ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Guaranteed Delivery 9am Saturday Returned to Sender

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Gwtmh

Guaranteed Delivery 9am Saturday Returned to Sender

Post by Gwtmh »

On Friday 12/4 I posted a small bubble envelope Guaranteed Next Day 9am with additional fee for delivery on Saturday 13/4. Cost £32.95. Shocking amount.

This morning it reached the local delivery office at 6:35am and at 7:16am was marked "Incorrectly addressed, returned to sender". It was correctly addressed to a building containing a ground, middle and top floor apartment. One main entry door with buzzer entry to each individual owner. Three individual owner doors inside. I did not put which flat location it was and the residents have been there for several years so there should have been no issue.

Just checked my post office receipt and at the Address Verified?part it says N. The number and postcode are noted on the receipt.

Who is at fault here? No attempt was even made to deliver.

I'd appreciate any advice re a claim.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Guaranteed Delivery 9am Saturday Returned to Sender

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If the flat location (floor) wasn't written on the envelope, it may well have been that the regular postie wasn't doing the walk that covers the address today. The postie covering the walk won't know who's on which floor.
Gwtmh

Post by Gwtmh »

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that might be the case. You'd think he could have taken it on his route anyway and checked the nameplate on each door. A good clue lol. I'll submit a claim to get my postage refunded although that doesn't help the upset recipient that's been let down.
Deadly

Post by Deadly »

It could possibly still be at the delivery office if the recipient can get there sharpish with some ID.
gfte

Post by gfte »

Gwtmh wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 09:32
he could have taken it on his route anyway and checked the nameplate on each door.
Not quite, we have to deliver to the address, not the name. Special deliveries especially we have to get right. It sounds to me the item had an incomplete address and was treated correctly.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

The building has three flats but one front door. The address on the item does not state which flat.

Let’s say the postie goes there, tries the bell / intercom for each flat and gets no reply from any of them. The postie then has to leave a “while you were out” card, they can only leave one, which postbox do they put it into? There is no good answer to that. Therefore I have to agree, this was not properly addressed.

I used to live in a flat with a very similar arrangement and everything always came with the flat number on.
Gwtmh

Post by Gwtmh »

There is a letterbox at the side of the main door. There is also timed access for 'services' to enter the property by door entry system. On the ground floor reception hall the postman leaves mail on a writing bureau for all three residents. He could have gained access by 9am on the timed entry system. I did not have the flat location but the postman could have at least left a calling card to say urgent mail at depot. Just your luck whether you get a jobsworth or a postie like mine who is lovely and deserves his twice yearly tips in thanks.
Gwtmh

Post by Gwtmh »

What does the latest tracking info mean. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

My guess is the postie has scanned it as address incomplete - because it was.
This has automatically generated the "return to sender"

It hasn't been RTS as it is still at the office as the last scan shows.
Therefore it can possibly be collected or a redelivery arranged with appropriate arrangements put in place to aid the postie locate the correct recipient.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
Gwtmh

Post by Gwtmh »

Great, thanks for the reply!
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

At 7:16, the postie won't have yet been given this SPD item, it would still be in the SPD locker room until at least 7:30.

So the postie may not been responsible for what happened to this item ? :cuppa

CSP is Customer Service Point, so I would try there first.
Gwtmh

Post by Gwtmh »

Thank you for that!
Kwaku Agyapong

Returned to Sender

Post by Kwaku Agyapong »

So I bought some stuff online (outside Uk) 🇬🇧
and it got Uk 21st April 2024, it showed as “Return to Sender” and I don’t understand why. Royal Mail did not even attempt delivery and they want to rerun to sender, how does it work like that. Please help get my parcel
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Is the destination in the SO postcode area? If it is then it's most likely someone had their scanner on the wrong mode
Kwaku Agyapong

Post by Kwaku Agyapong »

Yes I live 45 minutes drive from Southampton