ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

international Tracked and Signed For - No Tracking

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
petetobin

international Tracked and Signed For - No Tracking

Post by petetobin »

Hi, thank you for letting me join. I sent some important documents to the US two weeks ago via International Tracked and Signed For. When I check the tracking it shows that it was scanned at the Moorgate Post Office but there has been absolutely nothing since. Royal Mail via Twitter have told me not to worry and they will look at it in a months time if the item hasn't been delivered but they are confident everything is ok. My question is, should I have expected some tracking as it moved through the system or is it normal to not hear anything until it is Delivered as with the Confirmation of Delivery service? Perhaps I am being confused by the use of the word "tracked".

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: international Tracked and Signed For - No Tracking

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

International tracked and signed should be trackable throughout, when you tracked the item did it confirm that was the service.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
petetobin

Post by petetobin »

Thanks for replying, yes I did. The tracking number is RN733290361GB and the service is shown there. My question is really trying to understand what is likely to have gone wrong. In my mind there are two scenarios, the bar code is damaged so it is impossible to scan the item as it moves through the system (maybe it got wet) or the item went missing between the first and second scans. Problem I have is that it is going to a big US government organisation who have said it may take them a month to respond so without confirmation of delivery, I have no idea what's going on. Kicking off the entire process again will be very expensive as the documents needed to be notarised.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Your suggestion of the label being damaged is possible but probably unlikely.

It might be worth contacting Royal Mail customer services directly and seeing if you can escalate to the next level.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."