ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail Going Missing, Not Turning Up.Suspect its bein hijacked

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
craigsinger

Mail Going Missing, Not Turning Up.Suspect its bein hijacked

Post by craigsinger »

Hello,

I believe my mail is being hidden and destroyed before it reaches me.

I recently sent three items to my girlfriends address. Items I won off ebay from three different people

None of these have arrived, which makes me very suspicious so i contacted all three sellers and they say they have all been sent.

I believe it may be my girlfriends mums boyfriend. Who lives at that address. I know i do not reside there but i believe the law states its a crime to open or hide, destroy etc anyone elses mail without there consent or knowledge. Im going to attemp to send a letter to myself and see what happens.

Can anyone provide me with more info on the laws for this? I want to get it cleared up. Im 100% certain he is responsible as he doesnt like me at all, but obviously need proof.

Thanks for your help

Pochahontas
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Mail Going Missing, Not Turning Up.Suspect its bein hija

Post by Pochahontas »

craigsinger wrote:Hello,

I believe my mail is being hidden and destroyed before it reaches me.

I recently sent three items to my girlfriends address. Items I won off ebay from three different people

None of these have arrived, which makes me very suspicious so i contacted all three sellers and they say they have all been sent.

I believe it may be my girlfriends mums boyfriend. Who lives at that address. I know i do not reside there but i believe the law states its a crime to open or hide, destroy etc anyone elses mail without there consent or knowledge. Im going to attemp to send a letter to myself and see what happens.

Can anyone provide me with more info on the laws for this? I want to get it cleared up. Im 100% certain he is responsible as he doesnt like me at all, but obviously need proof.

Thanks for your help
There are mountains of work - in our office all packets were stored - none were sorted since we resumed on Wednesday. Don't despair it may well turn up. Keep checking on here for information on the backlog - if you could give us an idea of where your stuff is coming from may be a postie at the local Mail Centre and Delivery office can give you a realistic view as to when your items will turn up?
Gob for the job and mouth of the south!!!
craigsinger

Post by craigsinger »

Hi, this aint recent.. this is three different packets that were sent about 10th september and then near the end of september.
Pochahontas
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Pochahontas »

craigsinger wrote:Hi, this aint recent.. this is three different packets that were sent about 10th september and then near the end of september.
In that case it is an offense to tamper with mail and to open or destroy mail packets of anyone who isn't the recipient = firstly phone up the Royal Mail customer services - or go to the local police station and see what they have to say about it.
Gob for the job and mouth of the south!!!
craigsinger

Post by craigsinger »

thanks for your reply... i will indeed follow this up as the items were presents and this is causing a great deal of distress to me. can anyone provide me with the links to the law for this? thanks
Trends Guild

Post by Trends Guild »

craigsinger wrote:thanks for your reply... i will indeed follow this up as the items were presents and this is causing a great deal of distress to me. can anyone provide me with the links to the law for this? thanks
Section 84: Interfering with the mail: general

127. Section 84(1) provides for it to be an offence if persons intentionally delay or open postal packets without reasonable excuse. It amalgamates the content of offences previously included in the Post Office Act 1953.

128. Subsection (3) makes it an offence for a person, intending to act to a person's detriment and without reasonable excuse, to open a postal packet which he knows or suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.

129. Subsections (2) and (4) specify a number of cases that are not to be regarded as offences under the section.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/en2000/00en26-b.htm
smudger54

Post by smudger54 »

If you suspect your mail to her is being stolen or opened, contact Royal Mail Customer Care on 08457 740 740 and give them as much info as poss dates/place posted ect. They may be able to help you or to be sneaky and send it registered if he signs for it and your girlfriend still does not recive it you have his signature on record then he can get done.
Network Driver;nights.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Send it recorded/registered and see what happens.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
IWW Fellow Worker

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

If you're the sender, get a P58 form from a Post Office (if there are any still left open where you live) fill it in and hand it back over the counter. You might hear nothing, but on the other hand, you might be highlighting a problem which could be sorted out.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."