ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked 24 delayed since Tuesday

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Stinkycat22

Tracked 24 delayed since Tuesday

Post by Stinkycat22 »

My tracking 24 item was supposed to get delivered on Tuesday morning.
From the tracking I see it was scanned around 5.48am at my local MC, Chelmsford MC, ready to go to the DO.

It was never delivered and tracking still says that it's been scanned at Chelmsford and it's gonna be sent to my DO.

I assumed on Tuesday morning it got scanned kind of late and maybe it missed the time to be loaded on the truck with the post destined for where I live in Essex (about 20 mins away by car from Chelmsford). But then it's still stuck at that last scan and apparently still at Chelmsford.
I've had other tracked post and a special delivery delivered in the meantime and all go through Chelmsford of course. Service update never showed issues with the MC and they clearly are processing stuff fine.
Now, if I contact RM they won't be able to say anything other than how and when to claim from the sender. I will contact the sender by Monday if nothing happens still by then to see if they can resend the item.

Just wondering what your ideas might be about what's happening with this item. It's a large letter in a jiffy bag with the label printed. Everything is legible and clear. Nothing could have come off I assure you. Could it have reached my DO but for some reason they haven't scanned it or seen it and delivered it? I can't believe Chelmsford hasn't put it on a truck since Tuesday morning. Seems weird. We're not in a period of extra post or strikes either and the MC hasn't reported issues lately.
Starting to think that somehow it's gone missing. Is it likely with a tracked 24 item? I think they are their priority after special deliveries after all so they should be treated carefully.

I am just looking for ideas from you posties as you know how stuff works. Am I right when I assume that Tuesday morning it was scanned probably too late to make it to the DO? What's the usual time trucks depart towards the various DOs in the morning? I don't think the tracking number is needed to answer my questions as I told you what it says. Hopefully it shows up before Monday but not holding much hope anymore.
Do they only send stuff from the MC to the various DOs early in the morning or can it happen later in the day too? I am sure some of you posties or anyway RM staff will know this. I'm asking out of curiosity and also in relation to my delayed item of course. I'm just baffled about this delay of days now. I know there's no guaranteed delivery time with T24 but still, it's been days and I don't see any reasons for this delay other than they lost my stuff somehow.

I'm not looking to know how to claim anything as I know about that and that's not my concern right now. Thanks for any reply in advance. I appreciate any input.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Tracked 24 delayed since Tuesday

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It's most likely stuck in the DO. Have you got your regular postie this week?
Stinkycat22

Re: Tracked 24 delayed since Tuesday

Post by Stinkycat22 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 07:00
It's most likely stuck in the DO. Have you got your regular postie this week?
Yes, and even this morning I got another SD but the tracked 24 from Tuesday is still at Chelmsford according to the tracking. I really doubt it will ever move at this point.

Should I go down my DO next week? The thing is they will fob me off most likely by telling me tracking says Chelmsford has it still. If they misplaced it maybe at the DO who can have a look there for me and see where it could have been left? Anyone at the back with access to where the frames are?

I have to get lucky and get someone at the counter who is willing to go and check at the back for me because sometimes I get staff who tells me they absolutely cannot check at the back for me when I know they can if they want to.

I've always made sure to thank profusely any member of staff who did that for me (whenever I asked to please go and check, it always turned out they did have post held at the back in my name so I was right to ask for them to check) and went that extra mile and checked. I appreciate people who wanna help. I find it tends to be actual posties etc put to work at the counter who are the kindest and more willing to help the customer with stuff like this.

I am not the type to yell or attack verbally at all I will say. I always ask politely but it depends on who you get at the counter and if the guy/lady refuses to go and check I just say "ok thanks" and leave. No point arguing.

What can I do if the item might be stuck somewhere at my DO? Let's not consider that I can get a reship from the sender. What are my options here with RM? (Not meaning a refund for loss but help with locating the item). Thanks again for any reply.