ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Difference between Langley Hwdc and GBLALA?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
carr0

Difference between Langley Hwdc and GBLALA?

Post by carr0 »

Hello,
I am tracking a small parcel I've sent abroad from Britain. The two most recent notices coming up are:

1. Royal Mail. Your package is in transit with the carrier. Item Received by Royal Mail. Langley Hwdc.

followed by

2. Universal Postal Union. Your parcel has arrived at a transit centre, it is on its way. Departure from outward office of exchange. GBLALA.

From what I've read, Langley HWDC is a RM facility at Heathrow, and GBLALA is an outward processing centre, not run by RM but also at Heathrow. Have I understood right? And does the second notice mean the parcel has cleared customs and is on its way to the airline, or does it still have to go through customs first?

Many thanks for any help with this.
Carr

Edit:

I think this must have gone through customs now, because there is a newer item on the tracking which says

3. Royal Mail. Your package is in transit with the carrier. Item Leaving the UK. Langley Hwdc