not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pricing and explaining of each business postage type?

31 Aug 2019, 11:53

Hi,

I've been using the Royal Mail business account for a little while now - but I'm still none the wiser what all the terminology means! I just had an invoice come through for June/July, and I'm looking at the price breakdown. One of them I had:

1st Class - BPL
2nd Class - BPL
1st Class Signed For - BPR
2nd Class Signed For - BPR
1st Class Account Mail - STL
2nd Class Account Mail - STL
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm (£750) - SD1
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm (£1000) - SD2
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm (£2500) - SD3
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am (£750) - SD4
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am (£1000) - SD5
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am (£2500) - SD6
Royal Mail 24 - CRL
Royal Mail 48 - CRL

Then there are the International ones as well:

Intl Business Mail Tracked (Zonal Pricing) - MTI
Intl Business Parcels Tracked (Zonal Pricing) - MP1
Intl Tracked On Account - OTA
Intl Tracked On Account Extra Comp - OTB
Intl Business Mail Signed (Zonal Pricing) - MTM
Intl Business Parcels Signed (Zonal Pricing) - MP5
Intl Signed On Account - OSA
Intl Signed On Account Extra Comp - OSB
Intl Business Mail Tracked & Signed (Zonal Pricing) - MTC
Intl Business Parcels Tracked & Signed (Zonal Pricing) - MTA
Intl Tracked & Signed On Account - OTC
Intl Tracked & Signed On Account Extra Comp - OTD
Intl Standard On Account - OLA
Intl Economy On Account - OLS
Intl Business Parcels (Zone Sort Priority) - IE1
Intl Business Parcels Mail Large Letter (Zone Sort) - IG1

What is BPR, STL, CRL? I can't seem to find any definitions of those anywhere, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm sure its simple once you know what they mean - but they are lost on me! The main ones I want to send are:

1) Small letter, untracked/unsigned (but with the barcode if possible to confirm delivery)
2) Small parcels (< 500g most of the time), both UK Europe, and rest of world

Those are the main things - so any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks :cool

31 Aug 2019, 21:53

youradds wrote:What is BPR, STL, CRL? I can't seem to find any definitions of those anywhere, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm sure its simple once you know what they mean - but they are lost on me! The main ones I want to send are:

1) Small letter, untracked/unsigned (but with the barcode if possible to confirm delivery)

Those are the main things - so any clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks :cool

I can't help with many but STL is Standard Tarrif Letter, SD1-6 the different tiers of Special Delivery servive.

An educated guess of others would be:
BPL - Business Post Letter
BPR - Business Post Recorded

OTA/B - Overseas Tracked tier A/B
OTC/D - as A/B but on account
OSA/B - Overseas Signed tier A/B
OLA - Overseas Letter Airmail
OLS - Overseas Letter Surface

01 Sep 2019, 01:41

Some of the codes are listed in the business price guide at https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/royal-mail-business-price-guide-25-march-2019_1.pdf. If you haven't had a visit from your Royal Mail Field Service Manager (FSM) recently then you might want to request that they contact you and explain how best to use the services that you have. If you contact the Royal Mail Business Centre on 08457 950 950 then they should be able to put the FSM in touch with you

02 Sep 2019, 06:34

swindonandy wrote:
youradds wrote:What is BPR, STL, CRL? I can't seem to find any definitions of those anywhere, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm sure its simple once you know what they mean - but they are lost on me! The main ones I want to send are:

I can't help with many but STL is Standard Tarrif Letter, SD1-6 the different tiers of Special Delivery servive.

An educated guess of others would be:
BPL - Business Post Letter
BPR - Business Post Recorded

OTA/B - Overseas Tracked tier A/B
OTC/D - as A/B but on account
OSA/B - Overseas Signed tier A/B
OLA - Overseas Letter Airmail
OLS - Overseas Letter Surface

Thanks Andy. So based on that, you would suggest using BPL instead of STL (which I assume is the rates non-business people get, thus more expensive?)

Basically I don't want to be using services that are the same price as "normal" people get :cool

Cheers

Andy

02 Sep 2019, 06:35

barrowc wrote:Some of the codes are listed in the business price guide at https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/royal-mail-business-price-guide-25-march-2019_1.pdf. If you haven't had a visit from your Royal Mail Field Service Manager (FSM) recently then you might want to request that they contact you and explain how best to use the services that you have. If you contact the Royal Mail Business Centre on 08457 950 950 then they should be able to put the FSM in touch with you

Thanks - I will give them a call. The only contact I've had was the original pre-sales contact , and then basically email communications for a few things

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1