not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Confusion with tracking

01 Nov 2019, 15:21

Hello! Recently I've ordered an item from Korea. I order a fair lot of items from Korea, so I've become rather used to the process.

This time is stumping me a little. The tracking number (RA203504246KR) shows that the item has left Korea and that alone. Other tracking services show that the item was shipped via plane to France, as is standard, on the 23rd of October.

My concern is that I've always gotten an update on my tracking when the item has arrived in the UK and when it is at customs, which usually happens a couple of days after the item has been shipped to France. Naturally, this hasn't happened here, indicating the item is still waiting to be picked up in France. The catch is that I've never had to wait 8 days for that to happen to before. Once again, I order from Korea a lot, though perhaps I've just been lucky in the past?

Royal Mail recently (as in, a few days ago) lost an item of mine which was shipped within the UK and should have arrived within days, but hadn't turned up 2 weeks later despite being sent via Royal Mail 48. I'm definitely paranoid about this being lost too.

I was just wondering if people had any insight as to if this item had reached the UK and it hasn't been marked as such, if the item is still in France (and if the waiting time of 8 days is standard), if the item is probably lost, or whatever else the answer may be. Thank you!

Confusion with tracking

01 Nov 2019, 20:55

Apart from items sent by USPS nothing gets scanned at customs. The next scan event should be after customs release it to Royal Mail and it enters Royal Mail's network. UK customs choose random batches of mail for extra checks which can delay an item. It's possible that it's also got to go through French customs if it's passing via France

Confusion with tracking

01 Nov 2019, 23:11

SpacePhoenix wrote:Apart from items sent by USPS nothing gets scanned at customs. The next scan event should be after customs release it to Royal Mail and it enters Royal Mail's network. UK customs choose random batches of mail for extra checks which can delay an item. It's possible that it's also got to go through French customs if it's passing via France

I saw this said a lot here, but previous orders from Korea have 100% shown up on tracking as being handled at UK customs for me. The fact this hasn't, and the tracking hasn't updated to show that the item is in the UK, is what has me concerned. If I could remember previous tracking information I would definitely show some screenshots to prove this.

If it is still in France then I suppose getting caught in French customs makes sense. I just hope if that's the case that I also don't get hit with a massive wait for UK customs : (

Confusion with tracking

02 Nov 2019, 22:21

As suspected, Royal Mail on twitter has confirmed that the item hasn't arrived in the UK yet. Considering tracking says it got on the flight to France, I can only assume it is really held up in French customs.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1