ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item delivered to post office for collection, no email?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
satellite1

Item delivered to post office for collection, no email?

Post by satellite1 »

Hi,

I had an item due to be delivered today.

I wasn't going to be in so I picked for them to deliver to a local post office. I checked the tracking earlier and it says that it has been delivered to the post office and then like 10mins later the tracking updated to "ready to collect" in the details but on the top at the main part it still says "pending".

It says I should bring an email and some ID to collect, my post office is shut now.so I will have to go in on Monday to collect.

The problem is, is that it says I must bring my email to collect.

I was expecting a "your parcel is ready to collect" but I haven't had any email, I only know it was ready to collect by checking the tracking which is still saying pending weirdly enough. How can it both be pending and ready to collect, and why haven't I got my email?

Will I be okay to just go.in on Monday and queue at the post office and tell them my name or show the tracking number, and collect my item? Will the no email be a big deal?

Thank you please for any information.

yellowbelly

Re: Item delivered to post office for collection, no email?

Post by yellowbelly »

satellite1 wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 16:01
Hi,

I had an item due to be delivered today.

I wasn't going to be in so I picked for them to deliver to a local post office. I checked the tracking earlier and it says that it has been delivered to the post office and then like 10mins later the tracking updated to "ready to collect" in the details but on the top at the main part it still says "pending".

It says I should bring an email and some ID to collect, my post office is shut now.so I will have to go in on Monday to collect.

The problem is, is that it says I must bring my email to collect.

I was expecting a "your parcel is ready to collect" but I haven't had any email, I only know it was ready to collect by checking the tracking which is still saying pending weirdly enough. How can it both be pending and ready to collect, and why haven't I got my email?

Will I be okay to just go.in on Monday and queue at the post office and tell them my name or show the tracking number, and collect my item? Will the no email be a big deal?

Thank you please for any information.
Take any info (whether printed or available on your phone) about the item with you and I would have thought you'd be ok. The quote below is from the Local Collect T & C's:
6.3 Delivery of items
6.3.1 We will deliver your item(s) to the branch shown on the address label and the item
recipient may collect the item(s) when the branch is open on production of acceptable
identification as set out in clause 6.3.2. Branch opening times can be accessed
through the API.
6.3.2 The following is acceptable identification:
(a) for Royal Mail Tracked and Special Delivery Guaranteed items, the barcode
reference number to be provided to the item recipient; and
(b) one of the following (originals not copies):
 Birth Certificate
 Building Society Book
 Cheque Book
 Cheque Guarantee Card
 Council Tax Payment Book
 Credit Card
 Credit Card Statement (not older than 6 months)
 Debit Card
 Full Driving Licence
 Marriage Certificate
 Military Photo ID
 Foreign National Identity Card
 National Savings Bank Book
 Valid Passport
 Paid Utilities Bill (not older than 6 months)
 Standard acknowledgment letter (SAL) issued by the Home office for
Asylum Seekers
 Trade Union Card