ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Need Help Please it's urgent.

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
saaj2210

Need Help Please

Post by saaj2210 »

Hi
I need help in finding my recorded delevery package which has been lost since september 2011.It was sent by home office to my solicitor with the recorded delivery but the package never arrived at the office and no body has signed for it,i checked by tracking number and its not been delivered.
I called home office and they have not receive back the package and now they asked me to fill the form p58 which i did but so far no reply i dont know where to look for it.
it consist of me and my wife passport and my educational certificate.
please some body help me how to find my documents back where to look for it and whom to contact.
i see on the web that lost and undelivered post goes to RLB Belfast,how can i contact them...
Please need help.

saaj2210

Need Help Please it's urgent.

Post by saaj2210 »

Hi
I need help in finding my recorded delevery package which has been lost since september 2011.It was sent by home office to my solicitor with the recorded delivery but the package never arrived at the office and no body has signed for it,i checked by tracking number and its not been delivered.
I called home office and they have not receive back the package and now they asked me to fill the form p58 which i did but so far no reply i dont know where to look for it.
it consist of me and my wife passport and my educational certificate.
please some body help me how to find my documents back where to look for it and whom to contact.
i see on the web that lost and undelivered post goes to RLB Belfast,how can i contact them...
Please need help.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Need Help Please

Post by Lounge Lizard »

As the Home Office sent the item it's their responsibility to make due amends if it's gone missing, payment for replacements and compensation for lost documents, etc.
Over six months on there's sadly little chance of it turning up now and it's beyond the timescale for the Home Office in turn to make a claim from Royal Mail.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Need Help Please it's urgent.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

As the Home Office sent the item it's their responsibility to make due amends if it's gone missing, payment for replacements and compensation for lost documents, etc.
Over six months on there's sadly little chance of it turning up now and it's beyond the timescale for the Home Office in turn to make a claim from Royal Mail.
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

It's also very unlikely it's in Belfast because first of all a Home Office document is likely to have a return address and secondly if it did end up in Belfast it wouldn't take long to find the owner of the document if it contains your passport.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
saaj2210

Post by saaj2210 »

home office send me the letter and ask me to make my new documents,but the problem is its contain my valuable education certificate and its a big pain to make a duplicate passport from indian embassy.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Lounge Lizard »

fishtank wrote:It's also very unlikely it's in Belfast because first of all a Home Office document is likely to have a return address and secondly if it did end up in Belfast it wouldn't take long to find the owner of the document if it contains your passport.
I agree, most unlikely it's there but the address is CUSTOMER SERVICES, ROYAL MAIL, 20 DONEGALL QUAY, BELFAST, COUNTY ANTRIM, BT1 1AA
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

It would only have been sent to RLB if it was undeliverable and there was no return address on it. If it's gone to RLB, they will check inside for anything to identify the sender like a letter head for example. It will make it's way back to the sender, unfortunately this does take some time. You really should chase this up with the sender.