When you are finishing on your time, bringing a full round back where do you find time to put d2ds in on a Saturday? If they want them all in on Monday, do it before you put the mail back in on Monday, meaning you will probably be another hour and a half before you get outFoxel wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 12:17Most start popping them in on Saturday after their round. Then there is normally a lot of spare time on to pop the rest in or at least have them all in by Wednesday. It's a doddle when you only have the one, not so when you've got four and are putting them together before popping them in.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
-
Thommo44
- Posts: 289
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 13:00
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
Then it is up to your manager to decide what you do. Spend time delivering or spent time putting D2Ds' in. I wouldn't lose any sleep.Thommo44 wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 13:04
When you are finishing on your time, bringing a full round back where do you find time to put d2ds in on a Saturday? If they want them all in on Monday, do it before you put the mail back in on Monday, meaning you will probably be another hour and a half before you get out
I'm turning purple!
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4112
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
That's what I wondered, some at our place put them in on a Saturday, carrying on for free after finishing time until they get told it's locking up time.Thommo44 wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 13:04When you are finishing on your time, bringing a full round back where do you find time to put d2ds in on a Saturday? If they want them all in on Monday, do it before you put the mail back in on Monday, meaning you will probably be another hour and a half before you get outFoxel wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 12:17Most start popping them in on Saturday after their round. Then there is normally a lot of spare time on to pop the rest in or at least have them all in by Wednesday. It's a doddle when you only have the one, not so when you've got four and are putting them together before popping them in.
-
Selhurst
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 12:16
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
It’s the big pizza leaflets that are the pain. RM should notify all suppliers of the d2d’s that they should not be over a certain size.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 10:32RM need to work with the companies that produce the D2D to get them in envelopes or anther form suitable for machine sorting and have addresses on them but no addressee. Then RM could make use of DTS so that in theory each day it would just release those where you've got a 1C letter for with all remaining ones being released on Friday night for Saturday delivery
The pizza ones become a nice soggy mush when it’s raining. If I have the time I tend to fold them in half. Easier to go in the frame and easier to handle when delivering.
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
Apparently I'm one of the "awkward squad" in our DO because on repeated asking a manager how you're supposed to discern which individual address has received D2D item/s the previous day in a majority double-slotted frame when you return from a rest day and there's one remaining in the slot? They have never given me a concise answer, usually just a grunt or a shrug of the shoulders...

You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
It is a rather daft question, so in fairness I'd probably shrug or grunt too. You obviously can't tell that. It's down to the person the day before, who should either take them all or write on them.Grinder64 wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 14:43Apparently I'm one of the "awkward squad" in our DO because on repeated asking a manager how you're supposed to discern which individual address has received D2D item/s the previous day in a majority double-slotted frame when you return from a rest day and there's one remaining in the slot? They have never given me a concise answer, usually just a grunt or a shrug of the shoulders...![]()
![]()
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
We've got 2500 delivery points, if you get 3 d2d how are you gonna put 7500 in on one day?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
SMS1969
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: 28 Jun 2021, 11:36
- Gender: Male
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
We are frequently getting D2Ds for that week on the Tuesday, sometimes even the Wednesday.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Ali831
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
- Gender: Female
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
Told on Mondays a few weeks ago, been on annual leave my round has hardly been covered so no room to fit them in even if I wanted to
-
Wheelbarrow
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 31 Jan 2023, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
How do you have time on Saturday? Our extra lapsing means impossible to finish every day so do them in morning over 5 days as we’ve been told to do them in morning before prep60091 wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 11:05I always do mine for years on a Saturday when I get back!!, d2d have dropped off alot over the past couple of years I only get 1 or 2 week, may be a max of 4 but not very often I remember you use to get 6 quite regularly!!! Most of the office do what they like no rules!!
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
I cover 3 rounds on a float duty. The one I was covering Friday and Saturday had only 1 column of D2D done when I got to it Friday. So I have just put in columns 6 and 7 then told COM what I had done. He never managed the situation, just said ok. Surely he should be speaking to the people who have failed to do their job correctly.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
Problem with that is if no action is taken when they don't do it, then they won't do it.Seymour Buts wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 14:51It is a rather daft question, so in fairness I'd probably shrug or grunt too. You obviously can't tell that. It's down to the person the day before, who should either take them all or write on them.Grinder64 wrote: ↑26 Mar 2023, 14:43Apparently I'm one of the "awkward squad" in our DO because on repeated asking a manager how you're supposed to discern which individual address has received D2D item/s the previous day in a majority double-slotted frame when you return from a rest day and there's one remaining in the slot? They have never given me a concise answer, usually just a grunt or a shrug of the shoulders...![]()
![]()
-
Wolf91
- Posts: 506
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
It’s all very well and good them saying that.
Let’s get down to the reality of how this will pan out though.
After a brief conservation with the DIM, most OPG’s up and down the country will make it clear that if you want them to use 3 hours of their time to put D2D’s in the frame, you are perfectly fine to do that. I certainly would be. The conversation will go something along the lines of:
“Alright mate it’s come from above that we *have* to put in door to doors on a Monday now. Do them first then see how you are.”
OPG: “Do you really want to use 3 hours of my time to put in all these D2D’s though gaffer? I’ve got 3 days mail & parcels to sort through & deliver here”.
“I know… erm… True… Errm….
Put them under the frame mate. We will see to them when we got time.”
As you were.
Let’s get down to the reality of how this will pan out though.
After a brief conservation with the DIM, most OPG’s up and down the country will make it clear that if you want them to use 3 hours of their time to put D2D’s in the frame, you are perfectly fine to do that. I certainly would be. The conversation will go something along the lines of:
“Alright mate it’s come from above that we *have* to put in door to doors on a Monday now. Do them first then see how you are.”
OPG: “Do you really want to use 3 hours of my time to put in all these D2D’s though gaffer? I’ve got 3 days mail & parcels to sort through & deliver here”.
“I know… erm… True… Errm….
Put them under the frame mate. We will see to them when we got time.”
As you were.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16708
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: All d2ds need to be in by Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday
I don't know where you get 3 hours from. I have never spent 3 hours prepping D2D on Monday.
But here is the thing:
Resource to workload. If the workload is x then the resource is x.
If the workload is 3x then the resource needs to be 3x. It isn't rocket engineering.
Putting all the D2D in on Monday isn't a problem. Making sure you have the resource available to do that is another thing.
Now whether someone on light duties starts doing them on Saturday after you have left for delivery, or a Sunday packet driver who doesn't have enough work to fill their shift or a part timer on overtime on Monday morning or like us you have a longer Monday to allow the D2D prep to be done is all that matters.
Don't any reps do weekly resourcing meetings.
I understand people don't like doing things differently. I know prepping 2 frames with D2D is unbearably boring but when people start with the notion that it takes 3 hours and it can't be done, I can understand why everything fails.
It reminds me of a rep we had who, no matter what was suggested, would run around the office shouting -It won't work. I've told him it won't work.
But here is the thing:
Resource to workload. If the workload is x then the resource is x.
If the workload is 3x then the resource needs to be 3x. It isn't rocket engineering.
Putting all the D2D in on Monday isn't a problem. Making sure you have the resource available to do that is another thing.
Now whether someone on light duties starts doing them on Saturday after you have left for delivery, or a Sunday packet driver who doesn't have enough work to fill their shift or a part timer on overtime on Monday morning or like us you have a longer Monday to allow the D2D prep to be done is all that matters.
Don't any reps do weekly resourcing meetings.
I understand people don't like doing things differently. I know prepping 2 frames with D2D is unbearably boring but when people start with the notion that it takes 3 hours and it can't be done, I can understand why everything fails.
It reminds me of a rep we had who, no matter what was suggested, would run around the office shouting -It won't work. I've told him it won't work.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.