ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

In flight request

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Postiewotleft
EX ROYAL MAIL

In flight request

Post by Postiewotleft »

Hi, I used to be a Mail Center worker, for over 22 Years, and loved it. However I have very little experience with delivery.
I have a question regarding "inflight request"
Recently I have paid for Special Delivery via the Royal Mail App.
There is, or rather there is supposed to be a facility to change delivery options once the item has been scanned into the system. Up until recently this has only been possible once the item has reached the delivery office and the Postman has taken it out for delivery.
I really need the item to be sent to a Post Office for collectoin as opposed to coming to my address.
Two days ago I asked a friend if I could use his address instead of mine because I could not seem to access the inflight option.
This time however as soon as my item showed on the system I was able to divert it to a Post Office and Collect it from there.
I did note, there has been an upgrade to the app recently l, so perhaps that's why I could do an inflight delivery option change earlier.
My question is.
Is it possible to do an inflight delivery option change earlier than when the delivery postie has scanned the item at the frame and taken it out for delivery, or was I just lucky to have been able to do it this once??

We are having some building work done on our house and we currently have no front door, it's boarded up and the property inst always occupied so it's impossible for the Postman to make a delivery, or leave a something for you card, this is why I'm paying for Special Delivery on important items so I have the option to divert them to a Post Office when they're on route. But at the moment I can't access this service at the reciving Mail Center only once the delivery postie has it.
Thanks for your help.

BenacreNick

Re: In flight request

Post by BenacreNick »

I didn't know you could arrange an inflight request for SPD items.

I thought it was only tracked items.

However, I wouldn't be scanning SPD items, as it would be scanned by staff in the locker instead. :cuppa

SPD staff would be able to answer your question and help with your enquiry.
clashcityrocker

Re: In flight request

Post by clashcityrocker »

I thought once you had a Tracking number you could make an inflight request.
Why not phone up Robin Hood