ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing mail - Please help!

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Retromeo

Missing mail - Please help!

Post by Retromeo »

Hey everyone,
I'm at my wits end at the moment due to the mail.

I understand that the strike action was just and I fully support it, so I'm not complaining about that at all and understand that delays are fully expected. However, since the start of August, I've been sent 19 parcels. These are DVD-sized jiffy bags containing video games, as I'm a freelance game reviewer, and the game publishers and my employer send me titles to review.

Only 2 of them have actually arrived.

I've ordered two items last week via eBay, and these have yet to arrive - despite being dispatched on the day that I ordered them.

I don't know what's happening to the items, but I'm guessing for them all to be going missing that they're either being stolen from the lobby of my flat (there are four small postboxes here, and jiffy bags are left on top of them, or on the floor...although the lobby is behind a security door) or they aren't getting that far.

I phone customer services, and they say that I should get proof of posting or have the items sent recorded delivery. The only problem with this is that the game publishers just will not send items via recorded delivery. They batch up thirty or forty titles to go to various media outlets, and taking just one of them and sending it recorded seems to be a lot of hassle for them.

I was thinking of getting a PO Box, just in case it is something that is happening at my end. Is that a good idea? What else can I do? Does anyone have any suggestions? In short, this is putting me out of a job and I'm at the end of my tether with it :(

Thanks in advance,
R

piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by piranha »

A PO Box will cost yo atleast 50 quid a year, sounds to me like theyre
being nicked by someone in your block of flats, although they may be
held up in the backlog, where do the games come from? Liverpool, SE
London and a few others havent gone back off strike yet!! Have a word
with your postie and ask em to leave a card if youre not in for the games
instead of leaving them in the hall....
pickaname

Post by pickaname »

If you dont like it get another job...

only joking...starting to believe that statement myself ive heard it so much...
Post Off

Post by Post Off »

The postie shouldn't be leaving them anywhere without (officially) having the recipient's a written agreement.

Your best bet is to take advantage of one of Royal Mail's collection services...

Collection Services

Incidentally, if someone is thieving your stuff within the Royal Mail pipe-line, then paying for a P.O. Box service maybe a complete waste of money, as it is still delivered along with regular mail all the way up to the postie, who will then sort it up to a separate sort frame -- as I do.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!

Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
IWW Fellow Worker

Re: Missing mail - Please help!

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

Retromeo wrote:Hey everyone,
I'm at my wits end at the moment due to the mail.

I understand that the strike action was just and I fully support it, so I'm not complaining about that at all and understand that delays are fully expected. However, since the start of August, I've been sent 19 parcels. These are DVD-sized jiffy bags containing video games, as I'm a freelance game reviewer, and the game publishers and my employer send me titles to review.

Only 2 of them have actually arrived.

I've ordered two items last week via eBay, and these have yet to arrive - despite being dispatched on the day that I ordered them.

I don't know what's happening to the items, but I'm guessing for them all to be going missing that they're either being stolen from the lobby of my flat (there are four small postboxes here, and jiffy bags are left on top of them, or on the floor...although the lobby is behind a security door) or they aren't getting that far.

I phone customer services, and they say that I should get proof of posting or have the items sent recorded delivery. The only problem with this is that the game publishers just will not send items via recorded delivery. They batch up thirty or forty titles to go to various media outlets, and taking just one of them and sending it recorded seems to be a lot of hassle for them.

I was thinking of getting a PO Box, just in case it is something that is happening at my end. Is that a good idea? What else can I do? Does anyone have any suggestions? In short, this is putting me out of a job and I'm at the end of my tether with it :(

Thanks in advance,
R
First off, you should encourage the senders to fill in a form P58. I'm not saying this is the case, but if there is some light fingered piece of scum knocking about, he just might be highlighted by people filling in these forms. No one likes a thief and in this job, honesty is everything.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
ROCKY

Post by ROCKY »

if you have a friend you can trust have all your stuff sent to their house or place of work,different postie no thieving neighbours
madelin4

Post by madelin4 »

If i was you i would contact your delivery office and ask them to set up a "Call & Collect for you, that way you go in each day and collect it.. good luck.
opgpat

Post by opgpat »

If so many are going missing then it's no coincidence and someone very close to your delivery point is nicking them either your postie or neighbour. Simple solution is to secure your post box - that's the only way you can tell if they are being delivered. If not possible leave a note for postie saying not to delivery any packets but to leave a form. Send yourself some replica packets from a local box and see what happens. If none show up speak to your postie about it. Take a trip to your local Delivery Office and insist on speaking to your posties manager. From 10am onwards is a good time.