ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing Parcels

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Lolly310

Missing Parcels

Post by Lolly310 »

I ordered 2 items online on 18th March and the items were sent Tracked 48.
I received 2 emails from Royal Mail advising me of the Tracking Number and date/time to expect delivery.
1 was 20th the other was 21st. Neither item showed up on these days. There was someone in all day on both days.
I checked the Tracker number again on the 23rd and there was no update. Just the 'Ready for Delivery' with the date and time which had been and gone.
I gave it a few days before visiting the Sorting Office on 28th. I gave the bloke behind the counter both tracking numbers. He went in search for them and came back and told me the parcel due for delivery on 20th was out for delivery again. The one due on 21st wasn't on the premises and he basically told me 'I don't know what to tell you, but it's not here'. No surprise, the other parcel was not delivered and no attempt made. Even now the tracking numbers are sowing 'ready for delivery' with dates of 20th and 21st March.

Fast forward to 30th and I ordered a book online, received the Tracking Details and was disheartened it was Royal Mail. Tracking Details stated delivery was due today (2nd) between 9-1pm. No attempt was made to deliver this parcel and as of 5:30pm no update to the tracker.

I can understand 1 parcel getting lost but not THREE in a space of 13 days. I have another book on it's way and the tracker states 'unable to confirm the status of your item' Never had this before but I don't hold out much hope receiving this item.

So that will be FOUR parcels I have not had. I'm sorry but that many parcels in a short space of time don't just go missing when they haven't even left the sorting office. If they have they are in the boot of someones car.

I had already had to make a complaint to RM as we have had no post for 2 weeks. I was due a new bank card at the end of March which I have not received. Had to contact the bank to send out another. As the card was due to start 1/4 I am without a bank card.

I live in Fareham in Hampshire so it's not like I live out in the sticks and I have been told by neighbours they have received mail in the time we haven't.

Can anyone shed any light on what could be the issue? I am now having to contact 2 companies and report my items 'lost in the post' and try and get a refund. Until then I am out of pocket.

Do postmen really steal post or have not 1 but 3 parcels simply 'gone missing'

BenacreNick

Re: Missing Parcels

Post by BenacreNick »

No Lolly - postman do not steal.

Write everything down just like you have here and visit the sorting office you went to before, ask to speak with the manager responsible for your round.

Show him/her the details and then establish a communication channel whilst they start a search for your missing items.

Obviously I can't speak for Fareham - but here we have had staff using up holiday entitlement before the end of March and last week the local councils put Election Cards into our network. We are also experiencing parcels going out in the afternoon on "dedicated parcel routes" only for us to find them the next morning with unattempted delivery.

These are not excuses, but just real everday scenario's that could explain your situation ? :cuppa