not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Item sent to wrong address twice

13 Oct 2019, 08:21

Hi,

I'm new to this site.

I have a problem where I order a item, a expensive LEGO set from a website called bricklink.com. It's a marketplace where different sellers can list their LEGO to sell.

I ordered it on the 19th September, paid on same day and it was posted on the 20th Sept using Special delivery by 1pm. It was meant to be delivered on the monday 23rd september. However, it was signed by someonelse i don't know. I phoned up royal mail customer services and they said it had been sent out somewhere close to my address, not to the address I'm specifying to them and that I told them that the label on the parcel was correct. I received proof of postage from the seller where the seller uses a despatch book to post items. A second attempt to deliver the item had been made the following day, however item was refused and sent back to sender. Its at the national returns center as no returns label was put on the parcel and so the sender/seller has put in a request to get item back.

On tuesday 8th october, the seller agreed to send out a replacement item. He only confirmed to me yesterday that he sent it out on thursday and provided me with the tracking number. It still went to the wrong address as it was signed by someone who i don't know. I have to wait to monday to call royal mail customer services.

What should i do as this has happened for the second time? Any advise?

Thanks,

Amrit

13 Oct 2019, 08:30

You should reclaim your money from the seller. If their sub-contractor (Royal Mail) fails, it is the seller’s problem, not yours.

13 Oct 2019, 08:35

Is it Royal Mail fault, maybe not reading address correctly?

Or is it the seller who has definitely provided the wrong address?

13 Oct 2019, 08:48

Sounds a very odd situation as if either the incorrect address has been used or that the sender is trying to avoid sending you the item. There are not usually problems with the special delivery service as that is our premium product.

13 Oct 2019, 11:33

amrit64 wrote:Is it Royal Mail fault, maybe not reading address correctly?

Or is it the seller who has definitely provided the wrong address?

There is no way we can tell you that from the information provided. But from your point of view, it doesn't matter, because either way you need to claim from the seller.

15 Oct 2019, 10:31

I spoke to Royal Mail customer service and they said there was no address and post code in tracking number? However it was still came to local delivery office and was delivered and signed someone else I don’t know?

Have I been scammed?

15 Oct 2019, 17:26

If the seller uses a despatch book, the Post Office doesn’t have to enter the address details for the parcel. In a way, that is the whole point of the despatch book. But it does mean that RM customer services can’t see the destination address of the item.

The answer has not changed: you need to claim from the seller.

15 Oct 2019, 19:05

Snaggletooth wrote:If the seller uses a despatch book, the Post Office doesn’t have to enter the address details for the parcel. In a way, that is the whole point of the despatch book. But it does mean that RM customer services can’t see the destination address of the item.

The answer has not changed: you need to claim from the seller.

Then does royal mail depend on the printed label on the box to get it delivered, if no info from the tracking could be found?

15 Oct 2019, 20:20

They go by the address on the parcel regardless of what was entered into the system.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1