not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Item delivered but not received by me

07 Nov 2019, 09:41

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bought an expensive item on eBay, seller stopped responding after payment. Dispute filed on PayPal. Seller claimed he sent it out and provided a tracking number NJ609390843GB. It was signed for with a signature on 29/10 but I don’t recognise the signature.

I have been to the local DO and the guys told me that the GPS tracked to a different address in my area. He remembered delivering a signed for letter to that address and the person who received it said it was a blank paper in the envelope.

I was told RM has opened an investigation, case ref 1-5350830498.

I think I have been defrauded by eBay seller. as he provided PayPal with ‘valid’ tracking the only chance I have is for RM to provide me with a letter/ evidence stating otherwise. any idea how I can do that? thanks.

07 Nov 2019, 12:01

Actually, there are 2 other things you can do.

Contact your card company/pay pal and instruct them to start a chargeback for fraud.

Contact eBay and report the seller.

You'll probably get quicker action from that, or the police than you will from Royal mail.

07 Nov 2019, 13:12

I already did all those. started PayPal claim but as seller provided a tracking code they might rule in his favour. I will need RM letter or GPS data showing delivery was made to another address

07 Nov 2019, 21:20

You can get a printout with a map showing where your parcel was scanned/delivered but you`ll have to go to your delivery office and ask to speak to the manager, only him/her can do it.
Take your tracking number and ID with you and insist to receive a printout proving that it was delivered to the wrong address in order to get a refund.
Good luck.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1