ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cutlery Knives Advice

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
moomingirl

Cutlery Knives Advice

Post by moomingirl »

Hi All

I understand that sending bladed items is now prohibited, the ban also seems to extend to ordinary table knives too. What I have read suggests that the only way these can be sent is using an age verification service is that correct? If so is this the Special Delivery Age Verification service?

Any Ideas.

Thanks
Weeze

manboss

Re: Cutlery Knives Advice

Post by manboss »

No, You wouldn't be able to use Special Delivery. As far as i understand you can only use the Tracked 24/48 with age verification service for knives, and those options are only available using Royalmail's online Click&Drop service.

The information is on Royalmail's website.
moomingirl

Post by moomingirl »

Yes, it states on RM website that you have to use age verification BUT not if it is RM48/24 or Special Del. On my dashboard I can only see age verification on SD, hence my thinking that it must be SD. I will check it out again and see why I am not seeing the RM24/48 option.

Thanks
manboss

Post by manboss »

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... -customers

If you follow the link and then on that page, click on Bladed items, it tells you what you need to do and follow the link there to the Click&Drop site, and it will show you the age verification services.

The link below, shows you all the services via Click&Drop, you can see, Special Delivery isn't a age verification service.

https://send.royalmail.com/send/service ... ightUnit=G
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Personally, if I needed these items, i would order and then actually collect in store.
Rve83ndxd

Post by Rve83ndxd »

manboss wrote:
18 Apr 2024, 14:32
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... -customers

If you follow the link and then on that page, click on Bladed items, it tells you what you need to do and follow the link there to the Click&Drop site, and it will show you the age verification services.

The link below, shows you all the services via Click&Drop, you can see, Special Delivery isn't a age verification service.

https://send.royalmail.com/send/service ... ightUnit=G
Most of my age verification deliverys are SD. Not sure why it is not on there.
manboss

Post by manboss »

Rve83ndxd wrote:
21 Apr 2024, 08:54
Most of my age verification deliverys are SD. Not sure why it is not on there.
I've honestly never seen or heard of an SD needing ID or a year of birth recording, having said that, maybe its a service only offered to business customers? I don't know.