ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stuck in customs or lost in space ??? packet from ameraica

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Malcolm1975

Post by Malcolm1975 »

im no stranger to the drill with parcels etc from america but this one is concerning me

usually i track it via usps or track17 until it lands in the uk then via royal mail tracking
it usually leaves airport and goes to where ever then national distribution centre then regional then my local office then its delivered

so via usps website i get this message

Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on October 9, 2018 at 10:10 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

with the following tracking history
October 9, 2018, 10:10 am
Departed
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on October 9, 2018 at 10:10 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 8, 2018, 7:36 pm
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

October 8, 2018, 10:17 am
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

October 8, 2018, 5:53 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 7, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility

October 6, 2018, 11:45 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
CHICAGO, IL 60668

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

Arrived at Regional Facility

October 6, 2018, 10:42 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
CHICAGO, IL 60668

October 6, 2018, 10:42 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

October 6, 2018, 2:47 am

October 6, 2018, 2:23 am
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 5, 2018, 8:05 pm
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 5, 2018, 5:44 am
TULSA OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 5, 2018, 3:47 am
OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 4, 2018, 11:26 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 4, 2018, 5:18 pm
USPS picked up item
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107

October 4, 2018, 7:31 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107 .

yet according to royal mail tracking all i get is
In Transit
Tracking no. LJ226306014US

This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK.

history is as follows

Updated on: Monday 08 October
11:53am
Item Leaving overseas
United States of America

Thursday 04 October
11:18pm
Item received at
United States of America

the item in question is a hat so nothing that needs taking apart to check it just concerns me how liong its been without uodating like i say fully aware uk customs are crazy slow sometimes but in the past it has usually moved by now

should i be concerned ???

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Don't see anything unusual there. UK customs chooses (afaik) random containers/bags of mail for closer/more detailed examination, your parcel is probably in one of them randomly chosen containers/bags
Malcolm1975

Post by Malcolm1975 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't see anything unusual there. UK customs chooses (afaik) random containers/bags of mail for closer/more detailed examination, your parcel is probably in one of them randomly chosen containers/bags
it was the firdt time i noticed different tracking information on different providers

does that mean its more likely to receive a customs charge dang it if it is
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

USPS is probably unique in their stuff getting scanned before being handed to customs. As to whether it'll be more likely to get a customs charge, your guess is as good as mine
Malcolm1975

Post by Malcolm1975 »

Thank you for your time
I'll let you know if and when it arrives
Malcolm1975

Post by Malcolm1975 »

Just a quickie at what point should I start getting concerned it isn't coming
NumbNuttz

Post by NumbNuttz »

Did you ever recieve it?

Had the same message now for 11 days, Departed a transfer airport at London etc
p1ngu

Post by p1ngu »

I'm experiencing the exact same with a parcel I am expecting from the USA. USPS says it left London, Royal Mail says it awaiting the parcel from overseas. Did your parcel ever arrive and, if so, how long did it take?
Tmlaj

Post by Tmlaj »

Hi all exact same thing with me USPS but going to Parcel Force (but should be similar process)...

My item left New York 6th Sept 6pm, updated on 7th as your item departed a transfer airport in Heathrow on route to destination, usually the US tracking number gets given a UK tracking number on Parcel Force, nothing showing on Parcel Force except for exported on the 6th as per what USPS states, I call Parcel Force nope it's not in the UK, a day later I call again they say that's impossible as we don't have a parcel Force facility at Heathrow it would need to go to Coventry only Royal Mail does, I'm assuming it was placed on a commercial flight like Delta, BS, Virgin etc. and not cargo hence why Heathrow is flagged up, so I call Royal Mail who advises me anything they receive at Heathrow for Parcel Force gets forwarded up to Coventry which is their inbound facility for international parcels.

It's strange that USPS can state an item as departing Heathrow on their own website yet RM/PF don't have that info, someone must of scanned or updated USPS with that info from this side of the pond.

I'm assuming then mines stuck in customs then will get the arrival scan once cleared customs???

Have you all received your items now? if so how did your final tracking show it's route from arrival in the UK??? arrival scan first then customs or customs scan then cleared scan then arrival scan etc.

Many thanks.
Goalsknighter

Post by Goalsknighter »

HI, I am in the exact same position as you albeit 1 day behind. My Priority Mail left Los Angeles on Sept 7 and arrived in Heathrow Sept 13. No more tracking has updated since then. I went into the post office and they showed me that their tracking info had shown that it had been taken to Parcelforce Coventry. I called Parcelforce and they are adamant that it has not been scanned into their system and that I should contact USPS. I've read that it can be a 4 - 6 week period in customs.

Keep me posted on if you get any updates on your package.

My mail is a passport application and I have notifications set up from the passport office for when they receive my paperwork.

USPS have set up an investigation and tell me to allow 35 days for them to complete their investigation and to only contact them after the 35 days has expired.
Tmlaj wrote:Hi all exact same thing with me USPS but going to Parcel Force (but should be similar process)...

My item left New York 6th Sept 6pm, updated on 7th as your item departed a transfer airport in Heathrow on route to destination, usually the US tracking number gets given a UK tracking number on Parcel Force, nothing showing on Parcel Force except for exported on the 6th as per what USPS states, I call Parcel Force nope it's not in the UK, a day later I call again they say that's impossible as we don't have a parcel Force facility at Heathrow it would need to go to Coventry only Royal Mail does, I'm assuming it was placed on a commercial flight like Delta, BS, Virgin etc. and not cargo hence why Heathrow is flagged up, so I call Royal Mail who advises me anything they receive at Heathrow for Parcel Force gets forwarded up to Coventry which is their inbound facility for international parcels.

It's strange that USPS can state an item as departing Heathrow on their own website yet RM/PF don't have that info, someone must of scanned or updated USPS with that info from this side of the pond.

I'm assuming then mines stuck in customs then will get the arrival scan once cleared customs???

Have you all received your items now? if so how did your final tracking show it's route from arrival in the UK??? arrival scan first then customs or customs scan then cleared scan then arrival scan etc.

Many thanks.
Tmlaj

Post by Tmlaj »

Goalsknighter wrote:HI, I am in the exact same position as you albeit 1 day behind. My Priority Mail left Los Angeles on Sept 7 and arrived in Heathrow Sept 13. No more tracking has updated since then. I went into the post office and they showed me that their tracking info had shown that it had been taken to Parcelforce Coventry. I called Parcelforce and they are adamant that it has not been scanned into their system and that I should contact USPS. I've read that it can be a 4 - 6 week period in customs.

Keep me posted on if you get any updates on your package.

My mail is a passport application and I have notifications set up from the passport office for when they receive my paperwork.

USPS have set up an investigation and tell me to allow 35 days for them to complete their investigation and to only contact them after the 35 days has expired.
Tmlaj wrote:Hi all exact same thing with me USPS but going to Parcel Force (but should be similar process)...

Many thanks.
I did receive my priority mail item around the 20th Sept, i did put in for a Usps request to find my parcel, onky yesterday did I get an email from them staying they've initiated my search. The problem with mine was the entire packaging was destroyed arrived in a new box woth very little of the original usps waybill remaining, luckily it had the address and tracking number.

There does seem to be a week to 10 day delay between usps stating it has left the destination airport and to it actually showing on the parcel force website.

To date I've never not received an express or priority item regardless of courier company but this was the closet too it, I've not cancelled my usps search as they've some how destroyed the packaging in transit I'll keep them busy on it!

Hopefully yours arrives soon, keep us updated!
jjbender1

Post by jjbender1 »

Hey guys, just having a browse through this thread and unfortunately I find myself in a similar situation...

Bought a pair of trainers from the US (to be sent to East London), it was shipped via USPS International service and says it has left Chicago IL distribution network, it's been 6 weeks and i'm starting to worry they're never gonna turn up. The royal mail tracking info just says 'Item received at USA' and then a day later just states 'Sender preparing item', however when I call up their tracking phone service they say they have the item (automated voice). The seller can't really do anything but says it could be stuck in customs, if anyone has had their item turn up after 6 weeks and/or finds the tracking info similar to what they experienced please let me know!

This is what the tracking info looks like (bottom to top):

In Transit to Next Facility -> Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

2020-05-09 07:13
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility

2020-04-16 18:39
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2020-04-16 17:54
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2020-04-16 03:34
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2020-04-15 17:39
ELMHURST, IL 60126, USPS in possession of item
Tmlaj

Post by Tmlaj »

jjbender1 wrote:Hey guys, just having a browse through this thread and unfortunately I find myself in a similar situation...

Bought a pair of trainers from the US (to be sent to East London), it was shipped via USPS International service and says it has left Chicago IL distribution network, it's been 6 weeks and i'm starting to worry they're never gonna turn up. The royal mail tracking info just says 'Item received at USA' and then a day later just states 'Sender preparing item', however when I call up their tracking phone service they say they have the item (automated voice). The seller can't really do anything but says it could be stuck in customs, if anyone has had their item turn up after 6 weeks and/or finds the tracking info similar to what they experienced please let me know!

In Transit to Next Facility -> Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

There has been a lot of delays globally with Covid and mail is backed up everywhere, so it could be stuck at next destination awaiting it's next scan.

With my item it's packaging was damaged in the USA luckily just enough of waybill and my address was visible for it to be re boxed and sent on.

I've had mail come in from the USA and Canada with in days, then other stuff seems to take forever during the current covid pandemic, I've sent something to Canada taken a week will be delivered tomorrow, but something from Glasgow to Surrey has taken 3 weeks so far.

I suspect your item will turn up but just some places seem to be backed up and others aren't.
jjbender1

Post by jjbender1 »

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I'm hoping you're right and it's just parcel back up and it turns up in the next few weeks.

Cheers
JasonLuxemburg

Post by JasonLuxemburg »

jjbender1 wrote:Hey guys, just having a browse through this thread and unfortunately I find myself in a similar situation...

I'm in the same boat. Tracking on USPS shows as:
"Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on May 7, 2020 at 10:11 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

But the Royal Mail tracking says:
"This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK." with no more updates since 6th May.

Anyone else had similar issues, and had parcels turn up eventually?