ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail claiming stamps re-used???

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
applefrommars

Royal Mail claiming stamps re-used???

Post by applefrommars »

Hi, I sell on the internet so send out quite a lot of post. always taken to the Post Office. Usually use plastic wrapping so avoid rips. Normal stamps don't stick to plastic very well, so I stick them to paper labels, then stick those on the package. Post Office staff happy with this. Recently, two buyers have been surcharged by Royal Mail and had to collect their items from a depot, because Royal Mail claims stamps being re-used!!!! Royal Mail Customer Services say this shouldn't have happened, but postmen are busy and sometimes make mistakes???? If they're all so busy, why are they examining stamps so closely and then making false accusations about them? Their action is extremely damaging to my feedback and so affects future sales :sad:

Jay

Post by Jay »

I can see where your coming from and how upsetting it is but what I do if I post some thing out in plastic wrapping is to get the post office to print the postage paid label with there machine or use the new sticky back stamps which are fine on plastic.

HTH
applefrommars

Post by applefrommars »

Thank you. I do use sticky stamps where I can, but they don't make them for the full range of values. My question was really about the Royal Mail staff and why they seem to think it's OK to behave like this????
Jay

Post by Jay »

This practise from what I can make out starts out at the mail centre's and is not done at your local delivery office where the posties are flat out and just don't have time to worry about so called re-used stamps. In saying this we have to do as we are told from above and have to collect the money owing on these items and in some cases it is wrong like your cases.

In your local PO can they not print out the postage labels for you when you put them on the scales to combat this at the time of posting.

If you are a big poster I think you may be better off setting up a postage deal with RM and print off your own postage labels, just an idea really.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Obviously a mess up from the Mail Centre,a lot of it doesn't make sense.
Perhaps sticking them to paper labels has been seen as dodgy, a petty Postman me thinks.
But the numnut would of seen that the stamps weren't used,seems they're trying to be too clever.

Like Jay says get the P O to print out the postage labels,you can't go wrong there.
No good for now,but it can't go wrong in the future.
No doubt you get proof of posting,you should be able to use that to prove what you have done,and get a refund for your customers.

bernie012

Post by bernie012 »

In our office we have little yellow stickers stuck to the envelope and have to write out our own surcharge cards, what a pain in the a**e this is i know a lot of posties who just pull it off and deliver as normal also a lot of surcharged items that seem o.k weight/size. :shock:
applefrommars

Post by applefrommars »

Why are the Mail Centre staff doing this??? Do they have targets to meet or are they just being malicious??? :d'oh!
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

applefrommars wrote:Why are the Mail Centre staff doing this??? Do they have targets to meet or are they just being malicious??? :d'oh!
Not sure bout targets,they can't stitch anyone up just for the sake of it,i think you've just been unlucky :neutral:
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

bernie012 wrote:In our office we have little yellow stickers stuck to the envelope and have to write out our own surcharge cards, what a pain in the a**e this is i know a lot of posties who just pull it off and deliver as normal also a lot of surcharged items that seem o.k weight/size. :shock:
Ours are already done for us,sometimes we miss them and accidentally deliver them though :whistle
Especially the 5p ones or so that will cost the customer £1.5+ :shock: and they're a birthday card or summin like that.
This is such a grey area,i mean who should get the charge?,personally i think it's too high,but if the sender has an rts then they should be billed.
I know our guys in the callers office get grief cause of it,customers ranting an all,Jay?
Jay

Post by Jay »

I get all sorts having a moan about them but you just have to keep your cool :crazy:

I had a teacher the other day who was a right one and started counting pennies out as a protest and saying " I'm I winding you up ", oh no don't be silly I said and then told her the best is yet to come :Very Happy

She counted all her pennies out taking around 5 minutes only to be told to put them back in her purse and she can have it for free. She said are you winding me up and I said I told you the best is yet to come :funneh :dance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

POSTMAN wrote:
bernie012 wrote:I know our guys in the callers office get grief cause of it,customers ranting an all,Jay?[/color]

I work occasionally at our callers office and just before christmas a guy threw the money at me hitting me in the chest, and calling me a f****** thief. I suppose we were as he threw what he thought was a £1 coin but it was a £2.
applefrommars

Post by applefrommars »

Of course no-one can condone rudeness or violence :no no but I do have sympathy with the recipients of surcharged post. Why can't it be returned to the sender?? Possibly because then the sender would have the packaging to prove the Mail Centre's error, making a claim against Royal Mail more likely to succeed???
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

applefrommars wrote:Of course no-one can condone rudeness or violence :no no but I do have sympathy with the recipients of surcharged post. Why can't it be returned to the sender?? Possibly because then the sender would have the packaging to prove the Mail Centre's error, making a claim against Royal Mail more likely to succeed???
LOL i can see you're not gonna let this lie,what's the latest with applegate :angel
Alex

Post by Alex »

applefrommars wrote:Of course no-one can condone rudeness or violence :no no but I do have sympathy with the recipients of surcharged post. Why can't it be returned to the sender??
Probably because the sort of person who doesn't put enough stamps on their letters is also the sort of person who doesn't put a return address on their letters either. Also that would delay the post even more than it already is by surcharging.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:oops: Oops saw this on-line at Yorkshire Post:

"Workers at the Birds Eye factory in Hull only received official notice of the shock decision to shut their place of work on Saturday – three days after the news was released to the media.
And when staff finally got the note telling them they would soon be jobless they faced a charge on delivery because managers had not paid the right postage.
Apologetic Birds Eye managers blame Royal Mail for the mix-up – and are demanding an apology for the incident, which left staff feeling that they had been given the cold shoulder by bosses.
The firm said the letters were meant to arrive last Thursday before the news was released to the media.
But Birds Eye claims that it was given incorrect advice by Royal Mail over likely costs because of a new charging system, leading to the letters being sent with insufficient stamps.
Birds Eye described the demand some workers have received for a payment for delivery as "rubbing salt into the wounds".
Royal Mail was unavailable for comment." :roll: