ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van checks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thommo44
Posts: 289
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 13:00
Gender: Male

Re: Van checks

Post by Thommo44 »

Mine send me a text message saying I haven’t done the van checks, I send them a photo of the screen with time and date, they ask if I put the correct registration number in, I use the same van every day.
Others report a fault, they assign the van to someone else the next day hoping they don’t notice. Today they had someone change a bulb themselves, not trained and not their job. Everyone is screwed if there’s an accident.
We should refuse to use any vehicle that does not comply with the daily checks
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Van checks

Post by Wolf91 »

Get called into the office if we miss a van check.
Get called into the office if we miss a single SISO.

…but their performance tools being brought in won’t be used for disciplinary measures.
Honest.
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Van checks

Post by Wolf91 »

postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2023, 16:58
Wonder if halfords would be happy doing our M.O.T.s
You betcha. Williams probably thought that one up years ago.
Disgusting.