ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No red card

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
quarky

No red card

Post by quarky »

I live in a block of flats and have enormous problems receiving deliveries. Royal Mail is usually fine as the postie comes into the building and knocks on my flat door, but today that didn't happen. My tracking link says there was a failed delivery attempt. I've checked outside the building and all around the ground floor and mail room and there is no card left. I don't have an email either.

If the same happens with the redelivery attempt, is there any way I can get my parcel with just ID and no card? Alternatively, now I've given RM my email as part of rearranging delivery for Monday, will they send me an email I can use to pick up? I'll try to track down the postie when they retry on Monday but the layout of the building means I can't monitor both entrances at the same time, and the intercom rarely works.

Feeling quite anxious as it's an expensive purchase. Seller sent it special delivery next day guaranteed.

manboss

Re: No red card

Post by manboss »

Usually you would need to have the card and ID but if you haven't had one, then i would just take photo ID when collecting from the office and see what they say. Have you actually rearranged delivery for Monday? because if it was the first attempt today, they will automatically try tomorrow.

Tbh, it might not be your regular postie and they couldn't get access to your building, so were unable to leave a card.
quarky

Post by quarky »

Yes, I rearranged for Monday because I definitely won't be in tomorrow.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Possibly not your usual postie today? They might have arrived after the trades button switched off for the day
manboss

Post by manboss »

quarky wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 18:42
Yes, I rearranged for Monday because I definitely won't be in tomorrow.
I was going to say then, try going to the DO in the morning and see if you can get it then? most offices are open 8-12 on Saturdays, check your own DO times though.
quarky

Post by quarky »

I don't have a long enough period of free time tomorrow morning to get to the DO and back again. If the next delivery fails I could go Tuesday. You think they'll give it to me then without a card if I explain there's nowhere for posties to leave a card outside my building?

The guy in charge of the building is obsessed with security and keeping everyone out so I don't think he'd allow a trades button. I think the usual postie must have a key.

Ideally I'd like to pick it up from a post office but I don't want to get it stuck there as I don't have a red card for collection.
quarky

Post by quarky »

I'm awake early. Parcel tracking says in transit. Does that mean it's at the DO?
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

What is the SPD tracking reference number please ?