ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item sent then sent back to delivery office

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Lthazeder

Item sent then sent back to delivery office

Post by Lthazeder »

Hello! I recently sent an item international tracked and signed for. I sent it on Friday 23rd and in the Royal Mail app I was told the sender was preparing the item and then hadn’t heard anything about it since. I therefore had assumed it had gone missing. However, yesterday I got another update saying it was now at the mail center. This morning, I got a notification saying it had been despatched back to my local delivery office. I’m really confused as to why it would’ve immediately been sent back. The item was under the weight requirement, under the size requirement and the only thing I can think of is there was a debit card inside it for the receiver. However I’m not sure the mail office would’ve been able to know that? I went up to the post office (not the delivery office) where I’d sent the item from and asked the woman if she had any idea why it would’ve been sent back. She looked absolutely baffled and was as confused as I was to see the notification. The address was correct I’m sure of that because I have the proof of postage. The parcel was going to New Zealand. Glad it’s not lost, but just absolutely baffled as to why it would’ve been immediately returned to the delivery office. Also does anyone know if I’ll be able to get my money back for the postage?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Item sent then sent back to delivery office

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Just looked up the restrictions for New Zealand and one of the things that's prohibited is:
Cash; currency or vouchers/ gift cards
My guess is that New Zealand customs must reject any debit or credit cards from entering New Zealand.

Did you put a customs declaration form on the item? Some countries are very strict with customs declarations.
Lthazeder

Post by Lthazeder »

Thank you so much for the reply that’s more helpful than anything I’ve found. Any idea if I’d be able to get my money back for the postage? That’s such a pain
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Any chance of posting the tracking number?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Lthazeder wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 13:46
Thank you so much for the reply that’s more helpful than anything I’ve found. Any idea if I’d be able to get my money back for the postage? That’s such a pain
That would depend on the circumstances behind what happened. If you sent something that isn’t allowed in the post or by NZ customs, if the address on the package wasn’t valid etc then you won’t get your money back.