ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think Royal Mail are stealing my packages

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Angel2002

Post by Angel2002 »

Hiya,

So I’ve had 6 items marked as delivered but never actually been delivered. This started a few months ago and keeps happening. There have been two investigations which apparently came back with nothing and delivery drivers “not remembering” who took the package in.

The latest item was apparently attempted delivery on Wednesday (even though I was in and no one rang the doorbell)- I rescheduled delivery for Friday- it never came and still hasn’t. I rang up Royal Mail and they are now investigating- this particular item is a very expensive vintage coat that isn’t replaceable and I’m absolutely fuming.

I don’t feel Royal Mail are taking this situation seriously at all. It’s got to the point now that when I order something I really don’t know if I’ll receive it or not. The pattern is always the same- I don’t receive the item, I ring up and they say it’s marked as delivered.

I really don’t know what could be happening apart from someone from Royal Mail taking the packages as this doesn’t happen with any other courier. I’m not working atm so I’m usually in, I know it isn’t my neighbours so I’m inclined to believe it’s a postal worker.

Anyone have any insights?

2yearpostie

Post by 2yearpostie »

Is your address similar to one nearby, for example i have a section where there are three houses that are no2 but even though its a straight road the street name changes 3 times within 400 yrds.

I doubt it will be the postie stealing as we are tracked all the way round and everyone is scared of the internal security services that royal mail have.

Id ask them to check inside the callers office as a new postie could be scanning the item wrong and leaving it in the callers office when they get back. The only other place staff leave parcels is at your local post office.
Angel2002

Post by Angel2002 »

I’m in a house that’s been turned into 3 flats but we all have separate numbers and my neighbours always leave my parcels out if they ever collect them and vice versa, other than that there’s no other similar addresses. Before this started happening I always received packages okay!

What I don’t understand is that in the investigations they came back saying that someone had signed for it, which was just a straight up lie so I really don’t understand what’s going on.
Woody Guthrie

Post by Woody Guthrie »

No one will have signed for it as from March we haven't been accepting signatures.
There's no way a delivery driver can 'forget who delivered it' since it will be tracked on a specific PDA that has to be logged into with a name and a PIN number.
Only dead fish follow the current
Angel2002

Post by Angel2002 »

I think they meant they forgot who the person that signed for it was / what they looked like! But that’s a very good point about packages being not actually being signed anymore, but that’s what I was told anyway
Janet Brum

Post by Janet Brum »

Do you have tracking numbers for your parcels? What the tracking says?

Are you sure one of your neighbours didn`t receive your parcels? Maybe it`s a ground floor flat and someone opens the door to the postie and offers to take big parcels in?

Is your address on the websites you order from correct? Correct post code, house number, street? Check again, you never know...

If I was you I would go to my delivery office around 9.30-10 am (before it`s manic in any delivery office and after the manager might leave) and ask to speak to the manager, be insistent, polite and wear a mask.
Have the tracking numbers with you and ask to see the pda scans for each tracking number, you will see where they have been delivered and by whom and take it from there.

Good luck.
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

Janet Brum wrote:................
Have the tracking numbers with you and ask to see the pda scans for each tracking number, you will see where they have been delivered and by whom and take it from there.

Good luck.
Depending on how big your local delivery office is you might not get to see the relevant manager who is responsible for the postie
delivering your particular location.

It sounds like you've asked for investigations already which is the right thing to do.

You can ask for a manager to check the PDA scans for each tracking number but I doubt it would be a quick five minute job.
Also I doubt the manager will let you see where they were delivered and by which postie - the manager would initially have to check with each
particular postie (it might have been several different posties) if they recall delivering to your location - and this is the process
that should happen if you've raised a complaint already.

Then if there is a suspicion a postie is responsible it could be escalated to an internal disciplinary matter and the manager
wouldn't identify them. If the PDA data is checked the GPS signal can be blocked by trees, when in buildings, surrounded by higher
buildings etc. and their can be a margin of error (nothing to do with RM - it's inherent in the international GPS system).

Why are you inclined to believe it's the postal worker(s)? It sounds like other couriers have access to all the flats. If parcels are being left out in communal
areas (which is against RM policy) how do you know it's not other couriers?

If the vintage coat was very expensive was it sent Special Delivery?
enskied

Post by enskied »

Well I suspect that your delivery office is overwhelmemed. Think about how many parcels youare ordering and multiply it by heaven knows.!

If your items are tracked or up for a redelivery, I would say that they are safe and being held back at your delivery office because not enough staff or time to honour that. If you have the time and patience and a car ? go and get your stuff.
outsiderinside

Post by outsiderinside »

I am experiencing the same thing and it is ongoing. My usual postman has also behaved quite strangely when I have made complaints, trying to suggest to me it couldn’t be him because of several different excuses.
Today is the fourth time my packages of CBD products have been stolen. They never get lost when sent with UPS, but as soon as the company uses Royal Mail they go missing. They say the package was delivered when it wasn’t. They know who is doing it, they must know..these packages are tracked. Hundreds of pounds worth of medicines stolen. I am tired of this now and might try the police.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

outsiderinside wrote:Today is the fourth time my packages of CBD products have been stolen.
Are these coming from another country? It is easy to see how CBD *oil* would fall foul of the UK's customs prohibitions:
Medicines classified as flammable or toxic.
And in general, anything derived from cannabis or classified as a pharmaceutical is liable to get held up or confiscated.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Snaggletooth wrote:
outsiderinside wrote:Today is the fourth time my packages of CBD products have been stolen.
Are these coming from another country? It is easy to see how CBD *oil* would fall foul of the UK's customs prohibitions:
Medicines classified as flammable or toxic.
And in general, anything derived from cannabis or classified as a pharmaceutical is liable to get held up or confiscated.
Even if posted with the UK going to a UK address it's not allowed in the post:

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default ... l%2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

I'm not convinced that all CBD oil is banned in the post. Clearly raw or dried cannabis is, but if all products made from that plant were banned then you wouldn't be able to send rope in the post. As a quick check, this is a CBD oil that Holland & Barrett sell and they seem to allow mail order:

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/ ... 5-60018333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that CBD oil is technically allowed, but that doesn't mean that it is going to have an easy ride. Although not specified in the leaflet, anything containing oil is potentially regarded as a dangerous item, both due to the fire risk and the risk of leaks damaging other items. CBD oil would need to be packaged securely as per the 'liquids' section of the leaflet, but even still it is liable to seizure & destruction if the contents start to leak. Further, if this isn't coming from a reputable retailer then it is possible that it is being seized as illegal.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

outsiderinside wrote:Hundreds of pounds worth of medicines stolen.
I doubt that they were stolen, much more likely officially seized & destroyed. Under UK law, you are entitled to a refund from the seller for anything which failed to arrive, so I hope you have claimed from them.
Pheobian

Re: I think Royal Mail are stealing my packages

Post by Pheobian »

I think parcels are being stolen. I ordered iTouchless 15 Litre Sensor Dustbin from Amazon and was apparently delivered to me on 29-02-2024 at 5.58am

5:58am??? - ridiculous!! someone has seen this item and though Hmmm I'd like this and decided they would have it. This to me is not only theft but fraud too. Several on my friends has had similar experiences too.

Your item was delivered on 29-02-2024, 5:58am
Thursday 29 February 2024
05:58
Delivery Scan Recorded at Customer Service Point
Crawley DO
Wednesday 28 February 2024
03:16
Item Received
Gatwick MC
Tuesday 27 February 2024
14:45
Item Received
Yorkshire Parcel Hub
13:14
Sender has despatched item

Amazon are going to start an investigation but this is not a great experience for me and it's not the first time I've had issues like this.
I'm going to report this to the police too because Royal Mail management know this is happening but appear to to nothing continuously.
qwerty2

Re: I think Royal Mail are stealing my packages

Post by qwerty2 »

Nobody’s delivering parcels at 6am!
With it being scanned RM know who scanned it and where - PDAs have GPS
You won’t lose any money