ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to contact National Returns Centre?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
tnbt22

Re: How to contact National Returns Centre?

Post by tnbt22 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 15:47
Just to be clear, it is the sender who submits the lost parcel claim form.
Can you please assist with the online application form for us to complete if possible?
Thank you.

yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

tnbt22 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 15:43
Snaggletooth wrote:
Can you please assist with the online application form for us to complete if possible?
Thank you.
You can try but In the circumstances you've described (you posted it, it was not collected and is being returned to sender (but you as the sender can't be identified)), I think you're going to be lucky to get any compensation, it's in RM's T&C's
Exclusions

A summary of exclusions where compensation will not be payable for loss is set out below.

Compensation for loss will not be payable:

12. where the item is one of the following,

an undeliverable or return to sender item;
an item containing anything prohibited by law or any item listed as prohibited in the relevant United Kingdom Postal Schemes;
tnbt22

Post by tnbt22 »

yellowbelly wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:32
tnbt22 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Thank you.
You can try but In the circumstances you've described (you posted it, it was not collected and is being returned to sender (but you as the sender can't be identified)), I think you're going to be lucky to get any compensation, it's in RM's T&C's
Exclusions

A summary of exclusions where compensation will not be payable for loss is set out below.

an item containing anything prohibited by law or any item listed as prohibited in the relevant United Kingdom Postal Schemes;
i actually dont want compensation, i would want the package back. Can you advice on how to go about that?
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

tnbt22 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 17:42
yellowbelly wrote:
tnbt22 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Thank you.
Exclusions

i actually dont want compensation, i would want the package back. Can you advice on how to go about that?
Not sure that you can get an online version of the P58 form that Snaggletooth (who I think used to work in a Post Office) referred to. You
might only be able to get it in a Post Office.

Royal Mail (online) seem to want to push you to claiming compensation for a lost item (which as I said I don't think you'll get), however
as part of the process I assume you have to fill in as much detail as possible about the item and which service was used to send it.
Whether RM and the NRC use that information to try and locate the item I don't know.

If it was tracked/signed for/Special Delivery you might have a fighting chance of it being located through the tracking number,
but bear in mind there are literally thousands of items get sent to the NRC every day.

If you're good with Twitter it's sometimes better to go to the RM help Twitter account @RoyalMailHelp as they respond to it quicker
as it's publicly visible. Don't give out personal info/addresses in your first post as they'll ask you to DM them the details.
tnbt22

Post by tnbt22 »

yellowbelly wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:14
tnbt22 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
tnbt22 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Thank you.
Exclusions

Not sure that you can get an online version of the P58 form that Snaggletooth (who I think used to work in a Post Office) referred to. You

Royal Mail (online) seem to want to push you to claiming compensation for a lost item (which as I said I don't think you'll get), however
as part of the process I assume you have to fill in as much detail as possible about the item and which service was used to send it.
Whether RM and the NRC use that information to try and locate the item I don't know.

If it was tracked/signed for/Special Delivery you might have a fighting chance of it being located through the tracking number,
but bear in mind there are literally thousands of items get sent to the NRC every day.

If you're good with Twitter it's sometimes better to go to the RM help Twitter account @RoyalMailHelp as they respond to it quicker
as it's publicly visible. Don't give out personal info/addresses in your first post as they'll ask you to DM them the details.
Thanks for this, will try that too.
tnbt22

Post by tnbt22 »

yellowbelly wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:14
tnbt22 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
tnbt22 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Thank you.
Exclusions

Hi Thank you very much for your advice, it worked like magic and i have my package delivered today. God bless you.