ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to contact National Returns Centre?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
dressedboutique

Post by dressedboutique »

I posted a parcel a few weeks ago and the recipient did not receive a card to say delivery had been attempted. It was sent first class signed for and the tracking details state it has been sent to the National Returns Centre. I dont think I put a sent from address on but would like to see if I can have it redelivered to my customer. Is there any way I can contact them?

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

If it has been more than 3 weeks, complete a P58inland form and it will probably get back to you. Don’t think that there is an option to send it to the addressee again.

Please bear in mind that it can be a criminal offence to send a parcel without a return address, depending on the contents.
narasay

Post by narasay »

It’s been 6 days and my parcel hasn’t
Been tracked I think someone’s got it and they aren’t going to give it into the Royal Mail system

Do you think it could end up at the NRC? Without tracking even saying
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

If the tracking is working then it will be tracked into the NRC. But you said in the other thread that you put your return address on it, so it would only go to the NRC if the contents come under the Dangerous Goods Act or if the contents have come out of the original packaging.

Please don’t post in multiple threads about the same item.
AndreeaA

Re: How to contact National Returns Centre?

Post by AndreeaA »

Hello, I would like to ask a question regarding my parcel. I wanted to send a document to another EU country but I wasn't aware that there has to be a return address as well so I just wrote my name in case. After I contacted the postal office in that country they told me the parcel was returned so it will go to the National Return Centre. Is there a possibility to recover my parcel from the Centre? How long they will keep it until they get in contact with the owner of the parcel? I really didn't knew a return address is needed, I sent the parcel 25 days ago and would like to get it touch with them once my parcel is there and ask for it to be returned. Any information would be really useful. I saw some people said you can complete a form but I don't know exactly how.Thank you so much
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Similar to the above, you need to complete a P58international form, or the equivalent on Royal Mail's website.

In the UK, it is a criminal offence not to include your return name and address on the outside of the parcel for a few types of contents (e.g. perfume, mobile phones). For most contents it is optional, but a good idea.

If it was returned because of a lack of a return address, it might be because the receiving country makes it compulsory. Canada has that rule, maybe other places.

Adding your name by itself is pointless, because Royal Mail don't have a database that links names to addresses. For less important / valuable items I often include my address but not my name.

As to how long it will take ... probably a few months.
Sadi

Post by Sadi »

When you say it might take months, does this also apply to undelivered incomplete addressed parcels with a sender address on it?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Sadi wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 14:02
When you say it might take months, does this also apply to undelivered incomplete addressed parcels with a sender address on it?
You are replying to something I wrote 5 months ago!

No, in that case it should go straight back to the sender unless it falls foul of the Dangerous Goods Act.

But if the destination address is in another country it is likely to go all the way to the other country before returning, that could take weeks or maybe even months.
youngeccy

Post by youngeccy »

Hi I was on holiday when my parcel was delivered on the 25th July I was away till 15th August my parcel was sent back she says she still hasn't received it back how long dose it normally take to get back to sender
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

youngeccy wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 18:57
Hi I was on holiday when my parcel was delivered on the 25th July I was away till 15th August my parcel was sent back she says she still hasn't received it back how long dose it normally take to get back to sender
If posted in the UK and with a return address on the outside of the package then a couple of days.

If posted outside the UK and with a return address on the outside of the package then a couple of weeks.

If posted without a return address on the outside of the package then a couple of months.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Snaggletooth wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 06:23
If posted outside the UK and with a return address on the outside of the package then a couple of weeks.
The time to clear customs in the originating country will have to be factored in
chydory

Post by chydory »

Goodday,
Please I was told my parcel has been sent to the national return center because it was tagged as dangerous goods. Is it likely I get the items not dangerous amongst them sent back to me? If I can, please how do I go about it? I am kinda worried. Thank you. Doris
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

chydory wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 14:52
Goodday,
Please I was told my parcel has been sent to the national return center because it was tagged as dangerous goods. Is it likely I get the items not dangerous amongst them sent back to me? If I can, please how do I go about it? I am kinda worried. Thank you. Doris
You need to call Royal mail directly, we aren't an official site. However, if it's dangerous goods then the chances of them being returned are not good. Contact them as soon as possible it will make the chances of anything being returned a lot better.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
EmilyH

Post by EmilyH »

Hello,
I have sent a parcel to Hong Kong a few days ago, I did this in quite a rush at a post and packaging, and I didn't even buy postage online but at the post and packaging shop, a label with a barcode for international track and sign and another label with recipient's address hand written on were affixed on the parcel, but unfortunately, no custom form was filled out, and even worse I haven't written down my return address.

I only realized that yesterday as the parcel tracking shows recieved at Medway but not updating at all since then.

I was told that there's no way I can intercept it but have to wait for it to go all the way to Hong Kong and back due to missing custom form, and call Royal Mail again when I can see tracking shows it's at Belfast National Return centre.

But is it normal that the parcel is still at the first stop after a few days?
How does it work when it is in Belfast? Is it possible to have it returned back to me since there's no return address? I do have my tracking number and a picture of the content in the parcel thou ...

Many thanx and sorry for the long post, just panicking....
Bisicusine

Post by Bisicusine »

Please is it possible to get my mail back, if it says return to sender, but not return address was added to the package ?