ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

strikes

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
L Tommo

Post by L Tommo »

We make a stand.... This is our right!!!

We had a ballot and RM pull the strings because they have the goverment and media on side...

We get chucked from pillar to post and back again because we stand up for our convictions.....

RM just lie and bully....

We in my OFFICE went on UNOFFICAL strike action because,,, RM forced working practises in by Excecutive action... FORCED like animals...

Not talked over but made... We have agreements in place that the union and rm agreed with in a IA framework... RM go against this agreement when it pleases them all the time...

WE FIGHT BACK.,,, ONLY WAY WE KNOW HOW.... SORRY BUT THATS THE TRUTH.... PUT UP WITH IT.... THE GREATER GOOD IS BEING FOUGHT OVER HERE,,, NOT JUST LETTERS NOW... BUT IN THE FUTURE OF OUR JOBS AND THIS 360+YR OLD SERVICE WE ALWAYS DONE FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRYS!!!

out :crazy:
L TOMMO.... ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM........

EAST LONDON MAIL CENTER-ISHHHH

L Tommo

Post by L Tommo »

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
yaba wrote:I know I know, I'm not disputing that, what I'm trying to say is that how far do you take the striking action? If you all went on strike illegally for the whole of next week, what would the outcome be?

Are you MI5 or Special Branch?

More like MFI more like....

yaba

Post by yaba »

Who's getting hurt at the end of it though? It's not the management is it? The government might lose a few quid, but I don't think they're that bothered. Do you? They want rid of you, right or wrong that's wat they want.

I'll say it again and elaborate a little more, I'm with you in principle, and I think that rm should remain a public service, not a plc, but along with that public services should have more restrictions on how they can strike compared to a plc, as at the end of the day the public (main customer, person or other plc) loses out.
L Tommo

Post by L Tommo »

WE ARE THE WORKERS AND THE PEOPLE WHO USE THIS SERVICE AS YOU DO.....

THIS IS A FACT... WE LOSE OUT TWICE INFACT..... NO MAIL... NO PAY.... .. But if we dont fight RM and Postcomm and the establishment...

YOU OR I WONT HAVE A SERVICE OR JOB LEFT...

WE ALL LOSE.... SO BACK US AND BACK SOMETHING WE ALL FIGHT FOR....

IWW Fellow Worker

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

yaba wrote:Who's getting hurt at the end of it though? It's not the management is it? The government might lose a few quid, but I don't think they're that bothered. Do you? They want rid of you, right or wrong that's wat they want.

I'll say it again and elaborate a little more, I'm with you in principle, and I think that rm should remain a public service, not a plc, but along with that public services should have more restrictions on how they can strike compared to a plc, as at the end of the day the public (main customer, person or other plc) loses out.
You sound like some sort of 'manager' to me. We'll strike whenever we think there's something worth striking for. Of course, if you had read this messageboard, you would know that we don't need to strike to put pressure on the government or their stooges.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
dbvern

Post by dbvern »

yaba wrote:Who's getting hurt at the end of it though? It's not the management is it? The government might lose a few quid, but I don't think they're that bothered. Do you? They want rid of you, right or wrong that's wat they want.

yaba i don't quite thnk you grasp the point of being in a union. We PAY to be in the CWU so we want them to work FOR us. Would you be happy if you had been in a job for 30 + years and paying into what was once a good pension and looking forward to retireing at 60 [if possible]. Then R/M take a holiday from paying into this pension because they tell us there was to much money in it. Meanwhile we all have to carry on paying into it...no holiday for us. THEN we find there is now not enough money in the fund so R/M want to close it down instead of putting back the money they should have payed in. You couldn't make it up......i couldn't give a flying toss what our union recomends, if they have not sorted this pension stuff out .......... I VOTE NO ! ! :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there
yaba

Post by yaba »

dbvern wrote:

yaba i don't quite thnk you grasp the point of being in a union. We PAY to be in the CWU so we want them to work FOR us. Would you be happy if you had been in a job for 30 + years and paying into what was once a good pension and looking forward to retireing at 60 [if possible]. Then R/M take a holiday from paying into this pension because they tell us there was to much money in it. Meanwhile we all have to carry on paying into it...no holiday for us. THEN we find there is now not enough money in the fund so R/M want to close it down instead of putting back the money they should have payed in. You couldn't make it up......i couldn't give a flying toss what our union recomends, if they have not sorted this pension stuff out .......... I VOTE NO ! ! :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there :so there

but your union continues to fund the people you claim to be fighting. that's hypocrisy at it's highest.
dbvern

Post by dbvern »

yaba wrote:
dbvern wrote:

but your union continues to fund the people you claim to be fighting. that's hypocrisy at it's highest.
MMMMMMMMM yaba! you must be a manager me thinks :roll: Read my post again and tell me i am wrong to fight for this. You either have a cushy little pension YOU ARE HAPPY WITH, or you are weak and will not stand up for something you believe in. We are being robbed my R/M and are being made to pay for their mistakes so why should we just accept it ? :mad :sad: :no no
yaba

Post by yaba »

dbvern wrote:
yaba wrote:
dbvern wrote:

MMMMMMMMM yaba! you must be a manager me thinks :roll: Read my post again and tell me i am wrong to fight for this. You either have a cushy little pension YOU ARE HAPPY WITH, or you are weak and will not stand up for something you believe in. We are being robbed my R/M and are being made to pay for their mistakes so why should we just accept it ? :mad :sad: :no no

You would be much better off putting that money into a high interest account and taking the advice of a financial advisor, or would that put too much responsibility on you to make sure you didn't spend it?
IWW Fellow Worker

You've upset the screw now Tommo! :wink:

yaba

Post by yaba »

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:You've upset the screw now Tommo! :wink:
You really can't do better than insult people who disagree with you can you? The lowest of the low.
IWW Fellow Worker

yaba wrote:
You really can't do better than insult people who disagree with you can you? The lowest of the low.
I know you are, but you just keep coming back for more like the daft sod you are.

yaba

Post by yaba »

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
yaba wrote:
I know you are, but you just keep coming back for more like the daft sod you are.

I know 5 year olds that could construct a better response than that.
IWW Fellow Worker

yaba wrote:
IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
yaba wrote:

I'll bet you do.

yaba

Post by yaba »

IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
yaba wrote:
IWW Fellow Worker wrote:
yaba wrote:

I'll bet you do.

Maybe that's where you get the inspiration from. Can't imagine you pulling anything older, or even making conversation.