not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Is special delivery tracking down all day today or some other reason for no tracking

03 Nov 2019, 17:30

Posted a small parcel for Special Delivery by 1pm,. Posted on 29 Oct at 0840 PE11 1EJ at my usual post office. Delivery address SL1 3DR
The address labels are printed on adhesive labels and I always then cover with 50mm sellotape, just in case. My return address is fixed on the same as well.
Checked several times today, all I get is:
"The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference YE0236*****GB . Please try again later"
Is this because the system is down does anyone know or does it mean something only known to RM?
Thanks (as always!)
Rob

Is special delivery tracking down all day today or some other reason for no tracking

04 Nov 2019, 17:23

Sorry, tracking starts VE, NOT YE.

Here is the online tracking info from just a few minutes ago for
Tracking no. VE02368****GB

Entering online tracking number, it gives following message:
Your Item was received by Slough DO on 30-10-2019 and is now due for delivery today. We normally expect to deliver items to your address by 1:00pm

However, phoning automated service and speaking the tracking number gives:
"Your item has reached the local delivery office and is due to be delivered TODAY".

Considering this was posted 29 Oct for special delivery guaranteed by 1pm, anyone any idea what is happening please?
It is to a business address.

Thanks,
Rob

04 Nov 2019, 17:35

There is a report in the "news" section that the Tracking webpage was down, or intermittent, on Thu 31 Oct so there could still be problems with it. The PDAs that we use received an update early last week and have become even more unreliable since then, that may cause problems updating the whole system. Have you contacted the address you sent it to to see if they have it, although I appreciate that may not be possible.

There is little harm if you post the full reference number, it contains no personal or address information, and someone with more experience/knowledge than me may be able to get more information.

04 Nov 2019, 18:18

Thanks fb1969
Wasn't sure about posting the number, so here it is:
VE023687843GB

I do hope it is not lost, as quite expensive, hence using SD.

How will I know exact details of day/time when delivered, just in case I can claim refund for late delivery?

Thanks, Rob

04 Nov 2019, 18:37

Only speaking from experience as a customer in the past, not as a postie. I had something similar a few years ago that was in the same position as yours with a Signed For item, there was no update to say it had been delivered. RM refunded the postage costs, I later rang the place I sent it to and they had received it!

The 6:56am "Due to be delivered" status confirms that it arrived at the Delivery Office, from there it should have been allocated to a duty and then signed for by the postie.
If it never updates beyond the current status then a refund should be due for the failure to deliver by 1pm unless RM can prove that it was delivered. If the PDA was faulty then a 'manual' signature should be obtained and that is input a few days later. That is where my knowledge ends but hopefully someone else can post extra info for you.

04 Nov 2019, 18:42

Thanks fb1969, comments much appreciated.
Rob

04 Nov 2019, 20:29

Was it being sent to a company that would normally receive hundreds of items that need signing for each day?

05 Nov 2019, 08:50

I don't know the size of the company, but could possibly be I guess?
Rob

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1