ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman didn't ring doorbell

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Re: Postman didn't ring doorbell

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Ellie49 wrote:
16 Dec 2016, 17:02
Yes, I understand all that. Please also understand that when you have taken a day off work specially and you almost miss getting the parcel it drives the recipient mad!
There was no attempt to leave the parcel with either neighbour - I've just checked after reading what you said. Perhaps she was in a hurry having lots of deliveries to do? I don't know, only that she knocked (I assume) didn't ring the bell, didn't try neighbours, was still near enough for me to race after and get my parcel - small and light, by the way, just too big to go in the letterbox.
Not my usual postie, by the way - he leaves any parcels tucked out of sight in the front porch. Before you say anything - I accept full responsibility if anything were to go missing that had been left there.
Maybe best getting items sent to a post office counter instead? so that you can pick them up at your leisure. No chance of missing them then.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Norfolk 'N' Chance wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 18:11
Maybe best getting items sent to a post office counter instead? so that you can pick them up at your leisure. No chance of missing them then.
Do you mean Poste Restante? It is only a temporary solution:

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/poste-restante
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Snaggletooth wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 07:57
Norfolk 'N' Chance wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 18:11
Do you mean Poste Restante? It is only a temporary solution:

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/poste-restante
Not sure? all I know is that I do LAT's daily and most days I have at least one of four local town and village post offices where I drop off parcels for customers to collect. The address label has the customers name and the something like "Counter Collection" and the post office address. No idea how you book it... but its definately a thing. I had 13 parcels for one customer all to a rural PO recently.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

There are a whole variety of schemes. There are parcels that have been redirected from the DO at customer request, or if on Amazon you can choose some POs as a collection point, to give two examples. However, except for Poste Restante all of these are big corporate schemes and someone is paying for it.