ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

Post by Snaggletooth »

Ian123jj wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 10:41
No I don't think I own a PO box service. I'm a tenant renting this place.
Snaggletooth wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 12:35
I think delivered could also mean:

1. Delivered to a PO Box that belongs to the sender, if the return address was a PO Box.

Ian123jj

Re: Wrong and invalid postcode but correct address but the parcel now is unclear of it's location

Post by Ian123jj »

I just checked with my sender they said if returned it would be returned to their warehouse, which would take 15 working days just to confirm...
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

Update:
The parcel was found.
I've made five phone calls to customer service; each phone call had an average waiting time of 40 minutes, which is killing me.
During the first two calls they constantly told me if the postcode was wrong, the parcel would be returned to the sender.
The third and fourth phone calls were meaningless since they were apologising all the time and told me to let the sender contact them instead of me.
I made the fifth phone call today in the morning and the guy just went and checked the GPS pin point for me when I asked for that. I have no idea why the previous phone calls they are not checking that for me even if I ask for that.
The pinpoint is on a street called Store Street and I saw a building called Oxygen Tower, and I happen to have friends living there. So I asked her to check that for me and it was there for the past few weeks.
I'm not trying to blame but there are loads of flaws in Royal Mail Service. First, no email or text messages when the parcel was delivered, I had to check it myself and surprisingly found it was delivered days ago. Then for an extremely long waiting time for the service line, I spent more than 2 hours alone in the waiting line and the actual speaking time accumulated was less than 10 minutes. And the web page redirection is a disaster since it's looping me into the same information board over and over again. Last but not least the delivery guy. The proof of delivery was uploaded days after the parcel was delivered, and the image is quite blurry. And I still have no idea why it would be delivered to somewhere that completely has nothing associated with the postal code and the address on the label.
Anyway, I hope this discussion board could be helpful to someone who might have a similar problem.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

I'm glad you have found your parcel Ian.

However - the work you put it to locate it should not be happening.

I'm not in the Manchester area and I don't deliver to tower blocks either, so I can't comment on this situation, but I'm just glad you've found your parcel.

Are other Manchester residents looking for the other 7 parcels in the photo ? :cuppa
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

The parcels in the image might be for others. I'm not sure if they are sent wrong anyway.
Bibsta837

Post by Bibsta837 »

I have a similar problem - sent a package to a jewellery company in Swansea area by Special Delivery, Next Day by 1pm, Signed for. The correct postcode was BA3 1PL but I made a mistake and put the postcode as BA13 1PL. This postcode was abandoned by Royal Mail in December 1994, so does not exist. Tracking information says it went to Port Talbot DO but they realised it went there in error and was going to be sorted immediately. The rest of the postal address and name was correct and my sender address was included on envelope. Do you think that this will get delivered to the recipient, albeit a day or two late. I am going to try and contact Port Talbot DO to get their advice with this problem. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.
Ian123jj

Post by Ian123jj »

I would suggest contacting the local do office or service line ASAP if it wasn't delivered and you can call them to change the address.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

BA3 oostcode would be for the Bath area.

Swansea is SA postcode, as is Port Talbot probably.

:cuppa