ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item received at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Snaggletooth wrote:
21 Dec 2021, 06:44
stanloi wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 21:02
I am wondering is it likely to be stuck in customs, I do not see a released from customs or presented to customs.
The tracking will never make any reference to customs, they don't do any tracking there. The last two tracking points do show that it has passed out of customs to Royal Mail.

Some international services don't get any tracking between that point and delivery, and it is the busiest time of the year. However, it might be worth contacting RM customer services to ask why it hasn't reached you yet.
I've occasionally seen mentions of customs on tracking histories for items. Maybe RM and customs are trialling scanning stuff into and out of customs

stanloi

Post by stanloi »

Cheers, I guess I may have to wait this one out.
Might be delayed, might be in customs and might be lost.
Customer Services on the phone is too long to wait with the time of year and everything.
Have sent a tweet, maybe I will get a response there.

Thanks again
nataliawojaczynska

Post by nataliawojaczynska »

Hello I posted here few days ago was about my items being stuck at Langley HWDC since the 8th of December. I have posted 2 packages to Poland on the 5th. I have been told to check at the delivery partner's website and no movement recorded there either. I have e-mailed Polish postal services and I have just received a reply that my packages have not been recorded at Polish territory at all so my package is definitely not stuck at customs in Poland but somewhere here. I am super worried now, I have paid a lot of money for these packages and I expected them to get to their destination. Might they be lost in transit or something ? The whole thing is suspicious, I am attaching screenshots and tracking numbers below :
RN579697261GB
RN579717261GB
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

nataliawojaczynska wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 10:46
...I have e-mailed Polish postal services and I have just received a reply that my packages have not been recorded at Polish territory at all so my package is definitely not stuck at customs in Poland but somewhere here.
Until they have cleared customs they aren't in Poland. Same as when you go through the airport: you aren't in the country until you have cleared customs and passport control.
insa80

Post by insa80 »

That is untrue. Item classes as being in the country if it has been scanned in the country awaiting customs clearance. There is a reason why services are tracked to see which country has it and where you should start searching. If your item has been scanned in Poland then Royal Mail will not help you to chase item, but they will help if item is still stuck at received at international hub in UK. RM takes responsibility until item has been marked as leaving UK.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

insa80 wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:11
That is untrue. Item classes as being in the country if it has been scanned in the country awaiting customs clearance. There is a reason why services are tracked to see which country has it and where you should start searching. If your item has been scanned in Poland then Royal Mail will not help you to chase item, but they will help if item is still stuck at received at international hub in UK. RM takes responsibility until item has been marked as leaving UK.
Apart from one or two exceptions no country scans any item before it's cleared customs
Wronka93

Post by Wronka93 »

Im losing my mind i send parcel at 24 november :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The very top photograph and the 11:47 entry means that you may have sent prohibited good to another country.

Unfortunately, it is the responsibility of the sender to check the list of Prohibited and Restricted Lists as Post Offices clerks cannot possibly know all 195 lists, some of which have hundreds of items on the list.

As you will know where you sent it, and what it was I suggest doing a google search "Royal Mail Poland" this will bring up various links - check the prohibited and restricted list to see if your item is on it.

If it is contact Royal Mail and they MAY be able to advise you what the final disposal was.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Wronka93

Post by Wronka93 »

Yes, I thought that they checked and released this package, so it follows from this tracking, I sent a heating vest and a power bank, I did not check if it was forbidden, but the question is, if the tracking is that it leaves the UK from January 6, it means that it will fly? on the Polish side of the post office is that the package has been sent in the middle ages that it would be faster :chuckle :chuckle :d'oh! :shock: i out more clear screen shot of that with prohibted goods
RN827124592GB
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I think the powerbank will still cause problems if it contains a lithium battery. if it gets routed via Germany it'll likely end up being returned to sender as Germany don't allow any lithium batteries in the post. Don't know off-hand if it'd be allowed to go via air, my gut feeling is that it won't
rex786

Post by rex786 »

i m having the same freaking issue with my parcel
it has been stuck at langley since 27th of april(it has been nearly 3 weeks now)
this is ridiculous and whenever i contact Royalmail for help, these retards say the item left the uk and is in hong kong customs but when i contact hong kong customs & hong kong post, they say item isn't even here yet.
This is ridiculous even royalmail says "item preparing to leave" on the tracking but their customer service staff says it left, if it had left then hong kong customs/post would've told me when it arrived in case there was a problem with my package....
What a joke of a service provided by royalmail, now i can't even order anything else from the uk in case it takes this long also. just unbelievably bad service.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 12:05
it has been stuck at langley since 27th of april(it has been nearly 3 weeks now)
this is ridiculous and whenever i contact Royalmail for help, these retards say the item left the uk and is in hong kong customs but when i contact hong kong customs & hong kong post, they say item isn't even here yet.
This is ridiculous even royalmail says "item preparing to leave" on the tracking but their customer service staff says it left, if it had left then hong kong customs/post would've told me when it arrived in case there was a problem with my package....
What a joke of a service provided by royalmail, now i can't even order anything else from the uk in case it takes this long also. just unbelievably bad service.
We are not an official Royal Mail site and with you calling our colleagues "retards" I wouldn't expect much help here.

Please aim your anger elsewhere, or show some respect to people who post here voluntarily and in their own time. Name-calling is against the rules here, even if not aimed at a particular individual.

However, FYI there is always a gap from when Royal Mail pass to UK customs, to it arriving officialy with the destination postal service, mainly because Customs do not scan or update the tracking for a parcel.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
rex786

Post by rex786 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
14 May 2022, 12:21
rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 12:05
We are not an official Royal Mail site and with you calling our colleagues "retards" I wouldn't expect much help here.

Please aim your anger elsewhere, or show some respect to people who post here voluntarily and in their own time. Name-calling is against the rules here, even if not aimed at a particular individual.

However, FYI there is always a gap from when Royal Mail pass to UK customs, to it arriving officialy with the destination postal service, mainly because Customs do not scan or update the tracking for a parcel.
Im sorry but i didn't mean to be rude.
I m just so frustrated with a lack of a proper response or investigation as to where my package went... this has never happened before and royalmail twitter is literally of no help because they give an improper response that the package has left the UK but the tracking says its still being prepared to leave("We have received your item at LANGLEY HWDC, our international processing centre. Your item is being prepared for despatch overseas.")... its just so frustrating. They don't even bother to investigate as to weather my package was stolen.. i really needed my package to arrive but it hasn't.
My tracking number is RN636367226GB
Please let me know if you can do anything.... i m just so stressed out over this seeing as that some members on this forum didn't receive their package at all in the end.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If it's the same issue then it won't make it to Hong Kong as Hong Kong don't allow any lithium batteries or anything containing lithium batteries in the post
rex786

Post by rex786 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
14 May 2022, 16:04
If it's the same issue then it won't make it to Hong Kong as Hong Kong don't allow any lithium batteries or anything containing lithium batteries in the post
It’s not lithium batteries…