ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item stuck in Heathrow LC since 24th

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Tobe Hooper

Item stuck in Heathrow LC since 24th

Post by Tobe Hooper »

Is it normal to have an item from Canada to UK and it being stuck on "We've got it" at Heathrow since the 25th of March?
The box is probably the size of a matchbox and has an Indiana Jones hat for a figurine inside of it that was 3D printed. 3 inches big and unpainted.

I keep googling stuff being stuck in Heathrow and they've either ordered stuff that has customs to pay, mine didn't, mine was included on ebay's checkout, or they are ordering some kind of liquids or pills, so it makes sense to have those kept.

Also I got from this same seller before 3D print objects and they always came ASAP.

TY
Last edited by Tobe Hooper on 04 Apr 2024, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Item stuck in Heathrow LC since 24th

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number so we can see if it's actually with RM?
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 19:27
What's the tracking number so we can see if it's actually with RM?
WG084181256GB

They both seem to be stuck but not sure why.
The top said it was due for delivery last saturday but it changed.
And the second said due for 3rd but it got stuck too.
Last edited by Tobe Hooper on 05 Apr 2024, 01:58, edited 2 times in total.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The first one is an item posted in the UK. The sender must have a warehouse somewhere that takes in bulk shipments which then get broken down into individual shipments and then enter RM's network.

The second one, I'm guessing that your local DO might have a lot of staff off this week (holiday and sick)
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 20:14
The first one is an item posted in the UK. The sender must have a warehouse somewhere that takes in bulk shipments which then get broken down into individual shipments and then enter RM's network.

The second one, I'm guessing that your local DO might have a lot of staff off this week (holiday and sick)
It was shipped from Canada through eBay's international shipping program and sent out on the 16th of March. But it didn't arrive in the UK until the 25th. But after the 25th all updates just stopped. Their program could be the warehouse, though, where they gather all their over seas stuff. But I've got from the same seller through that program before and the customs cleared instantly.
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 20:14
https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/EPG071024002036854
do you think this one will come today? it has been so long :nervous
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To be frank I would go back to the sender.

Its down as a tracked item (according to the link you provided) but the Number EPG071024002036854 is not in a tracked format.

So either they have changed the tracking number and have not sent it from the warehouse, or they haven't sent it by the correct service. Either way I think you need to contact the sender just to clarify what is going on.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 08:33
To be frank I would go back to the sender.

Its down as a tracked item (according to the link you provided) but the Number EPG071024002036854 is not in a tracked format.

So either they have changed the tracking number and have not sent it from the warehouse, or they haven't sent it by the correct service. Either way I think you need to contact the sender just to clarify what is going on.
It was one of them international ebay items so they send it to UPS, and then UPS send it to the UK but it arrived in England on the 25th.
It did give me a new tracking. WG084181256GB
but it has been stuck ever since. I do not think the seller has any idea, he is not a business or anything.
Or maybe it will still come but has been since the 25th. Maybe they are backlogged
elfwood.png
noriowd.png
santanagre.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

I just realized Heathrow LC is in Slough and I am in Bracknell, that's a 26 min drive. It is right next to my location so it makes it being stuck even more bizarre!
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

Another seller told me this happened before and their items get lost in Heathrow for months and this seller just gave me a refund instead :sad:
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Tobe Hooper wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 08:05
It was one of them international ebay items so they send it to UPS, and then UPS send it to the UK but it arrived in England on the 25th.
but it has been stuck ever since.
I don't think RM ever change barcodes over in that way (but PFW do). And the GB on the end of the tracking shows that this is an item that is being posted within the UK.
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

Snaggletooth wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 08:12
Tobe Hooper wrote:
09 Apr 2024, 08:05
but it has been stuck ever since.
I don't think RM ever change barcodes over in that way (but PFW do). And the GB on the end of the tracking shows that this is an item that is being posted within the UK.
It was an item from eBay's international shipping program. So when you buy something from abroad the seller sends it to eBay's shipping office. And then the shipping office take over and send it to the UK.

On the eBay tracking it says the guy handed it to UPS to the eBay office in Illinois. And then from there they used UPS to the UK and then Royal Mail took over but then they kept it for 16 days now. And its only 26 mins from me. I'm in Bracknell, they in Slough, we are so close!
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

trackb.png
tracka.png
This is the full track from eBay and it says half way that they changed the barcode.

the only conclusion is that someone stole it, i think or they are soo back logged? it is strange
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

There are a whole load of other reasons for items to stop tracking apart from theft.

Anyway, it was scanned again by RM 3 hours ago.
Tobe Hooper

Post by Tobe Hooper »

Snaggletooth wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 20:42
There are a whole load of other reasons for items to stop tracking apart from theft.

Anyway, it was scanned again by RM 3 hours ago.
TY!

I believe they are sending it back, though since I asked epost for an insurance refund and they told me "item is classed as lost or stolen" and they refunded me the insurance