maybe you are – as has already been suggested by an objective and impartial observer – showing your misogynistic inner thoughts. Because this little lady dares to express views that differ from your own caveman-type views, you feel a burning need to identify and locate me!
In all honesty, I notice similar in my workplace, with female members of staff being more prone to bullying from management, which has been addressed in our office, but must still go on nationwide. I guess this site just reflects that.