ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting A Home Collection for Paperless R48 (disability issues)

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Nessa

Getting A Home Collection for Paperless R48 (disability issues)

Post by Nessa »

Hi all,

I am trying to return a reasonably expensive item to an online shop. They offer R48 Paperless returns via Royal Mail. I’ve been given a QR code to take to a Post Office, where apparently they'll scan the QR code and print out the label before sending it off.

I’m disabled and am going to have problems making it to the Post Office. I don’t have anybody who can go for me. I’ve previously successfully returned items by a Royal Mail pickup from my home, so would like to try that in this case.

A customer service advisor at the company is helping me, but we can’t figure out if it’s possible to arrange a home collection with this system.

What I have so far is that QR code and my parcel tracking number. I have entered the parcel tracking number into the Click And Drop website here (https://send.royalmail.com/collect/youritems) and it does say the item is eligible for free collection. However, I don’t have any way to extract the address from the QR code. I was hoping that I could do “Bring My Label” and the postie would bring it, but it says on the Royal Mail website that: “We can only bring labels to you for domestic non-return parcels.”
(https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... printer%3F)

Can you think of any way to sort this?

I would quite happily pay for the return, it’s only a small parcel and I know that in that case I would get the item picked up. The problem is that the returns are handled by ReBound, and I suspect they’re expecting the parcel to have the label that was generated in the company returns portal - anything else is probably going to get lost in the system.

Thanks for any help!

BenacreNick

Re: Getting A Home Collection for Paperless R48 (disability issues)

Post by BenacreNick »

I don't really think this will work with just a QR code on a parcel Nessa.

If I was collecting your parcel 📦 , firstly I would need an address label to scan (with my pda on the doorstep) which will then show the item has been collected.

Secondly if the parcel was collected with just a QR code, how is the parcel going to reach it's intended destination ?

Surely without an address it would be "returned to the sender" ?

Perhaps you could ask for help from a neighbour or family member ?
snailmailsdead

Re: Getting A Home Collection for Paperless R48 (disability issues)

Post by snailmailsdead »

Most retailers will try to help a customer, it is after all in our interests to retain and grow your loyalty. I strongly suspect they have encountered this before and will have a solution in place with another provider for times like these.If not, suggest it. We use one of the courier firms for returns, they will collect on up to three attempts, print the label and if necessary package the item, so the service or similar exists.