ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
snailmailsdead

Annual leave

Post by snailmailsdead »

Could someone advise Royal Mails annual leave dates. i.e. when does all leave need to be taken by each year please?

adb2aber
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Annual leave

Post by adb2aber »

snailmailsdead wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 17:45
Could someone advise Royal Mails annual leave dates. i.e. when does all leave need to be taken by each year please?
You're a small business owner who has taken 95% of their parcels elsewhere, why does it matter to you when a postie needs to take leave by?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

snailmailsdead wrote:
Just like every firm big and small around the country, annual leave has to be used up by the end of the financial year
snailmailsdead

Post by snailmailsdead »

You're a small business owner who has taken 95% of their parcels elsewhere, why does it matter to you when a postie needs to take leave by?
[/quote]

The 5% is capable of causing a big hole in my pocket when its not delivered and I have to refund.That cost is the goods, the time to pick and pack, and the time to manage the god awful Royal Mail process.There is also consequential loss to reputation, fortunately once customers are aware Royal Mail were used they generally accept the situation without too much issue, and we retain the business by reassuring them we will use another provider for future orders at our cost.

I wondered if the recent further decline in service was owing to a standard end of year increase in absence, and it will return to the poor we are used to in short order. Nothing much is going to change, there is no way a decent provider would want to take on the service, and no way I'd trust Royal Mail ever again with anything other than the crumbs they get. My only hope is they move to a delivery expectation they can achieve whatever it may be, all the disgruntled staff move on to whatever if any employment makes them happy and customers don't keep getting bent over paying for something they don't receive.

And don't get me started on the time wasted fighting every one of the spurious surcharges added by the faulty machines for oversize or whatever.
Sean06

Post by Sean06 »

snailmailsdead wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 08:30
The 5% is capable of causing a big hole in my pocket when its not delivered and I have to refund.That cost is the goods, the time to pick and pack, and the time to manage the god awful Royal Mail process.There is also consequential loss to reputation, fortunately once customers are aware Royal Mail were used they generally accept the situation without too much issue, and we retain the business by reassuring them we will use another provider for future orders at our cost.

I wondered if the recent further decline in service was owing to a standard end of year increase in absence, and it will return to the poor we are used to in short order. Nothing much is going to change, there is no way a decent provider would want to take on the service, and no way I'd trust Royal Mail ever again with anything other than the crumbs they get. My only hope is they move to a delivery expectation they can achieve whatever it may be, all the disgruntled staff move on to whatever if any employment makes them happy and customers don't keep getting bent over paying for something they don't receive.

And don't get me started on the time wasted fighting every one of the spurious surcharges added by the faulty machines for oversize or whatever.
[/quote]

Why even give them crumbs if your so unhappy??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

snailmailsdead wrote:

Leave must be taken within the same financial year as it is earned.

However, Royal Mail have a requirement that all annual leave for the next financial year must be applied for by October of the preceding year.

So all leave for Apr 2024 to March 2025 would be applied for usually by October 2023.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Members are reminded to be careful posting comments in the Customer Section of the board.

Inappropriate comments may be removed to protect members from getting themselves disciplined for an off-the-cuff remark or an ill-thought-out response to a perceived slight.

It HAS happened before.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."